Are Jehovah's witnesses based?

I know almost nothing about them other than they don't like all the fake christian holidays like saturnalia/christmas. Wife and I have both been asked to check them out by separate coworkers. Are they a cult? Are they the based or just another misguided step away from the right path?
>Super Jesus focused
>hate possed holidays
>problem is you don't celebrate birthday's
>I thought they were weird growing up

Attached: 42-57781298-1451571302.jpg (644x408, 31.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

toronto.citynews.ca/2016/05/05/jehovahs-witness-video-under-fire-for-homophobic-message/
youtu.be/VX3zXu4HEug
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No Semitic religions are based

Corrupted by satan.

please enlighten me then

Enlighten you? Perhaps you would be better off reflecting on why you feel the need to participate in such a religion. If it's just some social experience that your wife desperately needs to keep from going insane, I understand, but Jehovah's Witnesses are weird as fuck. You won't be able to maintain healthy separation from your regular life and the cultist demands of that organization. Your wife will either hate you for joining or pressure you to fit in with crazies. Some people recently joined (on paper) for vaccine exemptions. That's the only good thing I can say

They use a different bible separate from the nicene one you and I and most all christians did for almost 2 thousand years. They also don't believe Christ is divine, part of the trinity, one with God. It's a recent religion and should be seen as a growing cult. Tbf Christians in the apostle times were considered cultists but I think its safe to say they have more weight to their claims considering they were alive around Christs time on earth.

no

JW deny that Jesus died and was resurrected, which is the foundation of Christian doctrine. They have more in common with moslums and jews than with Christianity.

>Are they a cult?
Yes, steer clear, you fuckign retarded idiot. How about a quick google before gracing us with your mental diarrhea, mutt?

Jehovah's Witnesses are the truest and most purest form of Christianity similar to that of the 1st Century Christians. We are the only ones following the Bible to a tee.

Our primary message is that of God's Kingdom now ruling in heaven by Jesus Christ who has been enthroned as King. We use God's name and teach it to others openly. We are the only ones actively preaching the message from your local neighborhoods, your local businesses, to missionary work in the most distance lands in the world. All of this without shedding one drop of blood or firing one bullet at an enemy.

JW are the only Christian sect who's members have never participated in any major war throughout their 100+ year history. In fact, they were imprisoned in the LOLacaust for refusing to war for Hitler WHILE they were imprisoned in the US for refusing to war for the US. Right now, there are JW in prison in Uzebekistan, South Korea, and Armenia for refusing military service. A few months ago Russia officially banned their work for refusing to be nationalistic. They are the most innocent of all the sects.

Here's a video we made for the children.

toronto.citynews.ca/2016/05/05/jehovahs-witness-video-under-fire-for-homophobic-message/

Attached: 20200802_005212.jpg (656x619, 99.67K)

Based isn't a real word

They deny that Jesus Christ is the son of God.

😊😤

You are a delusional fag

You deny Christ's divinity. You corrupted your translations for your Satanic cult and still didn't remove all the references to His divine nature. He constantly claims rights and powers reserved for God alone. Also
>A voice of one calling out in the wilderness: “Clear up the way of Jehovah! Make a straight highway through the desert for our God. (Is.40:3)
>In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Ju·deʹa, saying: “Repent, for the Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.” This, in fact, is the one spoken of through Isaiah the prophet in these words: “A voice of one calling out in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of Jehovah! Make his roads straight.’” Matthew 3:1-3
>He said: “I am a voice of someone crying out in the wilderness, ‘Make the way of Jehovah straight,’ just as Isaiah the prophet said.” (John.1:23)
>This is the one about whom I said: ‘Behind me there comes a man who has advanced in front of me, for he existed before me.’(John.1:30)
That’s all New World Translation. How much clearer did John the Baptist and Isaiah have to be that Jesus was Jehovah?
But it gets worse. Jesus Himself even quotes Malachi in Matthew 11:10 and Luke 7:27
>“Look! I am sending my messenger, and he will clear up a way before me And suddenly the true Lord, whom you are seeking, will come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant will come, in whom you take delight. Look! He will certainly come,” says Jehovah of armies. (Malachi 3:1)
That’s John the Baptist clearing the way for who? For the true Lord! Who shows up? Jesus! “Clear a way before me” says Jehovah

>Are they a cult?
Yes
>Are they based?
I think so
>Are they on the wrong path?
Haha. Dude. They're obviously on a better path than the rest of society.

Wow, didn't think we'd have a JW shill around here. You guys have good morals and a dedication to upholding the teachings of Christ but I'm genuinely curious why change so much of the doctrine? Jesus died and rose on the third day, it's documented as early as 70ad by Apostolic church fathers like ignatius. Why deny the lord his divinity? Also why would you change the word of God?

