Any Forums's problem

Listen here fags, I'm going to end this discussion to fucking end these retarded post once and for all.
First thing, FUCK PEMDAS, the order in which you calculate DOES NOT MATTER, just don't do retarded shit like multiplying denominators with numerators.

I'll now proceed to calculate the equation in different ways:

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 6 ÷ 2 (3) = 18 ÷ 2 = 9

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 6 ÷ 2 (3) = 3 (3) = 9

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = (6 + 12) ÷ 2 = 18 ÷ 2 = 9

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = (6 + 12) ÷ 2 = 3 + 6 = 9

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 3 (1 + 2) = 3 + 6 = 9

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 3 (1 + 2) = 3 (3) = 9 etc....

Now you might ask "but user you multiplied the 3 with the 6 instead of the 2 on your first calculation, why?"
Because you DO NOT MULTIPLY NUMERATORS WITH DENOMINATORS. When you have the ÷ sign, the number that comes before it (the one being divided) is the numerator and the number that comes after is the denominator.
In this case, 6 is the numerator while 2 is the denominator. Any number outside the division is a numerator because they are effectively always being divided by 1, i.e.:

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) ÷ 1

or

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 6 ÷ 2 (3) = 6 ÷ 2 (3) ÷ 1

In the first division we have numerator = 6 and denominator = 2, while in the second one we have numerator = (1 + 2) and denominator = 1 or if you calculate the parenthesis first we have numerator = 3 and denominator = 1
Multiplying numerator with numerator and denominator with denominator we get:

6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) ÷ 1 = (6 + 12) ÷ 2 = 18 ÷ 2 = 9

or

6 ÷ 2 (3) ÷ 1 = 18 ÷ 2 = 9

Attached: 16527701833256.jpg (250x107, 6.2K)

You might yet ask " but user the denominator is 2 (1 + 2) not just 2". NO YOU BRAIN ADDLED MORON, If there is a number IMMEDIATELY after the ÷ sign then only that number is part of the denominator, but if there a parenthesis IMMEDIATELY after the ÷ sign then everythin inside that parenthesis becomes part of the denominator.
So for 2 (1 + 2) to be the denominator we would have to write the equation as:

6 ÷ (2 (1 + 2))

In this equation 2 (1 + 2) is the denominator of the division because, I'll say it again, THERE'S A PARENTHESIS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ÷ SIGN.
I don't know if you noticed this but the ÷ sign is literaly an empty fraction, with dots on where the numbers should go.

fuck off lady

The answer is 1 dipshit

eat shit and die mutt

It's not a discussion. Everyone knows this is bad syntax. The equation is written poorly on purpose. Dumb thread is dumb.

Whiter than you Paulo

READ Holy shit I hate mutts so much it's unreal

thats what i thought too
i didnt understand why he'd multiply the values without it being implicit
6/2*(1+2) is what he did but it has no value without multiplying - it could be 6/23 without
it could be 6/6
its some kind of fuckery psyop

Already did. all it showed me was you're too retarded to see why this equation is bait for idiots like you.

Keep dreaming

Attached: luzextinguindo.jpg (184x184, 3.05K)

ok retard, everyone knows its 9 lol...

I don't care if it's bait, the fact that Any Forums can't do middle school math and think they are smarter than the common pleb is embarrassing

9. Anything else and you're either a retard or American.

Or a bong apparently.
Like father like son.

>he doesn't know the difference between a fraction and a ratio

(3)?
>(3)?
>PEMDAS
>(3)?
Are you fucking subhuman? Jesus Christ. That's not how brackets work, 2(1+2) isn't 2 x 3 you fucking absolute nigger, holy shit. You skipped over the P. This is how the operation actually works when expanded, you multiply all terms inside the parentheses, not remove the brackets and then inject an operator:
>a(b + c) = ab + ac
>2(1+2) = 2*1 + 2*2
If you answer anything other than 1, just kill yourself.

Holy fucking shit, NA is completely lost, they even lost the ability to read their own language.

Cope harder

>6 ÷ 2 (1 + 2) = 6 ÷ 2 (3) = 18 � 2 = 9

This is how it's done.

Division and miltiplication have the exact same priority, therefore, when an equation is set up like in OPs example the rule is to just go straight left to right. Even a Hue would get this right.

>its some kind of fuckery psyop
You can't understand basic math even after it being meticulously explained... MUST BE A PSYOP

yeah it's 1
order of operation niggerinos
6/2(1+2) -> 6/2(3) -> 6/6 = 1

>just go straight left to right
You can even go from right to left and get the same result, as long as you don't do invalid things like multiplying numerators with denominators.

------
2*(1+2)