Sweden's joining NATO

It's official, Sweden will apply for NATO membership.

I made this thread just as an "I told you so" to the vatnik I was arguing with here a few days ago that kept claiming "nu-uh Sweden will never ever join NATO not gonna happen Sweden has a long history of neutrality it is impossible etc"

Attached: neato.png (703x889, 487.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.ie/irish-news/russian-state-tv-airs-taoiseachs-demand-for-an-apology-for-simulated-nuclear-attack-on-ireland-41653329.html
independent.ie/world-news/europe/russian-state-tv-simulates-nuclear-attack-on-ireland-41607244.html
twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1526249464649883657
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Russians seething

Attached: Red Alert Zelinsky.png (1078x591, 726.25K)

Congratulations Putin, well done.

Impossible vatsisters, how could Russia ever be wrong about anything

Attached: gszq858fklz81.jpg (746x201, 26.99K)

Can't imagine anyone is shocked, but I sure look forward to Sweden being forced to man up a little and actually build some military. Also, it will be hilarous to actually be able to tell Russia to fuck off with some weight behind the words

4 decides which country will join NATO next

Yes, we big boys now.

HEY RUSSIA. FUCK YOU

chill, lets make some shady deals with Turkey so they won't veto us, before we go full psycho wojak on vatniks

Turkey already said they won't block us, read it earlier today

very interesting, source? If so, I don't really get why it should take several months for application to be approved by everyone

Worst you’ll have to do is ‘kiss the ring’ and call out the PKK, Erdogan wasn’t going to ever block you but he definitely wants something for it

I'm Irish and have contacted my local representatives and told them I will vote only for politicians that support joining NATO and again requested their support for the expulsion of all Russian diplomats and citizens that have not renounced their Russian citizenship

independent.ie/irish-news/russian-state-tv-airs-taoiseachs-demand-for-an-apology-for-simulated-nuclear-attack-on-ireland-41653329.html

independent.ie/world-news/europe/russian-state-tv-simulates-nuclear-attack-on-ireland-41607244.html

Russia (after an internal coup d'etat)

I hope its just that. Would be good for our social democrats to get a little scare. They are fucking retards when it comes to being politically correct little bitches.

Attached: neato2.png (703x573, 99.03K)

Taiwan

Ukraine, preferably before the war is over

They could hang every kurd from a lamp post for all I care

Fucking finally. I always loathed our so-called "neutrality", no more pussy-footing around trying to avoid picking a side.

Attached: Statue_of_Charles_XII_of_Sweden_at_Karl_XIIs_torg_Stockholm_Sweden.jpg (408x568, 204.8K)

If Sweden and Finland join and Turkey stops trying to gain something out of the situation it will unironically completely destroy the hopes that Russia has for the restoration of the Russian Empire.

>The northern part of NATO now has combined 200 modern fighters
>The north now has the combined missile assets of Norway, Sweden and Finland
>Any Russian warship in black sea will be sailing next to NATO countries the whole way to the atlantic
>If hypothetically the Russians tried doing something retarded like attacking the baltics they'd get hit by Poland, Sweden, Finland and Norway before any NATO soldiers even engaged the Russian ground forces

The baltic countries are pretty much orgasming right now.

The new golden horde

Good news, thanks user
to keep it semi-/k/, what kind of rifle do I need to fuck american army girls when our bases are built?

Swedish weapons is my guess.

Ukraine after the war.

The Free Russian Provisional Government

Attached: 1647934225743.jpg (640x443, 10.25K)

Kazakhstan

my big benis is erected on russian soil

t.swede

Japan

Who looks at Ukraine and says: that looks like fun, i want that for my people.

The same people who want Sweden dead. Thats who.

Somaliland

kek, reminds me of finlands flag

Israel

Just to be clear if Russia balkanizes and dissolves there's no fucking way Finland wants Karelia back. It's tainted now. Petsamo up in the north would be nice to reconnect Finland to the arctic sea and those nickel mines though.

