Self-Improvement

Why am I more depressed after 10 years of self-improving, making it in every way possible? money, fitness, socially, etc.

I remember being much more happier in the 2000s just play WoW all day as a NEET

Attached: 923590329009325.jpg (976x850, 57.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HlEREweogWE?t=184
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because NEETs don't have any responsibilities and can do whatever they want.

Your childhood is gone, time to move on loser.

youtu.be/HlEREweogWE?t=184

Fake and gay post or just gay. If you can't understand happiness while sustaining yourself above poverty then try poverty. Try homelessness. I'm sure you'll be very happy.

Because your worry about the future. Live in the present and enjoy the moment like you did back then

because you listen to everyone elses idea of happiness and 'self-improving', essentially you're living other people's lives.

It's almost as if the religious cucks were onto something.

The answer is that you have to let go.
You will decay.
You will die.
This is a fact.

Obviously keeping your life together will slow the decay. But that's all you're doing...
Sure working out and a better paying job gives you better toys and better pussy....
Your toys will decay and die
Your pussy will decay and die

Think about what your end goal actually is and realize it's utterly pointless and usually paradoxical.

Just let it go.

Now obviously that's better said then done. But now is always a good time to start your spiritual journey and learnhow to live in the present.

Why was being a kid so good?
Children live in the present.
You're always in awe in what you're doing or learning
You're always anticipating the new thing to happen.
When you're an adult, things get repeative and your dissociate from the present moments. New things don't matter anymore.

You let your life sail on by as you strive for some thing you dont even know what it is.
Sad

because you spend more time around other people who suck. When you're alone playing mmos life is more controllable and predictable.

people suck

This makes sense, back when I was a shut-in WoW playing NEET all I did was enjoy the moment. Now im constantly grinding for the future.

>I remember being much more happier
You always remember things as happier than they were and look back at them nostalgically. No matter what. If you turn into a fat blob you will reminisce about now.

This site. Shut it down. If you believe there are good books that improve your outlook and character than you have to believe there is poisonous material out there. Seeing bad shit everyday is bad for your psyche.

also anger and resentment can be a good motivator but it will never satisfy. if you do self improvement just so you can feel superior to others you will never find peace.

Could it maybe be because govts are trying to kill us all? Kinda puts a damper on things. But that's just me.

Attached: evil.png (307x223, 88.5K)

improve yourself so that you can serve others.

Because happiness comes by your own will. Maybe if you meditated you’d be a happier person, like the Buddhist monks.

this desu

when you work out and eat right what is it for? to like what you see in the mirror? To live longer? To attract others? Why do you want the money? What are you making it for? Why do you want a friend? A wife? What are you going to do with it? Why? What are you building?

I improved myself somewhat, Im not fat, did 4 years military, earned my bachelors and I still live with my mom on a 6 month job search atm
I haven't completely neglected fitness, I jog a few times a week and do light exercise but I felt doing all this stuff would eventually land me a job which would let me move on but I basically job search until 7pm and play wow as an alcoholic until around 3am every night which is also the most fun I have just doing random bgs with buds
I imagined my life as becoming better and idk what to do to get there until I land a job

Because WoW gave you the right amount of dopamine per X hours to keep logging on. Your boss, does not.

You're just getting older and becoming conscious of it. Trust me, you'd be even more depressed right now if you had remained a NEET.

>why am I, a highly social mammal, still depressed after ten years of not raising a family

Woah dude I have no idea.

Attached: 1651963405126.jpg (940x770, 68.2K)

Because you have been stripped of your youth. Nothing you accomplished will validate your existence.

Cant be that, my brother has his own kids, my sister has her own kids, I find their kids annoying and tiring.

It’s just Austr*lian effect.

cause you post in shithole known as Any Forums.

run as fast as you can

Attached: 334526579069.jpg (1050x700, 216.94K)

>were onto something
No. Were completely wrong.

This will happen if you neglect spiritual development and only improve the material.

Attached: RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg (220x384, 35.8K)

Humans have an innate difficulty trying to live for themselves. You have to live for others and for greater ideals. Do you have any kids, user?

Life is a punishment.

"Living in the present" is a big reason why the West is in the situation it's in.