Particularly interesting was the approach of the Native Americans, which were deeply affected by the disease...

Particularly interesting was the approach of the Native Americans, which were deeply affected by the disease. By the end of XIXth century several surgeons and practitioners related to the US army, as well as the prestigious botanist Charles F. Millspaugh (1892), described the use of poultices and infusions from the Indigenous medical flora based on the plant Sarracenia purpurea (family Sarraceniaceae) to be effective for treating smallpox, in a likely case of medical appropriation of the Indigenous therapeutic knowledge (Lawrence-Mackey, 2019). Known by Native Americans (Mi’kmaq people) as Mqo’oqewi’k, also named purple pitcher plant, it belongs to a genus of carnivorous species that use modified pitcher-shaped leaves to trap insects. Possibly, the spotted appearance of the plant, resembling one of the main clinical signs of the disease (Clarke, 1996), inspired its use to the Indigenous people. This may be another example of the doctrine of signatures, an ancient concept by which God somehow indicated to men what plants would be useful for, by certain signs (Coles, 1657), a pseudoscience which has caused more harm than good in general, although exceptions appear. Compelling descriptions of their effectiveness were recorded, such as ‘‘the greatest remedy known for the dreadful scourge’’ or “‘it seemed to arrest the development of the pustules, killing, as it were, the virus from within” (Clarke, 1996). The advent of vaccination put forward the botanical remedy, but the antiviral properties of Sarracenia purpurea have been later demonstrated in vitro (Arndt et al., 2012). The authors showed that the plant extract was not only active against smallpox, but also against other poxviruses, papovirus SV-40 and various herpes viruses, including papillomavirus and Epstein-Barr virus-associated carcinomas, usually by inhibiting the virus replication at the level of early transcription (Moore and Langland, 2018).

Attached: 51h-YyVrCxL._AC_.jpg (500x375, 38.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2020.571042/full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3302891/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523484/?page=1
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523484/?page=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Exana Pox

i want to put my penis inside that flower

Cool now post source link

frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpls.2020.571042/full

based.
but dont talk too much about it before i can secure a stock of these

Already got some of this from the Amish bros.
Places are running out already, so you may want to start looking into it now.

Attached: SarraceniaPurpureaExtract.png (428x839, 482.6K)

the motherfuckers.
always a step ahead.

anyways
how do you use that?
you eat it? snort it? inject into the urethra?

>how do you use that?
Drops in water and drink.
There's "Extract" and "Tincture" options.
I think the only difference is the carrier. Extract is MCT Oil and Tincture is Alcohol.

if you have a link to the product i should be able to piece up the rest

just tell me how much and how often do you take it

>doctrine of signatures
Known to European shamen as Sympathetic magic
Fuck your "doctrine of signatures" lmao christians steal everything, tripartite gods, Hel, and 'christmas' included..

I'd rather buy the plant my self and work from there. Which part of the plant do they use? The root?

Don’t you have a supermarket to shoot up, pagancuck?

good call.
but you still have to know the dosage
first hand, if possible

I just bought some from British ebay, waffle fren. Search for S purpurea extract.

yeah yeah
but having it != knowing how to use it and how it works

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3302891/

better help me with this

>At doses where virus replication was inhibited, little to no cellular toxicity was observed.

>For the preparation of S. purpurea extract, fresh whole plants grown in a greenhouse in the Southeastern United States were shipped overnight express and received at the manufacturing facility (Sedona, AZ). The plants were manually cleaned on the same day, with special attention to cleaning the base portion of the plant's pitcher structure so that it was free from contamination with forest detritus. Cleaned whole plant was ground gently in a Hamilton Beach Stainless steel blender in the presence of a blend of 190-proof grain ethanol/distilled water/vegetable glycerin (63%/32%/5%). The plant/liquid mixture was transferred to an amber colored glass container, sealed tightly, and incubated at room temperature for 48 days. The liquid was pressed from the solid plant material, filtered through unbleached paper filters, pooled, and bottled in amber colored glass bottles.
I guess they just used the entire plant and pressed out the juices from it. Idk how they administered it yet.

ooooo good contextual comeback spastic]
maybe next week

found this:
>However, treating the cells with fresh S. purpurea every six hours completely abolished the replication of VACV. This correlates well with how patients were treated in the past where the treatment regime involved taking 4–6 doses of the extract per day [*]

links to this:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523484/?page=1

I'm reading the same thing. I just don't know for sure if people took it orally or in some other manner and at what dosage. Doesn't seem to indicate its super toxic other than the potential for diarrhea while taking it.

found it.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523484/?page=3

in the appendix

how big is a dose?

the doses they took were wrong
they all died.

maybe its the fact they took it orally
maybe you have to use it as a lotion like the indians did

can be caused by the fact the active compund is digested, and thus rendered inactive

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5523484/?page=3
looks like everyone treated with it died

yeah
but modern in vitro tests have been conclusively positive.

i think it may be caused by the acidity of the stomach (same as with ailinin of garlic)

so either intravenous
or ground, as a lotion

All these modern oral extracts are probably worthless, then.

maybe not.
you may dilute them and use them as compresses.

this may actually be the best way to do things because extract is concentrated.

thing is, i dont see the active compuond named even once in the paper.

having a named compound would clarify what can be done with it, temeprature, acidity, and even shelf-life or storage wise.

its all "sarracea extract"

>compresses
soak bandages in it and apply sarracea that way

it seems in all practicality it would need to be applied to the lesions anyways (unless youre willing to inject a homemade concoction)