Goldman Sachs Buys Entire Suburb

The powers that be want you to believe it's fake news, but here we see Goldman just bought up an entire community.

What are the political fallout of this long term? More homelessness?

nypost.com/2022/05/11/goldman-sachs-backed-firms-buy-entire-florida-community-for-45m/

Attached: GoldmanScreenshot 2022-05-18 114611.jpg (773x879, 146.37K)

should have bought a house lmao loser
instead of spending your money on avocado toast and pop figurines :)

These articles are psy ops and you're a nigger for not archiving links.

funny that it's in florida. do they think that's going to be the last haven of humanity?

this should be illegal

I paid off my mortgage 6 years ago. Just thinking about others here.

They are targeting areas that are growing in popularity. Florida, Texas, Tennessee. The South IOW.

It's rich people from all over the world trying to secure their wealth.

this still doesn't create additional long-term demand. if anything, it fuels a bubble that's been growing for multiple decades and is bound to pop.

>falls for headline
>thinks REITs are a new phenomenon
>doesn't look into fundrise
>doesn't understand the difference between credit and equity financing

every time.

Corporations will then lobby the govt. to subsidize rents for "underserved" populations

Just wait until people realize that even though prices have 2-3x over the past couple years, building materials are still VERY cheap (relatively).

Builders these days are quoting $200-$400 a square foot for a basic house.

I built an 1,800 2-story block house right after the last recession. Owner-builder. Spent less than $50k all-in. Took me several years because I did everything except plumbing, electric and shingles on my own with rented equipment. As of this point, after all the inspections and being treated like a second-class citizen for self-building, my house is now treated like any other house. I have no problems insuring it. If I sell it, I'll clear 9x my original investment.

If I had a small crew and the license I would flood the market with reasonably priced homes simply by under-cutting everyone else and playing pure volume.

Florida’s bubble is arguably the worst and will continue to inflate until all the boomers die off in 5-10 years. Boomers are something like 25% of Florida’s population and 80% of their homeowners so the housing crash in Florida could actually be something like a 60-90% decline in value. It is going to be insane

yeah people also somehow don't realize that a fucked supply chain and tight labor market may have contributed to higher existing home prices because you couldn't just build for much cheaper. that's going to change too.

REITs were limited to commercial properties, once upon a time.

GS is based, they are funding japan.

Ok REIT shenanigans aside, why is Florida so fucking ugly? Even by cookie-cutter suburbs standards this is really bad. Did they never figure out how to build a two-story home down there? Have they never heard of trees? ffs

The pigs are in the market.
Half the money came from go fund me like venture. Once they try to get the common guy in you know it’s about to be a slaughterhouse

Eternal serfdom for gentiles more like.

Keep in mind they don’t have basements either because the entire state sits like 5 feet above sea level

Bump

They're all doing this

Gross. Usurers preventing working class from affording homes has to be the most disgusting thing ever.