Social Security is tied to inflation but not minimum wage

>Social Security is tied to inflation but not minimum wage

Boomers really took everything and left nothing for their kids.

Attached: Capture.jpg (981x652, 140.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/07/the-economic-case-for-food-stamps/260015/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quite the scam isn't it?

Try again. SS is tied to fake inflation (CPI) numbers. Minimal increase.

Meanwhile SNAP was increased by 25%.

Are you asking who is paying for SNAP? At least SS had payments going into it, and if it wasn't for politicians raiding its surplus, it would be massively in the green.

> Starting in October, SNAP benefits will increase by an average of 25% above pre-pandemic levels.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture said the updated benefits formula is based on current food prices, what Americans typically eat, dietary guidance and the nutrients in food items. A study by the government in June found that 88% of SNAP recipients were struggling to achieve a healthy diet.

During the pandemic, all SNAP recipients got a 15% boost to their benefits, but that additional aid expires at the end of September.
Both hikes to SNAP are massively above what SS cost of living increased by.

Correction, Social security is tied to the consumer price index which understates inflation by at least half and sometimes 75% less.

And they're completely obvious about it, doing such things as: "The cost of steak went up 100% so a reasonable minimum wage person would buy tofu instead so there's no inflation". Then they use the same trick the following year but with a different food item: "The price of Chicken increased 100% so a reasonable person would buy cheese". over and over and over, and a million varants of such tricks.

As a result your social security check won't keep up with inflation. By the time you go you'll be eating catfood as that's all you can afford.

Nothing personal, but it's still the biggest and the strongest out there.

Minimum wage is 7.25 an hour. Nobody is actually paying anybody 7.25 an hour. Without any minwage laws, people are offering 12-17 an hour for a starting wage for entry level jobs.
Why do you feel like you need a law for this shit?

Attached: McDonaldsWage.png (2760x712, 676.52K)

>inflation
Central banks (fed reserve) steal country's wealth.
Not the first time they're here either.

Getting them out usually involves exile of the religious group responsible for the consolidation of power. If you're young you'll get to see it again. May take another decade or two.

Federal min wage is different then state min wage bro

State Min Wage is also 7.25 an hour.

Attached: PAMinWage.png (1804x580, 466.02K)

Don't care. I knew I'd never see SS when I entered the work force years ago. My father recently retired and constantly bitches about his SS check
>It's so HARD user I might have to go back to work between my retirement, stock options, and SS I can only spend $3k a month!!!!
>you need to get busy user and work hard like I did so you don't get fucked over like this when you retire in 30 years!
>I'm a millionaire user and my broker is making sure my money works for ME!

Dumb fuck spent last year buying multiple RVs and campers. Taking camping trips every week. Spending a ton of money on bullshit (he bought 3 smartphones at $1k a pop because he kept breaking them).

Meanwhile he wouldn't help me with shit. Wouldn't even take a day out of his life to help me bushhog HIS farm that he doesn't even fucking want or to repair a water leak to HIS shop that he doesn't even use and constantly complains about owning. When I inquire about maybe giving me control (not even ownership) over these things so I can
>plant food for us to eat
>maybe turn a small profit and become independent from the system
He straight up refuses. Then he complains that I don't mow his mother's yard, his yard, and I'm not at his beck and call to help him with his stupid fucking "home improvement" projects that are really just him spending money on crap he saw on HGTV.

Meanwhile I'm eating one meal a day, living on like $400 a month, and I can't get a job anywhere that pays more than $10 an hour no matter how many places I apply. I was supposed to be farming for 3 years by now and running a business out of my shop. But I got lied to and now I'm stuck here. My savings are almost gone.

But good news. Now that I'm nearly broke my father finally wants to help me get started. All I gotta do is come up with another 100k and he's interested! So lucky! No way he'll screw me over again.

I'm selling everything I still own and moving to cabin in the woods. I hope niggers beat him at the nursing home

Its being raised to 12 in july user.... Mcdonalds is just being preemptive

This has been the average offered local wage since 2019 for McDonalds, Target, Walmart, and pretty much everywhere else.

From what i can see the offered wage is $10, and again these are still billionaire corporations that can afford to pay much more than a mere 13 bucks. There are also factors at play such a cities and counties also choosing high min wage to.

Oh here is another thing that pisses me off about my father
>has loving girlfriend of 20 years
>complains that she wants to have sex

Meanwhile my situation:
>no sex in years
>friend's wife knocks on my door to invite me to friend's birthday party
>Dad, Grandmother, Uncle, and Step Mom all ask me about it the next day
>"Who is she!? Are you dating!? Any plans for children!?!?!"
>tell them to mind their own fucking business
>can't even have call girl in sailor moon uniform over because they spy on my front door
>constantly hear "Get busy we want grandchildren!"
>they don't know I've had 5
>they don't know they were all aborted behind my back
>they probably wouldn't even care and tell me it's no big deal
>they don't know that I've totally given up on 3DPD and I'm strictly loyal to my waifu

The reason they don't have grandchildren is the fact that they spooked off every last girlfriend I brought over. Why would I want to introduce a future wife to these people?

