Herodotus

According to legends recounted by Herodotus, the alphabet was first introduced to Greece by a Phoenician named Cadmus. Herodotus estimates that Cadmus lived sixteen hundred years earlier, or around 2000 BC.

''The Phoenicians who came with Cadmus—amongst whom were the Gephyraei—introduced into Greece, after their settlement in the country, a number of accomplishments, of which the most important was writing, an art till then, I think, unknown to the Greeks. At first they , the Phoenicians, used the same characters as all the other Phoenicians, but as time went on, and they changed their language, they also changed the shape of their letters. At that period most of the Greeks in the neighbourhood were Ionians; they were taught these letters by the Phoenicians and adopted them, with a few alterations, for their own use, continuing to refer to them as the Phoenician characters—as was only right, as the Phoenicians had introduced them. The Ionians also call paper 'skins'—a survival from antiquity when paper was hard to get, and they did actually use goat and sheep skins to write on. Indeed, even today many foreign peoples use this material. In the temple of Ismenian Apollo at Theba in Boeotia I have myself seen cauldrons with inscriptions cut on them in Cadmean characters—most of them not very different from the Ionian.''

Attached: christian 99999.jpg (428x500, 47.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

christogenea.org/essays/identifying-phoenicians
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone who studied a bit of history knows this is wrong the Phoenician alphabet didn't come into existence till the late bronze age and the Mycenaean city of Thebes was using linear b till around 1100 bc. the introduction and syncretism into the Greek alphabet happened around ~1000-900 bc with the first Greek writings appearing in 800b bc give or take.
Heracles, Iason and the participants of the trojan war never saw the Greek script as we know it, they did speak a language that sounds similar to Greek but the writing system was completely different

Herodotus is based and every year they are forced to admit he was right to a greater degree about everything.

>trust your (((professor))) and not the Father of History
kek

No it's based on archaeological findings, myths are nice, and sure something like it happened but not in the aforementioned timeframe Herodotus gives us, most of the ancients pulled dates out of their ass as much as we make memes today. Hearing a story from your cousins friends uncle and writing it down does not make it reality.
Try researching shit yourself, fun fact the exodus never happened, Moses was probably based on either a Hyksos ruler that got kicked out of Egypt by the dynasty that would later father Ramses II or pure fiction. Making all the poor Hebrew propaganda bs even in ancient times

sounds like conjecture bro
they always base their criticisms of Herodotus on him diligently recording folk myths of different people even though he explicitly states in the start of his histories that he doesn't believe everything he records. people really are that retarded

(((findings)))
they're wrong

this

>most of the ancients pulled dates out of their ass as much as we make memes today.

bro... the archeology departments are filled rank and file with jews. They construct entire narratives based on little information and presuppositions.

I'm just saying that hearsay and word of mouth hand me downs are usually truths watered down or romanticized. Not necessarily wrong but definitely incorrect.
If you wanna look for something, take a big sieve and start sorting the sands of time till you're left with something that most directly resembles truth.
I want to believe these things but misinformation stays exactly that. Herodotus is a champ for everything he did, like you said even he was sceptical of some of the stories but I'm glad he took the time to write them down

The guy who discovered and documented Mycenaean civilization was an ethnic german

Not disagreeing with that and archaeological departments are sweating their asses off to keep up the narrative they've made up so they can keep their positions, however we can't take all the ancients wrote down at face value either.

>exodus never happened
>exodus was probably based on an exodus like event that happened

You're retarded user

Yeah, northern Italy preceded Phoenicia and its history gets extremely jewed all the time.

Herodotus wrote about Hyperborea

He wrote accounts of what he heard about it. It was so remote in antiquity even in his time that he admits it's all hearsay though.

The sheer amount of pilpul (((academics))) do to dance around the fact that hebrew (not modern yiddish) was the original "protoindoeuropean" language, probably because the kikes want to feel special and unique and not related to the goyim, and dont want their revised language to be shown as a fraud.

If you dig into the scholarship, they subtly admit this though that the alphabet was given to us by the hebrews in egypt pre 1500bc.

that's a fair enough opinion i guess, but take the Exodus as you mentioned for example.... I can think of 3 sources from 3 different bias vantage points and they all align enough to gather a picture of a general cohesive story. we have an Egyptian source of the 'victorious Pharoh driving the Hiburi(?) out of their lands from the meneptah steele, Then we have The old testament from the Hebrews who had the same story from the other hand of the exchange. Then we have the greek Diodorus Siculus who relates to us the account from another Greek settled within Egypt....