If it was possible to get Karelia back without committing genocide on the gopniks that inhabit it then it might be worthwhile.

the free city of Konigsberg

Israel

Australia

Bosnia and Herzegovina. Just to fuck with S*rbs.

Mongolia

Ukraine

Attached: 1652654533293.jpg (4057x2310, 2.3M)

Japan

Democratic Republic of the Congo

Kalle dozen smiles on this day

Attached: 9364E-155327100415.jpg (575x677, 53.35K)

Ukraine

Belarus

Wtf, nobody got it

Cyprus

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg.png (1200x800, 35.82K)

China

son of a bitch

Switzerland

Fucking finally

nato expansion ending confirmed

Nigeria

Belarus, after Biden promises Luka that he will be able to keep his potato kingdom in peace and that he won't be trialed at Hague

Attached: 1633803315635.png (2560x1280, 1.54K)

Lmao

Attached: 1652539109097.jpg (828x627, 103.94K)

holy kek
mainland collapse when?

Listen kid if you’re gonna be in the big boys club with the Anglos and other Colonisers you’re gonna have to get your hands dirty, evict them all and send them on a long march into the Siberian wastes. That land is yours

Tibet

Attached: raugh.jpg (407x600, 33.51K)

Let turkey join f-35 again to make them shut up.

Yes, I'm sure Russia will ignore that the ink hasn't even dried on the agreements UK, Germany, France and the US has signed, and attack.
fucking vatniggers, go away

Which one?

Yes!

Mongolia

You can grab the land bridge the Moskals stole from you, Vyborg, access to Ladoga, etc. Saint Petersburg is definitely a lost cause baring complete expulsions/genocide though. At the very least those are some of the least retarded Russians in Russia.

We Swedes are loco

There is only one and it ain't communist

Attached: NATO!.png (1372x673, 522.53K)

my lord, imagine the vatnig seethe when they drop the retarded "must be near atlantic" restriction and half of the map turns yellow

>Cyprus
Impossible because they're still on conflict with Turkey. No country in conflict has ever joined NATO and obviously Turkey would veto it.
Not to mention a third of the Cypriot economy is fed by rubles.

Cypriots will be the next to be thrown under the bus, as long as Anglos get to keep their base their I doubt they’d care. Greekoids have been more of a problem over the years than it’s worth

Or simply rename the entire ocean 'The Atlantic'.

Just change NATO to the OFN from that one HOI mod and let's get this over with

Attached: 1644808325450.png (533x400, 152.56K)

Nah that one looks shit

Maybe if you showed more respect to neutrality and diplomatic treaties they wouldn't feel the need to do this.

There will be no permanent NATO bases no nukes in Sweden per Maggan

Nah, NATO flag looks way to cool and the name sounds better, just make another organisation (Alliance of Democracies?) to include all our other friends

Serbia.

Good idea and maybe keep turkey out of that one until they've couped the retard

ODN+F

Original Democratic Nations + Friends

Taiwan

That doesn't narrow it down.

Monke must be furious.

Are you implying Russia would've invaded if Ukraine WAS in NATO? Also, how did non-membership work out for Georgia and Chechnya?

>If it was possible to get Karelia back without committing genocide on the gopniks that inhabit it then it might be worthwhile.
It's a worthy cause.
If nothing else then just because of principle, the genocide will just be the cherry on top.
And just think of the tourism opportunities, where else can you hunt Russians for sport?

>Vatnigs seething
>Roaches screaming
>Sven is laughing
NATO numbah won Taiwan Numbah too China numbah One Hundred Ninety Four. Russia is 195

Attached: 1646026530387.jpg (565x720, 73.38K)

Ireland
Austria
Swiss
Liechtenstein

Lmao his fucking last name

Turkey won’t stop because what they are demanding is essentially a matter of national security for them.

Good news is that neither Finland or Sweden actually give a fuck about YPG and would probably be happy to drop them anyway. So everyone wins.

