I'm looking at buying 17 acres of rural land, with a house and out buildings for just under 400k...

I'm looking at buying 17 acres of rural land, with a house and out buildings for just under 400k. My drive will increase from 12 minutes to around 40 minutes to work. There is a fresh flowing stream on property. The house extremely ugly, like right out of the 70s and needs work. There is so much space. What do I do?

Attached: Red-Barn.jpg (2000x1333, 387.6K)

Buy it, fix it, plant big garden, get some chickens, knock her up, raise kids, live happily ever after.

Attached: 2thumbs.jpg (1079x996, 507.89K)

Offer 350k to see if they'll move

We have 1 kid already. Need more space for the next

go for it. the homestead life is awesome, and trad women actually love it. to look around at the acreage that you cultivated, living in a house that you built, is very gratifying.

Wait 6 months and offer $290k. Trust me. I’m in a rural area. I’ve been looking at houses since the lockdowns and I’m starting to see massive reductions. Saw a house go from 550 to 350 recently. Good luck.

recently bought 25 acres with a field, woods, and pond. it's a LOT to keep up with and my house came 100% renovated. do you have capital for tools? loader/tractor, riding mower, truck... gonna need all of that shit and then some. i'm not saying don't do it, but a fella could get themselves in over their heads pretty quick.

We make around 130k annual, but this is fairly recent. About 70k equity in the current house. What would you say is the number most important tool for year 1? Riding mower?

GO FOR IT

you are probably going to hate maintaining all that shit

do it. best move you could make. yeah things might get ahead of you for a while but don't worry. check the house for shit like lead paint though and bargain the price down a bit.

Luckily about 10 of the acres are wooded land, so that's pretty minimal. I do hate mowing, but I've never had a nice riding mower. Just the old push behind type.

im not trying to blackpill

I'm actually looking to move from Texas to Pennsylvania. Just signed paperwork yesterday to put my house on the market.

I'm looking to move west of Harrisburg, can anyone recommend any area like counties?

I'm originally from Maryland but moved to Texas 17 years ago, don't want to move back to MD so PA looks good.

Any Advice?

Hahaha Keep your wagie job and keep 17 acres in shape hahahhahahaha

>Riding mower?
funnily enough that the first larger item we got the first year we moved out here. would be pretty screwed without it since there's a couple acres of lawn to keep back. also allowed us to open up more space for garden beds and paths for the kids to run around the property on without going in the bush all the time. Plus, its a nice way to spend a saturday evening while mildly drunk.

Don't wait 6 months. Make that offer now.
I'm a real estate broker and this user is a fucking moron.

That and a snowplow.

if you plan to work the land/be as self sufficient as possible, definitely a tractor with a front loader & backhoe. i simply wouldn't make it without mine. also a truck - you'll be hauling shit all the time. depending on the lawn, you can skip a riding mower or get a tractor that takes a belly mower, but those are inevitably pussy tractors.
your finances seem a little tight, but definitely doable with discipline.

whats the climate for the area?

what state? i need to do this too but cant pick a state

It's in the Minnesota north Dakota area. So either really cold or really hot.

why are you leaving texas? isnt it cheaper there?

Found the jew. Congratulations on creating nothing of value for a living.

Low ball them initially, but ultimately buy it for what you can afford. Then never let that land go. Live in the shitty house while you build your own
Get some livestock
Plant shit.
Find a girl.
Raise some kids and home school them if you can.
Live out your days in peace.

He's creating income for his family. That's value in my book.