Attached: christianity exodus.jpg (1280x587, 248.62K)

In ancient times a great plague occurred in Egypt, and many ascribed the cause of it to the gods, who were offended with them.

For since the multitudes of strangers of different nationalities, who lived there, made use of their foreign rites in religious ceremonies and sacrifices, the ancient manner of worshipping the gods, practised by the ancestors of the Egyptians, had been quite lost and forgotten.

2 Therefore the native inhabitants concluded that, unless all the foreigners were driven out, they would never be free from their miseries.

All the foreigners were forthwith expelled, and the most valiant and noble among them, under some notable leaders, were brought to Greece and other places, as some relate; the most famous of their leaders were Danaus and Cadmus. But the majority of the people descended into a country not far from Egypt, which is now called Judaea and at that time was altogether uninhabited.

3 The leader of this colony was one Moses, a very wise and valiant man, who, after he had possessed himself of the country, amongst other cities, built that now most famous city, Jerusalem, and the temple there, which is so greatly revered among them.

He instituted the holy rites and ceremonies with which they worship God; and made laws for the methodical government of the state. He also divided the people into twelve tribes, which he regarded as the most perfect number; because it corresponds to the twelve months within a whole year.

4 He made no representation or image of gods, because he considered that nothing of a human shape was applicable to God; but that heaven, which surrounds the earth, was the only God, and that all things were in its power.

But he so arranged the rites and ceremonies of the sacrifices, and the manner and nature of their customs, as that they should be wholly different from all other nations; for, as a result of the expulsion of his people, he introduced a most inhuman and unsociable manner of life.

5 He also made them judges, for the decision of the most serious cases, and committed to their care the preservation of their laws and customs. Therefore they say that the Jews have never had any king; but that the leadership of the people has always been entrusted to a priest, who excels all the rest in prudence and virtue. They call him the chief priest, and they regard him as the messenger and interpreter of the mind and commands of God.

6 And they say that he, in all their public assemblies and other meetings, discloses what has been commanded; and the Jews are so compliant in these matters, that forthwith they prostrate themselves upon the ground, and adore him as the high priest, who has interpreted to them the will of God.

At the end of the laws this is added: “This is what Moses has heard from God and proclaims to the Jews.”

This lawgiver also laid down many excellent rules and instructions for military affairs, in which he trained the youth to be brave and steadfast, and to endure all miseries and hardships.

7 Moreover, he undertook many wars against the neighbouring nations, and gained much territory by force of arms, which he gave as allotments to his countrymen, in such a way as that everyone shared alike, except the priests, who had a larger portion than the rest; so that, because they had a larger income, they might continually attend upon the public worship of God without interruption. Neither was it lawful for any man to sell his allotment, lest, by the greed of those that bought the allotments, the others might be made poor and oppressed, and so the nation might suffer a shortage of manpower.

8 He also ordered the inhabitants to be careful in rearing their children, who are brought up with very little expense; and by that means the Jewish nation has always been very populous. As to their marriages and funerals, he instituted customs far different from all other people.

Thanks bruv good sauce. Danaoi are obv tribe of dan/denyen too. No idea who cadmus could be

christogenea.org/essays/identifying-phoenicians

Some good info on Cadmus here. i listened to it a while ago so i can't say at which point he discusses it in the podcast.

That is an interesting take and sounds grounded in reality more so than most myths people tend to fling around.
Ultimately it's still a patchwork but it's way more plausible to look at similar events trough different points of view and reach a conclusion like this.
The issue with the Moses is that he, like many other mythological founders is probably a conglomerate of rulers all put into one person to give a stronger foundation for future generations to build upon, otherwise this is something I can find myself in agreement with.
It's a shame that the majority is only holding on to one account of these varying situations and refuses to be open to a less romantic point of view.
But that's what 2000 years of heavily regulated monotheism does to a species I guess.
Thanks for sharing and keep up these threads

Will check it. Also i think joseph was the one who introduced the alphabet characters to the egyptians, not that he took the hieroglyphs from them, because you see similar glyphs in older sumeria and brahmi script from abraham (brahman) pre joseph. Plus egyptians only started to use those glyphs after joseph and the hyksos dynasty, then simplifying their hundreds of glyphs down to something resembling an alphabet obv inspired by the hebrew alphabet