ITT: thoughts on Eastern spirituality (and spirituality in general)

What do western societies think about eastern religions, spirituality, philosophy etc? discussions about spirituality welcome in this thread. Interested in hearing opinions

Attached: Eastern-Religions.jpg (800x460, 37.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-y0uLJjLxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also some photos

Attached: 5d0143592500004e12dda814.jpg (570x342, 55.18K)

Satanic bullshit.
Those that don't walk with Christ will know hellfire.

"Satanic bullshit" How is forcing someone to follow teachings of one ideology any better than satanism? You guys talk shit about Islam and do the same stuff. Try not to connect us with satanism

Attached: 368c84035b00b76029e3182e2a3d7697.jpg (1000x1500, 357.08K)

Attached: Master.jpg (1000x667, 212.75K)

Buddhism is ok. Its basically natural philosophy based on obersvation and understanding. However due to lack of divine revelations, while otherwise being correct on things mostly, it lacks meaning and purpose, which only can come from a penultimate and caring creator and as such it devolves into nihilism with their highest goal being to escape this vain existence via good behavior and thus creates a virtous nihilism.
Shinto Buddhism I would say is the same except it introduces the spirit world and the various spirits and gods into the wordview which again isnt really wrong, but imperfect and thus often introduces also worship of these lesser gods instead of the worship of the most high
Hinduism is basically just myths and history, too occupied with metaphysics and the nature of being that it forgets introducing proper morals, or at least have such a low focus that this is never brought up leading to the street shitting. Hinduism, like any polytheism, also cant really have absolute morals as they either come from the most high, or are entirely relativistic, subject to everyone making the worship of one deity as legit as the other, even if the form of worship is absolutely wicked.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-y0uLJjLxk

Attached: Shangri-La-380x240.jpg (380x240, 41.03K)

:3

Attached: 51cNqMPsbbL.jpg (333x500, 33.23K)

Only retards think genuinely practiced spiritual teachings from either west or eastern religions are incompatible.
Yes; there is the big debate between monist, dualist and polytheist composition of the divine but the principles of practice regarding others and yourself is fairly consistent throughout. Theres a few radical teachings that eschew from uniformity of thought but thats would be more due to cultural and environmental imposition of the individual's practice over time.

Attached: Image (8).jpg (663x1024, 215.66K)

I disagree on Hinduism part. We have books such as the vedas collection and Bhagwat Geeta which talk about the ways through which one should go on about living a life. Also, street shitting is due to the lack of education and the slavery we went through for years and it is changing rapidly. I read somewhere that britishers used to laugh at Indians for bathing like twice a day. Why is learning about Metaphysics relativistic though? We take meditation exercises and perform rituals and are generally inquisitive about spiritual world also and try to look for an explanation beyond human understanding (EG multiverse theories, Matrix etc)

>Eastern religions is Satanism
Christcuck IQ

Any hindu here has read this one, or this ?

Attached: 51avJUEbn8L.jpg (331x500, 34.25K)

Some are interesting, but irrelevant to me.

I never thought that way considering many Abrahamic religious teachers often reject teaching about eastern religions. (For eg Yoga)

>Hinduism is polytheism
Setting Advaita Vedanta aside even the vedas talks about the divine quality that doesn't change yet is the cause of all change, they even ascribe a personality to it

>Why is learning about Metaphysics relativistic though?
thats not what i said. i said it focuses too much on this and not enough on the important issues. What use does it have to know exactly how many realms/dimensions there are with how many spirits with how many different kinds of them etc. when you dont even know which food can be eaten without threat. When you dont have any moral and social laws that uphold stability, health and happiness among your people?

The relativstic part comes from the polytheism. Any deity is as legit as the other, as is the worship of them, no matter how different they may are.
Good and evil, on an objective level, things to do and not do, can only exist if we are created with meaning and purpose in mind from which the things to do and not do stem from. As such only if the world and we in it are created by a concious and caring creator with a purpose in mind it is that morality on an objective level can exist. Afaik the hindu Brahma on the other hand is merely the some of all things.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. You simply cannot remove yoga from vedic religions (especially hinduism) We are not saying that you should not practice yoga but I disagree with the notion of yeshua or christian yoga

You'd be surprised to know about their practices (sexual, drinking of fluids, realization of the inner divine nature, et al).

Shinto isn't Buddhism, buddy

There are literally so many shinto and buddhist schools which incorporate elements from eachother. Shugendo is a really big one

depends on who you ask, about which time we speak, which specific branch etc. but most of the time they are at least linked by culture if nothing else

Isn't this against christ ( Since creation is considered seperate from the creator, sex before marriage etc)