Improving Any Forums

Any Forums's quality has declined, as some of you surely have noticed. I'd like to talk with you about it, and specifically to call this to the attention of mods and hiroshimoot.
Here are a few of the reasons:

1. picrel. Golden-era Any Forums had fewer than 40k users, now we are at ~150k users. Nearly 4 out of 5 of you are newfags, and not the old newfags from 2012, but the newest of newfags from 2015 and beyond. But I digress. It used to require teams of dedicated people to slide a thread, even more to slide the entire board. Now, it happens naturally due to the flood of replies. If you've ever typed out a few paragraphs to get a complex idea out but could not post it because the thread got archived before you could submit, you know what I'm talking about.
2. Due to the above, it is now impossible to have thoughtful threads because the environment incentivizes quick replying. If you don't post a reaction immediately, you might not get another chance to collect (You)s before the thread archives.
3. Chans are imageboards. This is an IMAGEboard. Yet, notice that fewer and fewer people post images. Maybe 1 out of 20 replies includes an image nowadays. Phonefags are part of the reason, but also the general laziness of newfags contributes to Any Forums becoming a content desert.
4. As a corollary to the above, more and more Any Forumstards are consuming content instead of creating content. More and more of you are grabbing off-site memes to post here. "le 9gag army" used to be a joke, but it's real now and we are it.

Possible solutions:

1. Increase bump limit from 300 to 600
2. Implement a 30 second cooldown after opening a thread. Can't post reply until you've been on the page for 30 seconds
3. First reply from any ID must include an image
4. OPs with Twitter/Reddit/TikTok screencaps are auto-saged & warned. 2nd offense, ban.

I'll post this again when Amerilards wake up. This one is for all you Eurofags & Asiafags

Attached: illegal immigrants of pol.png (965x667, 113.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Any
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's very sad. Due to this I can't educate WY boys

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-30-17-33-07-87.jpg (720x1520, 388.64K)

We need janny like you OP
Any Forums.org/janitorapp

1. Replies invisible until one replies to the OP
2. OP has admin rights over the thread and must remain present until the conclusion of the thread
3. OP is accountable to the mods for the posts in his thread, replacing the need for jannies
4. Name fields must be filled so that people can continue conversations from earlier
5. No range-bans, OPs can deal with unruly posters
6. Images must always remain on topic (coffee is not good for you)
7. BRING BACK /QA/!!!

Attached: Bump.jpg (511x305, 58.55K)

This is the most important thread on the board currently, you have my support.

Attached: 1648655627524.jpg (859x1024, 137.87K)

implement an iq test before being granted access to website

>even more to slide the entire board. Now, it happens naturally due to the flood of replies.
no, this is bullshit. i see so many threads get ARCHIVED at less than 30 replies, legit political threads. it happens *continuously* and it happens to threads that are only a few *minutes* old. THEY AREN'T BEING "SLID" they are being DELETED out of the realtime catalog. the janitors are controlling the content, it's not people replying "incorrectly" the way people like you ENDLESSLY FUCKING BITCH.
provocative nonsense designed to keep people angry is allowed to go to 300 replies but actual political threads are pruned at 25, that is *not* some algorithmic "error", that is happening on purpose.
STOP FUCKING SAYING THAT THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE REPLYING TO CONTROVERSIAL STUFF. that is not the problem.
THE PROBLEM IS THE FUCKING CENSORSHIP.
whatever legitimacy your criticisms might have, i won't pay attention to it because you are running cover for the censorship. you have these suggestions to the janitors, as they THEY ARE NOT THE FUCKING PROBLEM.
whatever this is stupid, good luck with your reforms.

i meant "as though they are not the fucking problem"
the janitors are the problem
the janitors are doing the censorship, and controlling the content here, just to be clear

Adendum: Character count minimums for posting.
Might as well get some essays on a political board, as happened on 8chαn

A good solution would be to implement the robot algorithm from r9k
it forces you to make longer replies, forbids from posting the same image twice, if you have certain phrases or words in your reply it won't post, gives a cooldown so you can't post replies so fast. All of these are good
It can also be added to the algorithm that mass replying is impossible, it ruins reading and mass repliers don't contribute.
Banning all memeflags, this must be done
range ban certain countries and regions from posting entirely.
Increase the number of jannies, user base has increased but number of jannies is same leading to the board being rarely regulated

now on your suggestions
>1. Increase bump limit from 300 to 600
2. Implement a 30 second cooldown after opening a thread. Can't post reply until you've been on the page for 30 seconds
good idea
>3. First reply from any ID must include an image
this one is plain stupid, it has no point
>4. OPs with Twitter/Reddit/TikTok screencaps are auto-saged & warned. 2nd offense, ban.
not always depends on its contents

5. Remove Any Forums altogether

Get fucked cunt

see with rules like that this kind of replies would not be possible

You are dumb. Don't you know that the:
>30 second cooldown
can be avoided simply by having 100=tabs open for 30 seconds?

bump. Some actual solid ideas. It's won't prevent dedicated shill threads through. Maybe have them to actually scroll through the thread within the 30 seconds too or something

it can't, cooldown is based on your ip. You can go to Any Forums to test this

Bring back the glory days!

Attached: FIcHOjoX0AAdnQf.jpg (963x525, 62.79K)

shill threads will exist as long as idiots keep rage replying to them

That would be restrictive on genuine discussion also.

i think the best solution would be getting you faggot concern trolls to kill themselves

why?

Because I said so

keep replying retard at least you are bumping the thread

Prove you're smarter than me.