Uhh... Alberta bros? Can we vote Maverick now?

>Premier Jason Kenney has announced that he will be not be staying on as United Conservative Party (UCP) leader after he received 51.4 per cent of votes in the party’s leadership review. He is also stepping down as premier.
>UCP members voted with mail-in ballots between Apr. 9 and May 11 as part of a special general meeting. Members were asked “Do you approve of the current leader?”, with members given the option to answer yes or no.
>Of 34,298 votes cast, 17,638 voted yes and 16,630 voted no, party officials announced Wednesday.
>Immediately following the release of the results, Kenney addressed party members live in Calgary.
>“The result is not what I hoped for or frankly what I expected, but I have been clear from Day 1 that I will respect the decision of the members in this leadership review and I expect all members of our party to do just that,” said Kenney.
>“Friends, while 51 per cent of the vote passes the constitutional threshold of a majority, it clearly is not adequate support to continue on as leader. That is why tonight I have informed the president of the party of my intention to step down as leader of the United Conservative Party.

townandcountrytoday.com/local-news/jason-kenney-stepping-down-as-ucp-leader-and-premier-5385277

Attached: 20220518_224805.png (822x988, 523.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/politics/jason-kenney-united-conservative-party-leadership-1.4817647
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does this mean he's going to go back to his job is Randy on Trailer Park Boys? Asking for some friends.

Attached: 20220518_215910.gif (200x150, 110.39K)

why the fuck would he step down when he won?

My guess is that he doesn't like being in a rock and a hard place. The left/ NDP hates him for typical political tribal reasons. And the right doesn't like him so much now for implementing covid restrictions.

Attached: file.jpg (800x800, 29.18K)

>Premier Jason Kenney has announced that he will be not be staying on as United Conservative Party (UCP) leader after he received 51.4 per cent of votes in the party’s leadership review. He is also stepping down as premier.

>UCP members voted with mail-in ballots between Apr. 9 and May 11 as part of a special general meeting. Members were asked “Do you approve of the current leader?”, with members given the option to answer yes or no.

>Of 34,298 votes cast, 17,638 voted yes and 16,630 voted no, party officials announced Wednesday.

>Immediately following the release of the results, Kenney addressed party members live in Calgary.

>“The result is not what I hoped for or frankly what I expected, but I have been clear from Day 1 that I will respect the decision of the members in this leadership review and I expect all members of our party to do just that,” said Kenney.

>“Friends, while 51 per cent of the vote passes the constitutional threshold of a majority, it clearly is not adequate support to continue on as leader. That is why tonight I have informed the president of the party of my intention to step down as leader of the United Conservative Party.

>“I’m looking forward to continuing to serve the people of Alberta.”

cbc.ca/news/politics/jason-kenney-united-conservative-party-leadership-1.4817647

The west will exit, He wanted to larp as the mafia Live by the sword.

This is 100% because he caved to WHO/Fauci/WEF insanity and intermittently locked down/masked up Albertans. NDP leftoids like to point out that our measures were some of the least restrictive of the country. That doesn't matter. What matters is these measures were un-scientific and they damaged society on multiple levels. Florida and other places followed a freedom policy and the pulled through no problem. No reason Alberta couldn't do the same.

Why the FUCK would you stay with power with 51% of the vote from your own party? Are you retarded? This wasn't two opposing teams voting. Not to mention look at the tiny turnout. That shows that people are real upset and that change needs to happen or the party will cease to exist if it hasn't already gone beyond that point.

The vote was rigged and irrelevant

Stop breathing.
All democratic processes are rigged. If you don't understand this you are retarded and below the IQ threshold to deserve to exist in any system other than a democracy.

It matters who rigged it, you fucking nigger

Attached: 20210821_134821.jpg (4032x1860, 2.19M)

Go ahead then, explain your point in full.

You are retarded and below the IQ threshold to deserve to exist in any system other than a democracy.

Just another idiot pretender. You never had a point to begin with. Enjoy your mudslinging.

too bad. I liked him

This is retarded, but at least if AB were to join the US, it wouldn't be landlocked

He was a cuck from the start.

He is a cuck.

>I have been clear from Day 1 that I will respect the decision of the members in this leadership review and I expect all members of our party to do just that

That's it, he is done. He has no intention of winning a majority and is not going to try.

It's over.

I thought he was going to stay in office and run again in the next election.