How we vote in Oz

Hi Any Forums. Rather than start a shitfight over shit, I thought you might like a little civics lesson. Australia has a federal election tomorrow
In Australia we use preferential voting.
On our voting paper for our local representative, the candidates are shown top to bottom, in a previously random selected order. Typically there are between five and ten names.
Your job as voter is to number every box in order. Your first most preferred candidate gets a number 1 in the box next to their name your second choice gets a 2, and so on.
When counting begins, the votes are first tallied and piled according to the 1 votes. The candidate with the least number of these first preferences is now no hope of winning, and now has their votes redistributed according to the voters' number 2 preference, with full strength assigned to the votes as they are redistributed. The system continues until only 2 candidates remain. This is called the two party preferred vote/distribution. The candidate with the most vote papers in their pile is now the winner. Unlike a first past the post system, a candidate that is both well liked and strongly hated may not win unless they get over 50 percent outright on the first preference. Often a broadly acceptable candidate can win.

Attached: DSC08406-Medium-Medium.jpg (768x1152, 162.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SJZrw7PhWds
aec.gov.au/election/candidates-ballots.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's a man.

#1 Pauline
#2 Bob
#3 Clive
Fuck off

To illustrate how this would work, imagine a situation with four candidates. Let's call them by their political leanings
Quite Right, Very Right, Extreme Left, and Local Churchgoer.
Let's say there are 100 voters in total. On first preferences EL gets 40 votes, VR gets 26 votes, QR gets 24 votes, and LC gets 10 votes.
Now LC has their votes allocated on the second preference. Let's say after this the votes are-
EL 42, QR 30, and VR 28.
Now all of the next preferences from VR's pile are allocated. These will be VR's second preferences and LC's third preferences from that pile. Because Very Right and Quiet Right share similar politics, QR is favoured in the distribution. One of VR's second preferences is for LC, and is put in a pile for exhausted ballots, because LC is already eliminated.
The final distribution is-
QR 52
EL 47
Exhausted 1
QR is declared.the winner.

Although this system is complicated, it is generally well liked here in Australia.

Attached: images (52).jpg (479x640, 30.9K)

Eclectic, but Bob Brown's retired.

Clive below even the Greens because of his stupid, obnoxious ads everywhere.

>Makes Federal ICAC
>Coalition dissolves
Problem Libs?

Attached: file.png (445x668, 322.95K)

How incredibly racist. Requiring people to know how to count to vote is clearly white supremacy. You roo fuckers need to check your privilege. China can't nuke you soon enough.

She's quite gross.

youtube.com/watch?v=SJZrw7PhWds

Attached: file.png (970x789, 366.2K)

Navel piercings bring any woman down at least two or three notches.

glaring slav features. many such cases. eternally mongoloid. sad.

>in australia we vote blah blah blah
In australia we turn in our guns when we're told. We take our vaxx when we're told. We stay in our houses when we're told. Ftfy.

See what you prefer to see.

Better than fptp that we have
Also is voting mandatory for you guys

Sorry for your disappointment.

You'll be first

>that eyeshadow gooped on like glue
she'll literally diarhea on your soul

Seems to be a fit woman. I'd hit on her

I wish we were big and brave Americans.

post ballots aec.gov.au/election/candidates-ballots.htm

Attached: file.png (541x757, 97.47K)

That's ok, I accept your apology.

1. Labor
2. Independents
3. Liberals
4. UAP
5. One Nation
6. Greens

join your union cunts

Who cares

I can't listen to his voice its too feminine and nasally

Desperate watermelons detected.

Yeah, I'd prefer to see a woman. Post one next time.

Who is this hatchet-faced bogan queen

Even Murdoch's Skynews predicting 55/45

Attached: lol.png (1280x720, 837.66K)

fuck off, there's no green in my voting plans

Attached: vote plan.jpg (558x545, 37.15K)

So cringey, it's cute you think there's a real difference between the ALP and the LNP.

Son they all have economist's that went to the same universities, they all studied neoliberal economics and they all keep the ship going with immigration like the rest of the west.

I envy your enthusiasm but please make the correct choice at the booth and leave the majors off the list, put independents, LDP, UAP.. anyone above them. Do something useful with your life other than watch friendly jordies

Absolutely based

Wow, and I thought our system was fucking retarded.
This is like arranging a volleyball tournament or something.

Attached: keks.png (456x489, 298.96K)

Ooof the room temperature IQ on this guy putting ALP first.you have no idea how preferences work and how votes are allocated. Nothing flows down tomorrow.

Put ALP last and give those minor parties a shit, when they get wiped in your electorate, then they go to ALP

I'm a member of the Labor Party, goofball. Of course I would vote for them.

Fucking retards are to thick on the ground here, there is no hope.