>And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful and true.” And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the spring of the water of life free. (Rev.21:5-6)(New World Translation)
>“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”(Rev.1:8)
>When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave. (Rev.1:17-18)
>“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again (Rev.2:8)
The Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last- the One on throne (the Father) and the one who died and came to life (Jesus), they’re both One God.

no, ARYANISM

Good to hear from another. Best of luck through the great tribulation

Attached: Sodom and Gomorrah.jpg (1200x767, 232.58K)

Defend your faith, witnesses.

No we do not deny the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without his resurrection we have no hope of our own. The resurrection is the foundation of our hope.

>1 Corinthians 15:12-17 - 12Now if Christ is being preached that he has been raised up from the dead, how is it some among YOU say there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, neither has Christ been raised up. 14But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and our faith is in vain. 15Moreover, we are also found false witnesses of God, because we have borne witness against God that he raised up the Christ, but whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17Further, if Christ has not been raised up, YOUR faith is useless; YOU are yet in YOUR sins.

If Jesus wasn't resurrected than we are wasting our time even talking about him.

This Aussie has something to tell you witnesses.

You see Him as inferior to God. Not sure why you all changed the bible to make it seem that way.

How did you come to conclusion that Jesus is Jehovah from these scriptures? It seems more to me that Jesus to going to join Jehovah. O is this one of those famous Aussie shitposts I always hear about?

We don't deny Jesus being divinity. We just deny Jesus being Jehovah God himself. Jesus is a god(John 1:1), the only-begotten god(John 1:18), and a mighty god(Isaiah 9:5). Jesus is a god like the angels, Satan, demons are in heaven. On earth he is a god like Moses and the judges.(Psalm 82:1-7; Psalm 82:6; John 10:35; John 10:34-38)

John 14:6
Jesus saith into him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Attached: 1648350861948.jpg (580x620, 106.61K)

Wtf? There are two of you?! Ok so serious question, what brings Jehovah's witnesses Any Forums? How do their teaching align with my budding nationalism?

Attached: wtf.gif (253x200, 664.46K)

That is correct. Jesus is not God. He's A god like the angels, demons and Satan. He's a powerful spirit being like them. He has always been inferior to Jehovah. Jesus admitted that himself. CONTINUED...

Unto, not into, my bad

I'm Christian and I actually invited one back to talk because I enjoy big brain conversations. We did this for a year. My plan was actually to convert him.

I say they're genuinely good people. They know the Bible very very well. Although their Bible is a counterfeit, it gets updated every time they're proven wrong.

They're actually right about a lot of things, maybe 95% they are correct on BUT THAT %5 they're wrong about, they are VERY wrong about. Like they believe Jesus was actually Michael the archangel possessing a body. They also believe in works based salvation. False.

>tldr
Good people caught up in an antichrist cult.

lots of them are pedos

>(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6there is actually to us one God the Father,...

Jesus said...

>(John 10:34-38) Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “YOU are gods”’? 35If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came, and yet the Scripture cannot be nullified, 36do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son? 37If I am not doing the works of my Father, do not believe me. 38But if I am doing them, even though YOU do not believe me, believe the works, in order that YOU may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.”

Who is Jesus talking about?

>Psalm 82:1-7) God is stationing himself in the assembly of the Divine One; In the middle of the gods he judges:

>(Psalm 82:6) “I myself have said, ‘YOU are gods, And all of YOU are sons of the Most High.

It is agreed upon that those verses in Psalms are men called gods. Those gods are the Judges of Israel before Kings were set up. The word "GOD/GODS" in Hebrew is Elohim/Elohah which means "Mighty One" or "Powerful One." Nothing about omnipotence, omniscience. To the Hebrews, any being of huge amounts of power or strength was an elohim, mighty one. Therefore, Jesus, angels, Satan, demons and judges are all gods because they are all mighty ones or powerful ones.

In order to know the Father (Jehovah) you must first know his son(Jesus).
>“For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Attached: The son of christ.jpg (1046x915, 125.16K)

gonna need sources my friend as so are catholics but no one beats out our favorite merchants

John 1:1 literally translates as the word was God. The logos is God. The logos was with God in the beginning and was God.

JW ARE SO CLOSE!

Rejecting fake and gay pagan holidays is a good idea.

Their rejection of violence is cucked. Even Jesus commanded his disciples to aquire weapons. (Luke 22:36)

Also, they are totally blind to preparing for the end times which are currently happening.

Find a small church that actively reads their Bible and are actively preparing to work together to make it through Tribulation.

youtu.be/VX3zXu4HEug

these guys are legit.

Attached: image3A13308_Glitch.jpg (1774x2048, 494.48K)

The Bible speaks of the End of the world. Whether we are right or wrong in applying that knowledge onto real life is irrelevant. The point is that we must pay attention as Jesus commanded about this subject.

>Matthew 25:13) “Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU know neither the day nor the hour.

>(Mark 13:33) Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is.

>(Luke 21:36) Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”

>(1 Thessalonians 5:6) So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.

>(1 Peter 5:8) Keep YOUR senses, be watchful. YOUR adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone].

