Just what the fuck was Gamergate?

Alright Any Forums semi youngfag here (19) Can someone explain just what the fuck gamergate was? I keep seeing it randomly mentioned and feel like I am late to this redpill and wikipedia says you guys literally did some crazy harrassment campaign against female gamers but of course I have learned not to trust what those cucks have to say.

pic not related chika a cute.

Attached: IwXTdw-CskK3qY-oNAmbaPZC0GQjM-1k9oZ0FACjFNg.png (640x895, 757.47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/6og7ak/what_is_gamergate/
youtube.com/watch?v=xs69lv0UGNU
deepfreeze.it/index.php
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh lord. Are you sure you want to know this? Prepare for autism.

yes senpai

reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/6og7ak/what_is_gamergate/

Basically the first time the Woke overlords and lots of other bullshit was exposed to the public

>Gamergate pt1:

>It was discovered that a game developer and game journalist were having sex, and that developers game had received favorable coverage in the journalists publication. That set off alarm bells and upset a few peoplr.

>Gamergate pt2:

>That small backlash apparently upset some game journalists, and the proceeded to make a coordinated attack denouncing all gamers. About a dozen "gamers are dead" articles appeared on the same day. This pissed off a lot of gamers and was the event that really made GG take off.

>PT3 Others with a SJW agenda jumped in and start blaming gamergate for everything. They would claim they were being harrassed by us. That we were nothing but a group intended to harass women. Some of them were caught sending themselves harassing tweets from fake accounts.

>Personally i think the gaming media has a lot more skeletons to hide, thats why they were so desparate to smear GG and make sure we werent listened to.

Attached: 087.jpg (680x760, 47.27K)

> senpai

I know you said you're 19, but Cool it with the cringe.

Here you go you fucking weeb:

youtube.com/watch?v=xs69lv0UGNU

Don't say you weren't warned.

Attached: 1644576552418.png (640x640, 723.24K)

Had a feeling it was something like this.

>It's worth noting that (As if Part 2 didn't make it obvious), a mailing list of game journalists called GameJournoPros or something similar was uncovered where reporters from allegedly rival organizations were meeting and discussing how they should all work together to cover the issue described in Part 1.

>Because of this and the reasons listed in 1-3 above, GamerGaters tend to believe that the video game journalism was/is just a bunch of like-minded people who really don't care much about video games using their platforms to PUSH A POLITICAL AGENDA OM AN AUDIENCE THEY WOULDN'T EASILY REACH OTHERWISE. This is why you see game reviews that obsess over 'how much cleavage is too much' or 'the condemnation of western imperialism' instead of talking about the game being fun/original/functioning correctly.

>Also, by asking us to explain ourselves instead of letting a place like Gawker explain us for you, you have been banned from a dozen or so popular subreddits, and are now on several automated lists that will flag you as a Nazi-sympathizer or woman-hater. So, you know. Enjoy that new part of your life.

Attached: EURuVRoWsAAk0zx.jpg (510x522, 47.27K)

Also this: deepfreeze.it/index.php

And finally, for the supreme autismo rabbit hole. There is truly no going back from this.

Attached: GamerGate-2.jpg (1840x4672, 1.43M)

QRD
> Aaron Gjoni geta cheated in
> His gf is sjw with lame game
> Fucked some game journalists who may have given free publicity
> Gamers mad
> Vast overreaction by game journos basically saying gamers are evil white nazis
> Gamers unite and begin persuading sponsors to pull ads from journos
> Second major overreaction indicates literal military industrial funding of journos for propaganda purposes
> Every site nukes it
> Reddit, Any Forums, SA, all of it nukes mention of it
> Even fucking normies noticing this now
> All over some fat slut with the right friends
> Eventually it all peters all with much destruction on each side
> Still the first successful counterattack against sjws in culture at large
> Kotaku sued into bankruptcy
> Fat sjw speaks at UN about online bullying
> Two years pass
> Donald Trump becomes president by the skin of his teeth
> Subsequently a lot of journos get laid off due to lack of funding of propaganda
The redpill in all this is that networks of sjws are quietly funded by the military industrial complex to keep you from doing anything useful politically, and it was almost made common knowledge because some whore fucked some journos who unethically failed to disclose it. The elites hate you and want you to die and are willing to pay to make your video games hate you too

3 minutes in and I'm already not surprised. How do they keep getting away with this?