Fuck NATO and fuck all space demons

Ukraine

(You) just HAD to be a douchebag, didn't (You)?

The Free and Independant republic of Belgorod

Japan

benis alliance

Attached: perkele.jpg (1600x768, 222.18K)

Attached: Ebin plan.jpg (1280x985, 134.6K)

The government has made the formal decision to apply for membership in Nato, prime minister Magdalena Andersson (S) told press together with M-leader Ulf Kristerson.

Andersson sais the for conflict in our neighborhood is increased with Swedish membership, ant that the government has told Nato that one wants to become a member country.

-It is now clear that there is a broad consensus in the Swedish parliament for Sweden to join Nato, sais the prime minister.

She describes it as a historical shift. Ulf Kristerson sais that both S and M are in agreement that membership in Nato gives increased security. Russia will not like this, he sais. Both Finland and Sweden must be ready for disinformation, hate, and "hostile actions".

The government has also come to the decision to make a proposition that will make it possible for Sweden to accept military aid from all EU- and Nato countries.

You would have thought so but, their 'conditions' of no nukes or bases on their territories is troubling. As they are applying to join how is it they set the criteria? Finland wants to join and very welcome to them.They will be an asset to NATO but just what are the Swedes bringing, do we really need another half arsed member

Burger apu needs an AR

Gotland and sneaky subs in the Baltic sea for example

>but just what are the Swedes bringing
look at a map, i am sure you can figure it out

complete nato control over the loltic sea

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-16 085851.png (353x251, 22.91K)

Never understood Turkey's beef with Finland. Sweden I get why but why Finland
T.swede

No NATO bases doesn’t mean no NATO troops. You can still place NATO units in bases managed by Sweden and you can still house NATO aircraft on Swedish airfields.

>NATO drops the "Atlantic" description
>The whole world turns yellow other than Russia and its stans, the whole Middle East other than Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Iraq, most of Africa, and all of Latin America/South America other than Mexico and Brazil
It would be so beautiful

Why the semantics, NATO assets under their control? they are either in or out. and no nukes? wtf? They are plainly very halfhearted about joining so why do so? If they are happier not to join fine. But why should NATO be dictated to?

Brazil should join NATO. The only time things have been good in Brazil in its history was on the rare occasion it managed to be on the winning team by sheer luck. Also Brazil has a small sliver of Atlantic coast north of the equator. Should apply now.

Faggot

>nd no nukes? wtf?
how many NATO countries do you think have nukes stationed on their soil?

>world-class tech
>great strategic positions
>well-trained albeit not very many troops
gee I wonder what they are bringing. Also, no nukes are the deal for Norway and Denmark as well. No one has said anything about no bases.

Attached: pepe-thinking.jpg (200x200, 8.53K)

Serbia

People on the internet love to shit on us for our many retarded policies, but they tend to not know that the rest of the nordics(including """based""" finns) are extremely similar to us. Nations on the other hand can't let memes dictate their foreign policies.

What's it like in a sauna? I always wanted to go in one.

It's not the fact that NATO members have nukes stationed on them or not. but Sweden's 'condition' that they are NOT to be on their soil, that is a main factor of concern.

Yeah, the only reason we (Finland) have less immigrants is just because we're a bit less wealthy. Doesn't mean we're any less "cucked" as some would say.
Also most people here are basically voluntary slaves to the government, so there is that too.

That's it boys, the numbers have decided. No more countries get in.

Wet, hot and relaxing. That picture is peak comfy, I think all problems could just be resolved if we all got in a real woodpowered sauna and talked things through.

