Europe still paying gas in Euros

>Europe still paying gas in Euros
>Gazprom just converting it into rubles
How exactly is this an epic victory for Putin

Attached: 0f4.jpg (770x600, 49.15K)

CUZ IT JUST IS OK???

stop asking goy

WTF

Attached: 34634634634634.jpg (203x248, 10.2K)

Silly question but what use did they have for Euros in the first place, just so they can convert them when they feel like it to keep the price stable?

wtfwtwffttff

Attached: 1475867353803.jpg (385x398, 17.17K)

Checked the ruble exchange rate lately?

How is gazprom converting euros into rubles different from european countries converting those euroes into rubles themselves? The gas is bought in roubles no matter what, I dont understand the difference.

Attached: its_over.png (1082x844, 1.02M)

>exchange
😂
it's meme currency
closed stock exchange,
20% interest rate,
Russian dissolves foreign currencies,
strongly regulated domestic market

no one knows the current value of the ruble

euros are worth more

putin didnt ask for more money in value
so he;s getting was less money because the rouble is worthless

Instead of just hitting the currency markets and getting the best possible rate on your Rubles, to "own Putin" you are letting Gazprom Bank purchase them for you ad hoc at a hugely inflated exchange rate. It's inflating the value of the Ruble even more. The whole point of the sanctions was to crash the Ruble.

isnt this exactly the same as before? did they stack Euros and US Dollars before?
are they for real? were they retarded for 30 years?

Basically this just circumvents the sanctions on the Russian central bank
I think it was dumb imo, Putin should have just shut all the pipelines down and turn Europe into Somalia

Attached: average_pol_user.jpg (240x299, 8.08K)

That means they can tell the EU to hove them as much money as they want.
Since they control the market.
They basically can set the price to whatever they fickibg want.
That's not including the cost of actually converting the currency.
They can ask the eu to pay on filling gold and they would have no choice in the matter.

Because previously Russia couldn't access that money due to sanctions. Now they'll get paid through gazprom banks which cannot be frozen.
EU was expecting that they would get gas for free.

>How exactly is this an epic victory for Putin
It's not. This is just for show within Russia..
"Look how powerful I am, I told the EU to fuck off. Now they have to buy gas with our meme currency"

You are welcome to go get your own Rubles at the cheapest rate, or pay Gazprom Bank to get them for you at whatever rates and fees it determines. Euroidiots decided en masse to pay extra for their Rubles. Gazprom Bank then takes those Euros, exchanges them for Rubles on the Euroidiots behalf, and pays Gazprom.

If before, without conversion, you paid 1 euro per 100 tons of gas, then you paid 1 euro got 100 tons and forgot.

Now, with conversion, the payment may change.

Let's say 100 tons also cost €1. But the euro/ruble ratio may change, and will change every hour.
Consequently, you will pay 1 euro or more for 100 tons, if the exchange rate changes. It is impossible to pay less than 1 euro for 100 tons.

That is, if before you paid 1 euro and forgot, now you have to pay as much euro as you need to get the full amount in rubles.

Simply put, the more Europe imposes sanctions, the more it will have to pay for 100 tons, but not less than 1 euro per 100 tons. But as we know, the U.S. will force Europe to impose sanctions, because Europe is a sattelite

Simified what Europe said is "I won't buy Rubles, but I will pay you to buy Rubles for me at whatever rate you think is fair."

To buy goods and services from Europe. Since Europe told Russia they will no longer sell them anything, Russia no longer has any use for Euros.

Then Russia would take an economic hit. Better to let Europe take all the hit and Russia just gradually divert its gas to Asian markets as those new deals are finalized. Slowly turn off the tap to Europe as it secures new buyers elsewhere.

So far the only thing that really hurt Russia was USA stealing all its foreign reserves. But the upshot of that was seeing what USA did, it lit a fire under the ass of India, the Middle East, Africa, etc. to hurry up and ditch the Dollar, SWIFT, etc. Basically USA triggered a bank run on itself by defaulting on one of its biggest clients. They killed the golden goose.

They weren’t allowed to convert them to rubles before.