When I tell them there are no longer real women in the world and I'm not attracted to onlyfan whores they accuse me of not trying hard enough. Like I'm a fucking retard and haven't traveled all over the country looking for a wife. Maybe if they would have helped me out when I was a teenager instead of beating me and teaching me nothing they would have grandchildren by now.

It took me until I was in my 30s to realize I've been living with abusive parents and grandparents since I was a kid. They even point security cameras at my house that stream live to the internet 24/7. How the fuck am I supposed to have sex when the entire neighborhood knows about it before I even get my dick wet?

Fuck it I'm having call girl over tonight and making her dress up like pic related. I already own the costume because I sit around playing vidya in it.

Attached: kiggu.jpg (720x720, 48.68K)

>10 dollars
You never even answered my question, which even if they ARE "only paying $10", that's still $3 more an hour than the law says they have to pay, why do you need a law to make them pay a minimum wage, which you made no accounting for.
>billionaire corporations
You lost the argument, now you're lying and you're only doing it because you have no idea how wealth or budgets or any of this stuff works but you're driven by spite and envy. People have already done the maths on this, and even if you took McDonalds' annual profits and broke them down and gave them out to all the employees, it wouldn't even equate to a $500 bonus at the end of the year. Fuck off.

Attached: MoveThem.gif (440x324, 842.64K)

>Nobody is actually paying anybody 7.25 an hour.
lol lol
Wait
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Fucking delusional

They aren't paying $7.25 an hour, you're right. They're hiring temp. workers at $9. Paying them on company debit card. Raping them with fees every time they withdrawal money off of it. Telling them the wage is $10 but 2 weeks later you find out you've been working for $8.

You have no fucking idea what most of the country is going through. You're divorced from reality. But let me guess
>you should have taken on the massive debt for the useless paper like me
>you should just move to place where cost of living is $2k-$4k a month like me

Retard.

Most Americans are working temp. job gigs that constantly lay them off. Any time you even get close to full time+benefits you get shit canned. Only to get a call back 2 weeks later
>We really like you user please come back
>"So you'll give me full time+raise+benefits then?"
>Oh no you need to make your 6 months sorry! Your time starts all over because you got laid off! Sorry about that! tehehehehe

Recruiter telling you this BS gets $200 for signing you back up plus like $1 of your hourly wage. Fuck 'em. I'm never working again.

>You never even answered my question, which even if they ARE "only paying $10", that's still $3 more an hour than the law says they have to pay, why do you need a law to make them pay a minimum wage, which you made no accounting for.
Thats actually wrong, philly for instance raised the wage in the city to 15, so they were still forced to do it there. You can look at around the state and see the same. In the end they only raised the wages because they HAD to.

SNAP pays for itself, chud

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/07/the-economic-case-for-food-stamps/260015/

>You lost the argument, now you're lying and you're only doing it because you have no idea how wealth or budgets or any of this stuff works but you're driven by spite and envy. People have already done the maths on this, and even if you took McDonalds' annual profits and broke them down and gave them out to all the employees, it wouldn't even equate to a $500 bonus at the end of the year. Fuck off.
I'm sorry but fucking what? They make 19b a year. They can easily afford wage increases, god damn you wrote all this only to be completely wrong. We aren't saying to give them every single penny, but they can afford a modest 5 dollar increase around the board.

>Boomers
hello rabbi

>Word Salad pulled from thin air

Attached: tldr.jpg (250x250, 32.67K)

You are defending slave wages, you think mcdonalds is gonna give a fuck?

McDonalds had 23 Billion in REVENUE, not PROFITS.
7.5 Billion in Profits.
McDonalds employs 1.9 MILLION people.
Divided up 100% of that (and that was a 59% increase over 2020, when I last did the math), that equates to $75 a week per employee, which divided by 40 hours is $1.89 an hour extra.
So, NO, they couldn't just "divide up a part of that and give everybody an extra $5 an hour"
Proof that Commies are both bad at math in general, and primarily driven by envy.

Attached: McDProfits.png (1242x646, 326.67K)

stop having political discussions. post instead

You should get a fucking job and learn to count you lazy sack of shit.

giving everyone of those people a 5 dollar raise would only of costed them 9m you absolute dumb fuck. Holy shit stop talking about math, you clearly cannot do it.

290 million god damn it

>too stupid to read
Pottery

So is federal employee salaries.