Why do corporations not drop prices to combat inflation?

If you make your goods cost less, decreasing the value of money is counteracted. Why do corporations not just do the responsible thing and drop prices? Why is the fed always blamed?

Attached: shekels.jpg (600x400, 41.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6046945/Homo-erectus-went-extinct-lazy-new-research-reveals.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>If you make your goods cost less, decreasing the value of money is counteracted
false. Me offering lower prices =/= me receiving lower prices
>Why do corporations not just do the responsible thing and drop prices?
It wouldn't be responsible to the shareholders for the reason I gave previously
>Why is the fed always blamed?
Why do central planners think they can outsmart the market?

Worked for Henry Ford with the t model he kept dropping prices and sold millions

user less typing more learning and you won't look so stupid

China Joe has not allowed the oil companies to pump oil causing infection so why does everyone have to suffer because of china Joe.
Why does china Joe want Americans to be poor ? Raise pay china joe says inflation
Americans are descending on Washington DC

>false. Me offering lower prices =/= me receiving lower prices
for any fungible good, if a corporation drops prices they will receive higher demand for their goods to make up lost profits per individual sale. not sure what you are getting at.

And a good chunk of that profit will be nullified by higher operational costs.
It's not a bad strategy if your goal is to crush the competition but it's not viable for a long time period. Also there's the perception of cheaper = bad quality that might hurt your products depending on the market.

Next time you will hear people propose that workers should help the economy working for less.

Attached: 4d5f0b56dfb2f0e84b0a12b34c08016bc49e77c354f532184ec58a77dfd6d2c6_1.jpg (710x1044, 196.13K)

Henry Ford was also very anti-Jewish. He was a bad goy that didn't understand the system that helped so many americans.

Because they are too greedy. Unironically, they would make even more money if they did that, but they are too shortsighted to see that

Without any central planners we might've hit hyper inflation. Now, that is something much worse than what we have now.

>Why do corporations not drop prices to combat inflation?
because of their money clip, pic related

Attached: 1621775913325.jpg (680x659, 69.17K)

Too many pale negroes around:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6046945/Homo-erectus-went-extinct-lazy-new-research-reveals.html

You sound like one of my kids when I had to explain why LEGOs can't be free.

Inflation hits producers first and in many situations, they actually eat a small loss to the bottom line before raising prices in the event it's just a blip.

Nah, your mafia of apeman always don't care or sabotage any attempt to reduce prices, and also promote cartels, gambling, money printing and everything else that hands over lots of gibs but increases prices as side effect.

>working for less
it will be impossible to claw back wage and salary growth. decreased labor supply during covid made service industries offer above minimum wage for assurances that the workers would show up on a daily basis. work positions able to move overseas have been outsourced already.

As long as government doesn't interfere with price controls, the market will force corporations to drop prices to encourage buying.

Attached: 1619612767921.jpg (1920x1280, 285.15K)

>why LEGOs can't be free.
you should tell your fucking kid find a cheap way of obtaining legos. probably 9/10 boomers in your neighborhood have a box of them that they would give away or sell for a few dollars.

chuggs suggs

This is something (((you))) repeat in a loop ignoring the massive mafias (((you))) have outside of the state too.

What are profit margins.
Assuming that one can just arbitrarily lower their price is also assuming that the profit margin is great enough to still turn a profit.
When it doesn't turn a profit, you cut either the number of employees, or their hours, to make back what would put you in the negative.

So. If I sold 1,000 products at $5 I made $5,000 but I have $3,000 in expenses.
If I sold 1,000 product for $3 and my expenses are still $3,000 I didn't make any money. So, a poor wagie has to be let go.
Every single supplier has to go through this, and so on to the manufacturer of said product. Everyone along every step of the chain has to think about profit margins. If lumber is more expensive, it will cost more to make the table, and the table will also be expensive. Just arbitrarily lowering the price isn't a reasonable decision.

>Why do corporations not drop prices to combat inflation?
Because customers vote for gvt who ban corporations to buy things cheaper from some countries and force them to close down their factories because customers, who vote for the gvt, fear the flu and ask for more protection. I'm single and earn more than enough to never care about inflation. I hope you suffer all.

>Why don't companies just voluntarily makes less money while the price of their inputs are rising

companies are raising prices on fungible goods to keep up with inflation growth to maintain a constant profit. It is completely reasonable if a corporation lowers the price of a fungible good to a point where they still profit on the sale that the increased demand will drive up sales. pretty simple.

I have a revolutionary idea for you OP.
Stop printing money.

Attached: 1611077463093.png (1116x1018, 102.5K)

>>raising prices to keep up with inflation
>>reasonable to reduce price
...do you not understand why the price goes up in the first place? What the inflation is? How old are you? Are you between the ages of 13 and 23?

Jews

This is the result of unregulated capitalism
Its only going to get worse because Republicans and Democrats are both slaves to their corporate masters