True Christianity Summarized

I am a Christian from Northern Iraq, my family still speaks the ancient dialect of Aramaic. In a few generations our culture may not exist. This is what I believe:

1. Man is the son of an infinite source: a son of that Father not by the flesh but by the spirit.

2. Therefore man should serve that source in spirit.

3. The life of all men has a divine origin. It alone is holy.

4. Therefore man should serve that source in the life of all men. Such is the will of the Father.

5. The service of the will of that Father of life gives life.

6. Therefore the gratification of one's own will is not necessary for life.

7. Temporal life is food for the true life.

8. Therefore the true life is independent of time: it is in the present.

9. Time is an illusion of life; life in the past and in the future conceals from men the true life of the present.

10. Therefore man should strive to destroy the illusion of the temporal life of the past and future.

11. True life is life in the present, common to all men and manifesting itself in love.

12. Therefore, he who lives by love in the present, through the common life of all men, unites with the Father, the source and foundation of life.

Attached: 69559067_2176309522667895_8581715746877341696_n.jpg (517x640, 105.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_of_Nineveh
syri.ac/brock/isaac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: csm_Havreholm_Kristendom_076168bfa1_7cc4115396.jpg (411x514, 19.01K)

thanks but I'm retarded, are you saying I should stop worrying and just live in the moment and spread love?

Man comes from a divine origin and since that origin gave us life, we should serve it

Serving what gave us life will bring true life

True life exists independent of time

Modern / Western Christianity are only Christian in name not in practice

True Christianity teaches about the philosophy of Jesus and inspired others to aim for the true life

Jesus taught the true life and was killed by the true life

God bless you user. Are you Nestorian? Church of the East? How do you get along with the Shia there?

Fortunately I was born in America, as were my parents but all my grandparents were born in northern iraq. by faith im actually catholic but eastern right.

i dont like catholicism because the message is not what jesus preached. jesus was a teacher whose mind reached the highest light one could reach.

i believe others should follow in his footsteps and philosophy and truly understand what the true message of christianity is

>I am a Christian from Northern Iraq, my family still speaks the ancient dialect of Aramaic. In a few generations our culture may not exist. This is what I believe:

>1. Man is the son of an infinite source: a son of that Father not by the flesh but by the spirit.

>2. Therefore man should serve that source in spirit.

>3. The life of all men has a divine origin. It alone is holy.

>4. Therefore man should serve that source in the life of all men. Such is the will of the Father.

>5. The service of the will of that Father of life gives life.

>6. Therefore the gratification of one's own will is not necessary for life.

>7. Temporal life is food for the true life.

>8. Therefore the true life is independent of time: it is in the present.

>9. Time is an illusion of life; life in the past and in the future conceals from men the true life of the present.

>10. Therefore man should strive to destroy the illusion of the temporal life of the past and future.

>11. True life is life in the present, common to all men and manifesting itself in love.

>12. Therefore, he who lives by love in the present, through the common life of all men, unites with the Father, the source and foundation of life.

>13. He who unites with the Father unites with the Son.

>14. Therefore he who unites with the Son unites with the Father.

>15. Therefore he who unites with the Son unites with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

there is only the eternal moment. Past and future are illusions, memory itself is the illusion of past created via our current position and perspective in the eternal moment, like being at a particular frame in a chose your own adventure film and thinking the frames before were over and done, when they are just as real and present to anyone watching them as the one you are watching is to you..
Every moment you spend in loving, truthful existence is a moment you spend mirroring, god, that is, embodying god and what he would potentially do in your place in your perspective, ie.
Every moment you spend in untruth and fear, and everything that stems from that, you are walking a path god would not walk, so those moments you are apart from him, but he is literally an instant choice to rejoin the loving truthful path away.
or something like that.
That's my interpretation, is that consistant with your beliefs OP?

>7. Temporal life is food for the true life.
This is what it means to burn up in biblical fire. The temporal (hellish) life is just fuel for Gods wrathful fire unless it manifests as a light source which is the son (Jesus). This is what it means to be reborn.