Check again about bases. Finland is all NATO needs as an addition to the present situation in the area. NATO can do without the half hardheartedness of another member. Never understood the leaning over backwards to cater for Norway or Denmark's terms. Just because some get an exemption does not mean it is mandatory to allow this stupidity again.
Don't join NATO but by all means have (as exists) defense agreements with others

Afghanistan

>being this salty
I smell a vatnik

Dagestan

It would be dumb as hell to allow nukes and honestly I doubt that the nuclear powers wants to place nukes in sweden/Finland for geopolitical reasons

>
>>being this salty
>I smell a vatnik
And I smell someone with low cognitive ability. Unable to discus their position adequately

Isn't one of the Stans trying to get away from Russia at the moment

The Vatican

ROC

Attached: 1545726233171.jpg (600x450, 84.46K)

You cannot have a position that you hide behind and use an organisation that uses nukes as the ultimate deterrent. But because you dislike the idea of nukes you wont have it in your territory, That is hypocritical and disingenuous. If a situation arose that need nukes to be stationed around the Baltics why should NATO's options be limited by one of its members?

new finnish beer just dropped

Attached: otan.jpg (740x1280, 151.04K)

super nice. It's a bit like being out while it's really hot but the air is pretty humid.

Goddamn when can we get this in marketti

>no permanent bases
god damn it, even when they are doing things right they just have to ruin it in some way

idk I'm trying to shill on ylis to get people to request this, i think k-market and s-ryhmä have channels you can use to request products

Attached: 1526156713682.jpg (400x400, 32.42K)

Criminally based.

>The baltic countries are pretty much orgasming right now.
Toomas Hendrik Ilves is just bitching about Finland.

who?

I wish someone in the Finnish government would say that. Maybe with Sweden setting the precedent that will happen. I want in NATO to spite Russia, not host foreign bases and nukes.

No, fuck that.

Attached: gdi.jpg (225x225, 6.26K)

vietnam fucking shit

every day I wonder what happened to those dumb fucks with the ussr flag

Former president of Estonia. He is extremely salty about how social democrats in Finland made fun of his "fearmongering" for two decades.

fuuu why did Denmark and Finland get the cute mommy prime ministers, while we're stuck with Maggan?

Attached: 05faf4cc-c88e-4f53-9555-dabc789f03a1[1].jpg (1900x1267, 143.42K)

Government doesn't want to make any unnecessary demands. There's is no need for bases and the nukes being here is debatable. Where should we even store them?

Tank nlawed, crew rotting in a ditch most likely

Attached: MarichkaCheckem.png (1024x1024, 312.44K)

they all have dead eyes, really don't get the attraction

NATObros... We got too cocky

Location, Air Force and subs. Other than that glowies are probably happy for direct access to Swedish sigint and sensor network. Then again, FRA is probably already passing on most so it seeing how NSA sponsored HMS Orion, but now I bet they’ll have their own cabin in her replacement.

Why are you always mean to us?

>mommy
Sanna is the same age as me, so I can’t regard her that way.

I hate Turkey so fucking much

Ukraine. Period

The tank was abandooned after the lead rust bucket in their unit caught a javelin and the flag is now being used as a doormat outside of a nearby Azov barracks.

>conditions
>demands
There is a precedence. Norway joined, but did not host nukes or bases. Joining NATO doesn’t mean you have to host either.

I mean, dafuq?!

It´s the DLC expansion

>based Finland
Based on doing whatever Sweden, America, the EU, and, until recently, Russia wants it to do.

I wish so

Because it’s not the fucking Warsaw Pact and the countries in NATO are actually sovereign countries.

Ireland

JEB was a sweet, sweet meme.

Was?

No they fucking not)))

Attached: 1496680298757.png (1540x899, 892.61K)

Turkey already said they'll block us because we won't repatriate 55 Kurds.
Notice the "they'll" not being a "they'd" .

Attached: sassa.jpg (225x225, 9.95K)

Actually, it's just about the sanctions.
twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1526249464649883657
So he's just playing horse merchant or whatever it was called

Does Brazil have a NATO compatible military? Part of applying to join is restructuring and reorganizing to fit the NATO mold I think, plus buying whatever weapons NATO wants you to use.

