Anyone else reading this...

anyone else reading this? i've started Leviticus and its so boring its just an instruction manual on how to sacrifice properly. and this is directly after 10 chapters of how to build a tabernacle in exodus

Attached: bible.jpg (1200x1200, 305.56K)

the new testament is the good stuff

you don't need to sacrifice anything anymore

No I don't read jewish law
Go help out your local food bank or something.

The Gospel user, read the Gospel.

Don't just read it front to back, some books are stories, some are instruction manuals, some are prose and some are dogma. Read the 3 books of wisdom first

I'm on Page 350.

A good read but Numericals took a toll out of me. Reading through all those data logs of Moses hahahahhaha.

I'm not skipping one page or line in the Bible because it'd create an insecurity and weakness.

>Hurr durr read the same book 4 times in a row where a guy performs "miracles" to convince people to follow him and then outright says that false prophets and liars can perform miracles

i'm reading the knox version specifically so i can read it front to back like a story. How many non bible books are there? i know of the book on enoch but i want a list of all of them

if you shoved it up your ass it would help you more

You don't need to read the old testament. It's inclusion is only to show the prophecies that were foretold to prove Jesus is indeed the messiah.
Read the new testament. Much better read and much faster to get through.

Contrary to most of Any Forums edgelords. the Old Testament gets better the further along you go.

If you want stuff still relevant to today, check out Jeremiah, Daniel, minor prophets, proverbs, psalms, Kings etc
The real old covenant details were adjusted by the blood sacrifice of Christ( ending all blood sacrifice of animals) the new covenant is what the Jews rejected and that’s why they still kill animals.

There's many fucking apocryphal books, but does your translation really make it feel like a story? It sounds to me you're getting bogged down in the terms and details when you should be reading the meat and bone later on

It's not about the miracles, it's about the wisdom of christ's teaching

I like how the same bible thumping anons start freaking out when you tell them you're reading the first half of their holy book, where it talks about being kosher, how jews are #1, to cut off your penis skin, yet at the same time they like to cherry pick what parts they do follow such as the creation story. There's no point to your holy book if half the passages you don't believe in or don't follow

Yeah it's a jewish trick so that when you start criticizing their book they can accuse you of not reading it front to back because they know no sane human being would do that
Actually no one reads all of this shit, you just pick the most juicy parts and pretend you're super religiously savvy by quoting them and using them in arguments all the time

the part that looks like pointless instruction manuals now are the key to properly understanding the latter stuff such as the "good stuff" as mentioned by
And it's not only what is written, but also how it is written. Once you start to get it, you start to get mindblown almost constantly

I'll pray to LORD my GOD Christ Jesus to make His Word understandable to you through his spirit.

that's the boring part, imo. but even in that part, there is a deeper meaning to be realized. it gets good again after that.

Yeah I tried and it was incomprehensible and boring. Book of Jonah is good.

Ah, Wisdom such as "tell parables to people in a way to intentionally make it so they won't understand multiple times lmao"

real nigga shit i learned was read one chapter of proverbs a month per day because its like 31 chapters.

The issue is they think they can understand a 3-2000 year old work pel mel when they should read more on the time of writing and culture back then. I like the orthodox study bible cause it takes the KJV version and adds annotation from dozens of saints, theologians and scholars from antiquity explaining what they think is going on, Any Forums should look into it