Which Bible should I read first?

Which Bible should I read first?
New or old???

Attached: images - 2022-05-25T104519.870.jpg (500x500, 33.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/rhymingforreasons/walk-the-way
ageoflaodicea.com/genesis/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

start at genesis, read till revelation

kjv or geneva only

The old testament is a bunch of jewish fairytales.

Attached: 1652836220692.jpg (600x848, 46.89K)

Conflicting opinions.
Could you elaborate why
I mean I will eventually read both.

Old. Start at the beginning. If you can make it out of genesis without disgust at the lies you’ve been told regarding the value of the nonsense enshrined, you might be well girded for the rest of the nonsense to follow. More than likely you’ll do what all Christians do, lie about having read it, and stick to the coloring book veggietales version.

hahahaha i get it

may Allah guide you kakachi.

Niggers don't have the intelligence to decipher sentences and words

the non-jewish one

Start with the talmud, the jews hate it when you read their gay ass larp

Ausfailians are Godless heathens

soundcloud.com/rhymingforreasons/walk-the-way
KJV original if you can.

Unironically this. Read Talmud first

Focus on the new testament. That is the good news of Christ

Geneva is where 99% of the KJV comes from, it's nearly identical but it's in the old language so it engages your brain as you (initially) struggle with the antient typography and spellings. This mental effort will inculcate knowledge into your mind at a deeper level than simple language meant for a modern person could.

Attached: GenevaBible.jpg (2592x1944, 2.54M)

Read the old testament first, the new testament second, and picrel third.

Attached: Book-of-Mormon.jpg (600x863, 102.51K)

Does God ever comment on why he made me ugly?

Old, and don't even bother with the new.

>Read a medieval translation of a previously translated book, that’s missing almost a full quarter of the content.

Don't waste your time.

Read hermetics or maybe living and dying by sogyal rinpoche.

Old didn't work or there wouldn't be a new, it's important to know what's there but if you can only focus on one first focus on what Jesus actually said and did. I suggest an easy reading modern english version and then KJV and other versions for when you actually get interested in a particular passage and it's meaning.

Hi fellow mormon

How familiar are you with the Bible? How much of it have you read?

Good evening, fellow Latter-day Saint.

All of it. Then the Book of Enoch for DLC

Fpbp

bless you india bro

Honest question, how much research do you guys do from resources that dont have the CoJCoLDS logo on it? I've done multiple missions trips to SLC and the surrounding area including Rocky Ridge to ask y'all about why you believe the bible has lost many plain nad precious truths and it all comes down to believing without evidence.

You need to read it in order to have the best understanding. What other book would you read out of order?

It's tough and it's repetitive, but it's worth it and remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Try to read at least 3 chapters a day so you will finish in a year but if you fall behind it does not matter as long as you don't give up.

Could I read NKJV?

All of Jesus' teachings come from the old testament... Because he's the one that gave the law to Moses in the first place.

bible is fake

>wholly bridal

Attached: 76hgs4.png (256x256, 71.4K)

Ignore , he's just bullshiting. was decent advice. I personally read New Testament in the mornings and Old Testament in the evening.
But there are more than one way to tackle it. I'm currently finishing up 1 Chronicles.

I like NKJV. Just take the time to read the footnotes. The footnotes correct many of the mistranslations and oversimplifications, such as the story or Ehud killing King Eglon.

I would read history first, so you get the context. Shit was fucked up in that little pocket of land. To understand the event that happened 2000 years ago that made humanity advance more than any other, you have to see the plan that was acted upon and that was the prophecy of Isaiah. Matthew wrote a testy angry screed that lit a fire on the world, and Mark and Luke tried to temper afterwards. John, who was student to both John and Baptist and Jesus, watched it all go down but also lived long enough to see the mustard seed sprout. The gospel of John could be called, The Madman Actually Did It.

The plan needed: Isaiah (Old Testament)
The plan enacted: Matthew or Mark (New Testament)
The plan is working: Gospel of John.

You want to understand the human impact of one sacrifice that ended the tribal mindset allowing for human advancement by ending the cruelty of the old ways. Ignore the bad apples that hijack and kill in the name of, the overall improvement of humanity due to Jesus is the real deal.

it's all fictional anyways

Literally doesn't matter, it has to be the most divided and confusing religion on the planet.

It is so vague that it can be interpreted in any way imaginable - hence why there are thousands of sub-denominations - yes, fucking thousands.

How are you meant to decide which teaching is true? How do I know if I just need Jesus or need to travel all the way to a church to confess to some priest? How do I know if infant baptism is valid or not? How do I know if I need to eat a clump of carbs every Sunday or not?
>Read bible
But then you read it and you can see where each denomination comes from and why they interpret it and so you cannot decide which one is true.

>Trust the holy spirit
But every denomination says this - yet they cannot all be correct - so clearly that doesn't work well.

Attached: 1589070810401.jpg (2048x1357, 1.18M)

Go here.
Start reading from Genesis 1
ageoflaodicea.com/genesis/

I recommend starting with the book of John. From a literary point of view I like the KJV, but for general reading the NIV is fine.

It’s all made up garbage anyway

Attached: 352D555F-602C-4989-BB3E-B57E3B8DDCD8.gif (230x172, 1.5M)

>NIV is fine
No it's not.

Attached: 34b4263193b1b0867ef6807f96861790.jpg (520x665, 72.58K)

Also I read the Bible from an app, should I just buy a hard copy?

All the KJVs were based on the jewish retcon of the Septuagint. Archaeology has proven that the original Old Testament was the one written in Greek, the Hebrew masoretic text, first accepted by the KJV, wasn’t written until 700AD. It removed a bunch of inconvenient passages.

you can, but should you? you'd be missing out on all of the good english archaisms and straightforward passages. it's simply a more honest form of english. you speak french, and might gain a fuller understanding of both languages.

I am English I just live over here so yeah I can understand it kek. I speak both languages fluently however