Is this the third time he's flip-flopped on the issue? Hope it's just the sanctions for the F-16's or whatever it was he was barred from.

Well our government won't lift any sanctions, that's for sure.

>Both countries imposed arms exports ban against Turkey since 2019 as part of a EU decision over Ankara’s Syria incursion
None of them have anything to do with F16s, so Erdogan probably just wants to be able to buy premium Swedish gear

Bad time to be chimping out, Erdogan. We can just replace you with Ukraine in a few years.

Attached: 1633824671439.png (583x590, 333.59K)

would be a shame if someone veto'd their application

Niger

>Sweden has a long history of neutrality
In particular, a long history of neutrally fucking up Poland's and Germany's shit.
Something about Adolfs, I swear...

Attached: Gustav Adolf.jpg (1848x2520, 2.98M)

Anyone know if I can find it at good old systemet?

Erdogan: You can't join NATO unless you agree to sell us weapons!
Swedish government: Oh noes! I guess we'll have no choice but to start selling you guys guns again. *rubs hands*

Based roaches keeping the freeloaders out.
Binland and Swedistan can fuck off.

>freeloaders
>Finland
Nigger, please.

It's a tiny country with a fucking conscript army.
Nigger yourself.

Worth saying Turkey has said
>“First of all, we would not say ‘yes’ to those who impose sanctions on Turkey to join NATO, a security organization, during this process,” Erdogan said.
It doesn't matter if Turkey says yes or not, it matters if they are ready to pull the veto.

It will spend the required amount on defense, so it’s not freeloading.

Australia

probably a fair few swedish politicians who would be happy for any excuse to drop restrictions on weapons sales though
>oh you can't buy F-35? how about some Gripen?

Then neither is Swedistan by your definition.

Join the club. But there is a silver lining. Erdogan could finally have taken that one step too far. He was already running short on friends. Now 95% of NATO will have a grudge. Let's see what the entire Europe's tax departments can find in Turkey's international transactions, just for a starter.

oh my gosh

Correct, it isn’t.

Ask me how I know you're a Finngol.
Dishonest piece of shit.

Look, I don’t see how country that spend the requisite amount on defense are freeloading. I’m American, if it matters.

The CSA

Australia

Obama

Keep coping. Both countries will join NATO by the end of the year. Why? Because America wills it. What America wants, America gets.

Attached: 1571515124085.jpg (900x900, 51.33K)

cute actually

Putin controlling the Turks once again. Based.

> Because America wills it. What America wants, America gets.
Like Vietnam?
Or Afghanistan?
Or Syria?
Or Afghanistan AGAIN?

You are fucking delussional.
Sanctions are making worse for europe, khohols are losing, Erdogant won't let Fins and Sweds in NATO.
Accept it - world is bipolar now and you HAVE TO respect Russia
Because Turkey could leave fucking nato and BRICS will have a new letter - T

This guy has got it. And if we are lucky, the debate may start on excluding Turkey. NATO would be a far better place without them. Just ask Greece.

>Because Turkey could leave fucking nato
It could. But the issue for Russia remains. It's stuck in the Med.

>Vietnam
Economic partner and thorn in our enemy's side.
>Afghanistan
Soviets lost so hard they collapsed.
>Syria
Nightmarish unstable hellhole, useless to Russia.
>Afghanistan
Killed OBL. Killed most of his friendly Taliban leadership. Killed most AQ leadership. Not our fault ragheads can't be civilized, you can't teach a monkey to be a human.

Cant kick em out retard

>excluding Turkey
You cannot be kicked out of NATO. You have to leave.

I can't read this.

No active conflict in Cyprus.

Attached: 1609711509373.png (687x230, 19.96K)

lmao good point comrade Alan from Texas oblast, we americans don't need any more allies

Turkey sitting on the Bosporus trumps any value the nords might bring.