>(1 Corinthians 7:31) and those making use of the world as those not using it to the full; for the scene of this world is changing.

>(Mark 13:36) in order that when he arrives suddenly, HE DOES NOT FIND YOU SLEEPING.

This is what Any Forums and JW have in common. Any Forums watches the scene of the world and ever-changing trends and events. We do the same. Any Forums calls it THE HAPPENING, we call it the Great Tribulation and Armageddon. As a Christian, it is your job to prepare for this.

It doesn't really preach nationalism in fact the opposite. Jehovah's witnesses preach all about how we (everyone acting in JW faith) are family because we are all Jehovah's children. Don't misconstrue this to mean love everyone unconditionally, no matter what. Evil people should be still be treated as such.

My fathers family side got entangled with JWs in the 90s and left after realizing y2k wasnt the apocalypse. Its like any other christian cult but they demand large amount of time and money from their followers and its built like a MLM where members try to get in the most new members for special privilege within the club. You are better off finding a vanilla church

how do you personally feel about hooked nose merchants?

Attached: 1600842934063s.jpg (1210x801, 167.3K)

Like they believe Jesus was actually Michael the archangel

>“1b2. Another prophecy in Daniel 12:1-3 respects the second and personal coming of Christ; for he is meant by Michael, who is "as God", as his name signifies,equal to him; the ‘great prince,’ the prince of the kings of the earth, and the head of all principalities and powers.” - John Gill, A Body of Doctrinal Divinity, Book 7 Chapter 5:

>“The earlier Protestant scholars usually identified Michael with the preincarnate Christ, finding support for their view, not only in the juxtaposition of the “child” and the archangel in Rev. 12, but also in the attributes ascribed to him in Daniel” –The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia vol. 3, p. 2048, Eerdmans Publishing, 1984 printing

>"I embrace the opinion of those who refer this to the person of Christ, because it suits the subject best to represent him as standing forward for the defense of his elect people." - John Calvin, Commentaries On The Book Of The Prophet Daniel, trans. T. Myers (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 1979), vol. 2 p. 369

>There seems good reason for regarding Michael as the Messiah. Such was the opinion of the best among the ancient Jews.... With this all the Bible representations of Michael agree. He appears as the Great Prince who standeth for Israel (Dan. xii. I), and he is called "the Prince of Israel" (Dan. x. 21)--William L. Alexander,ed., A CyclopediaOf Biblical Literature, originally edited by John Kitto, 3d ed. (Edinburgh: A & C Black, 1886). vol. 3, p. 158

>Their rejection of violence is cucked. Even Jesus commanded his disciples to aquire weapons. (Luke 22:36)
We aren't helpless. If we are attacked we defend ourselves. I own many guns and conceal carry everywhere I go. We just don't go out start fights or purposely get pulled into one unless in defense of another loved one.

>Also, they are totally blind to preparing for the end times which are currently happening.

We teach all about the great tribulation and how the end times are near. The only thing we don't particularly teach is how to prep for it other than by having faith (stack guns/ammo, canned food, silver etc.). But very religions I find actually do that.

belief in jesus is never based.

Attached: 1641156533385.jpg (1917x2462, 832.14K)

Also I should add there are plenty of pedos in JWs

>"An answer to Daniel's enquiry, ver. 8 - 13. For the children - The meaning seems to be, as after the death of Antiochus the Jews had some deliverance, so there will be yet a greater deliverance to the people of God, when Michael your prince, the Messiah shall appear for your salvation.A time of trouble - A the siege of Jerusalem, before the final judgment. The phrase at that time, probably includes all the time of Christ, from his first, to his last coming.... - John Wesley:

>..."Michael - Christ alone is the protector of his church, when all the princes of the earth desert or oppose it." - John Wesley

>“voice of the archangel”(1 Thess. 4:16) is apparently “the voice of the Lord Jesus Christ”! -Trinitarian Bible scholar W. E. Vine (“recognized as one of the world’s foremost [Bible] Greek scholars”) p. 64, An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words

>“Let it be observed that the word archangel is never found in the plural number in the sacred writings. There can be properly only one archangel,one chief or head of all the angelic host. Nor is the word devil, as applied to the great enemy of mankind, ever found in the plural; there can be but one monarch of all fallen spirits. Michael is this archangel,and head of all the angelic orders; the devil, great dragon, or Satan, is head of all the diabolic orders. When these two hosts are opposed to each other they are said to act under these two chiefs, as leaders; hence in Revelation12:7, it is said: MICHAEL and his angels fought against the DRAGON and his angels. The word Michael, seems to be compounded of ym mi, who, k ke, like, and la El, God; he who is like God; hence by this personage,in the Apocalypse, many understand the Lord Jesus.” - Clarke’s Commentary (Adam Clarke)

>"Michael is no other than Christ."- Lutheran E. W. Hengstenberg

>"We take it that Michael . . . is, from the outset, Christ in warlike array against Satan." - J. P. Lange