The Lord's Prayer is nothing but a very concise expression of the whole teaching of Jesus in the very order. Each phrase of the prayer corresponds to the meaning and sequence of the gospel:

1. Our Father
>Man is a son of God

2. Which art in Heaven
>God is the infinite spiritual source of life.

3. Hallowed be Thy Name
>May this source of life be held holy

4. Thy Kingdom come
>May his power be realized in all men

5. Thy will be done, as in heaven
>May the will of this infinite source be fulfilled as it is in himself

6. So on earth
>so also in the bodily life.

7. Give us our daily bread
>Temporal life is the food of the true life.

8. Each day
>True life is in the present.

9. And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors
>And let not the mistakes and errors of the past hide that true life from us.

10. And lead us not into temptation
>And may they not lead us into delusion

11. But deliver us from evil
>And so there shall be no evil.

12. For thine is the kingdom the power, and the glory
>And may thy power, and strength, and wisdom, prevail.

So...Orthodox or heretical?
I'm a heretic myself.
5 gallon bucket
Shady tree
KJV

>Time is an illusion of life
>illusion of the temporal life
This implies that life itself and the living thing are one and the same.
>True life is life in the present
If the above holds (that time is an illusion) the term present does not point to a specific time. It points to the totality of time.
Now this needs more explanation on how the equality between life and the living is produced. Because as I see it the living has to be brought to life, which implies causality, which in turn needs a degree of freedom to define the ordering of the cause and effect, and time is such a degree.
Nonetheless, kino post. I'd appreciate if you could point to eastern christian scholars that have work translated in english.
Keep your faith alive.
Love God.
Love Man for he is the son of God.

>there is only the eternal moment. Past and future are illusions, memory itself is the illusion of past created via our current position and perspective in the eternal moment, like being at a particular frame in a chose your own adventure film and thinking the frames before were over and done, when they are just as real and present to anyone watching them as the one you are watching is to you..

You are correct, but you are missing the point. The past and future are illusions. What we call "the past" is the past to us. To an ancient person, the past was different.

>Every moment you spend in loving, truthful existence is a moment you spend mirroring, god, that is, embodying god and what he would potentially do in your place in your perspective, ie.

Yes, but the idea of god is a western idea. We have no idea what god is. What we call "god" is not the same as the ancient concept of god.

>Every moment you spend in untruth and fear, and everything that stems from that, you are walking a path god would not walk, so those moments you are apart from him, but he is literally an instant choice to rejoin the loving truthful path away.

>Or something like that.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

>That's my interpretation, is that consistant with your beliefs OP?

No, because it is not what Jesus taught.

Thank you brother, I recommend the works of Isaac of Ninevah

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_of_Nineveh
syri.ac/brock/isaac

If you want something more modern and easier to digest I recommend Tolstoys 'The Gospel in Brief' 'A confession' 'The kingdom of God is within you' 'What is to be done?'

Tolstoy was based

So there used to be this based orthodox priest on youtube, pic somewhat related but he was way skinnier. Can't find him anymore, probably banned. Does he still have a presence? What was his name?

Attached: 18f9c564ab03655413f5d4bca968a7b6.jpg (426x640, 36.65K)

Nothing scares the powers that be more than the waters parting yet again. The dry passage is an analogy for stepping into realisation of eternity.

Moses really pissed off the pharaohs with spreading such heresy, it seems that its about to happen again

Attached: bigmo.jpg (1400x795, 288.48K)

Brother Nathaniel

Interesting.

About three years ago I died. When I died I went to hell and it was all flames. it was horrible but i think the flames maybe purify you so you can be reconnected to the (holy) source where our souls come from

all i know is that our creator saved me from the flames and im grateful, when I was younger (middle school, highschool and parts of college) I had a hard time believing in a creator but after what I experienced its very difficult to to deny Gods existance

That looks a lot as a templar cross. Cool loocking one. Islam was a shame. Its still.
Interesting what you post. Do your people have a Bible in aramaic?

omg yes thank you burgerbro

What do you mean that you "died"? Were you like with your heart stopped etc for some time?
I believe too since i saw a sign, not before. I thibk its normal to have doubts before seeing a sign. Later on thinhgs suddenly makes more sense,even if still there is a lot to chase,of knowledge i mean

Jesus isn't a teacher, he is a king. Stop calling him rabbi like the kikes do to mock him. Based family for keeping the faith for millenia. May God bless them