Control of Gotland literally makes defending Poland and the Baltics so much easier. It also means control of the entire Baltic Sea. Turkey leaving the Bosphorus straits open for Russia doesn't change much because they can't reach the Atlantic due to Gibraltar and Spain.

Fuck off.
Regardless of colors, Russia will not stop being fucked up. It will act all innocent ("oh, it was Putin who made me bad") and look like this cute kitty, up until the moment when it rears its ugly face and tries to fuck things up again.

Attached: cutekitty.jpg (735x723, 68.67K)

That isn't the definition. The definition is 'territorial dispute' which there is. Theoretically if UK applied to join now they wouldn't get in due to Ireland and Brexit.

>beslutet ar fattat

>Theoretically if UK applied to join now they wouldn't get in due to Ireland and Brexit
Ireland dropped its legal fiction of a claim to NI as part of the Good Friday Agreement. Brexit hasn't changed that.

Bayraktar

I hate that two-timing bastard so much

Attached: a300b2bc-ed87-4f17-b482-a860e743c9d0_16x9_1200x676[1].jpg (1138x640, 50.56K)

Finland and Sweden can get claimed by Russia,will that mean the won't be able to enter ?Again there is no war or skirmishes between the invading Turks and the Cypriots.

Based erdogod
Fuck scandisissies

Sorry sweaty but Black Sea

NATOreject bros how do we cope

Yet reunification is going to go ahead and that'll cause Ulster to get annoyed, which will start the whole issue again.

Presumably by selling weapons to the Turks. Distasteful but it'll do

Attached: sg4grrshdlxz.png (495x738, 808.42K)

Ireland

russia

Belarus

Attached: fubu fumbs up.jpg (416x427, 18.5K)

Emmeria.

Rhodesia.

Attached: 1650912707833.jpg (960x647, 67.8K)

It's really the perfect alibi to drop export restrictions on weapons to Turkey.
I would certainly not be surprised to see the current swedish government give in on this. I bet they would even frame it as making a "sacrifice" to help the Finns.

The internal political cost would certainly be negligible.

At least the Saab sales team can put food on the table again

Don't care, if it comes to nuclear war, I just pray Russia spares 3 ICBMs for out southern neighbor for MIRV nuclear orbital bombardment or maybe Fractional orbital bombardment. I can die in peace knowing the cartels have been wiped out.

I guess nobody on /k/ realizes it's possible to both not support Russia and also not support globalist organizations that want to destroy you? Probably not, you're just reddit 2.0 now anyway.

We're increasing the domestic military budget already you dumb nigger
There's no NATO money involved

Kazakhstan get.

He's well within his rights to do so. Our eternal booomers grew fat on the Soviet teat so they don't want any hint of war to threaten their property

Best Korea

/k/ > reddit > Any Forums
Now seethe.

Both signed a mutual defense pact with the bongs and doubt the Russians are interested in testing if bongs will uphold their promises.

ill fuck you up on the spot if i see you

And vice-versa

no

There was something about turning in "PKK" and "Gulenists" as well, which might not go over all that well depending on how they do. Sweden has an election soon and I could see Alliansen (basically the conservative block, with tacit support of the "Far Right" SD which are basically one of the few non-retard far right parties in Europe) winning depending on how things turn out, and I don't think they're as keen on supporting the mainly socialdemocrat-traditional "humanitarian superpower" idea.

yes

Jag ollar på dig

>you HAVE TO respect Russia

LOL, seeing you guys get absolutely sodomized by the (former) poorest country in Europe and cope and seethe about it doesn't exactly make me respect Russia, Vlad

Russia never won a war without western help. That's how pathetic they are, biting the hand that feeds them.

Mongolia

>Accept it - world is bipolar
fucking cope, only reason bipolarity exists is because of china and china alone. The USA and the west will now attempt to move industry from china to souther asia like vietnam, mexico, indonesia and india.

We don’t want it, and why the fuck did this thread bug out and give me question marks flags only

thread moved from /k/
thanks for nothing mods, now it's just going to turn into shit