Attached: 185-1857502_angry-pepe-pepe-the-frog-triggered.png (340x340, 135.71K)

I did warn you. Knowledge of gamergate is a rabbithole that there is truly no turning back from. Once you know what the Marleyans have done, you cannot unknow it.

meme flagging and giving you the short story

>game journalist fucked gamedev
>game journalist gave good review
>gaming community upset at game journalism
>gaming journalism got examined more rigorously
>gaming journalism got somewhat more transparent
>this is how it is still to this day
>gamergate is over

dumbass history branch

>gamedev was a woman
>women are queens
>incels got upset
>leftist start posting moral points
>rightwing smelled blood in the water
>skepticism explodes
>leftist post moral points
>rightwings post logical points
>Onwards toward infinity

Here's what I remember.
>gamers slowly getting more mad that game review scores have nothing to do with if the game is good
>gamers slowly getting more mad that games are shit, devs are shit, journalists are shit
>a journalist gets caught selling her body in exchange for good scores
>Any Forums pounces on the opportunity to use yet another point of real, actual proof against "journalists"
>the jews have a massive fucking meltdown, OY VEY, blood in the streets, every publication printing out shitty fake article after shitty fake article, many of which are copies from other websites uploaded on the exact same fucking second
>while Any Forums is talking about ethics in video games journalism, the jews are in full blown panic damage control divide and conquer mode with their shitty tabloids that pass as "news" these days
>the massive problem plaguing video games, which is the fault of jews inserting gay shit into games, using money and sex to get good reviews to make more money, and other generic kikery, is completely ignored by the press, who make up bullshit jewish narratives about how actually we're the victims and gamers are entitled children who don't deserve to get what they pay for
>the jew crying out as he strikes you, as per usual

to oversimplify, in essense video games are being used by the jew as a tool to extract maximum value out of the populace by lying, also while turning children into objects for them to groom for later rape. when the internet pointed this out, the jew got REALLY upset and had to make shit up.
The entire event was, in fact, literally the holocaust, but for real this time.

Basically: chuds seething because they discovered that journalism is a rigged game and that women use their pussy to climb the ladder

Nothing too amazing, just that it was discovered by a group of people with zero social skills and therefore they chimp out

I made this thread after youtube recommended me some leftist who made an hour long rant about gamers being misogynists.

Attached: tumblr_62b0f153086c4a3fe18841e466fbf201_210ecd35_1280.png (957x1271, 946.47K)

>downplaying the problem.

You will be one of us soon. Just accept that the media is corrupt and you won't have to keep playing these mental gymnastic games.

a disaster where Any Forums was ruined forever as raging incel tourists flooded over to Any Forums then started shitting up the rest of the board. They were having a conniption about girls becoming part of their sekrit video game club which their smoothbrains found intolerable. Any Forums drove them out and over reacted by becoming a coomer shithole which is equally terrible. Raging incel tourists settled in Any Forums

Just from the information posted ITT alone I am already informed enough to know you are full of shit.

How do you not know about Gamergate? I am 19 and I remember it happening. Unironically Gamergate redpilled me. Any other Zoomers get redpilled around this era?

it was unironically about ethics in games journalism because a whole lot of journos and outlets didn't disclose their conflicting intetests and financial relationships with companies.
naturally, the journalism industry zeroed in on some indie game dev who slept with some journo for good reviews and made gamergate out to be muh Any Forums Any Forums incels QQing at women having sex.
Any Forums doesn't give a fuck who you fuck unless there's an undisclosed conflict of interests affecting "games journalism" "reviews"
i mean shit, it's obvious AAA game publishers paid major outlets for good reviews. remember the whole "bad graphics average story 8/10 IGN" meme?

I'm not denying it, it's just that I knew journalism wasn't following ethical guidelines long time ago before gamergate

I worked overnight for a decade. I dont know about shit about the 2010s past...2012 actually.... bros...

gg'r detected. This was also when the meme word switched from autist to cuck and any sort of rational discourse on the board was destroyed because from late 2014 to 2016 75% of posts were just people calling each other cucks. You troglodytes really need to go back.

what made it important was the aftermath. At first glance gamergate might seem like a chimpout, but the autists uncovered the greatest amount of evidence for state media collusion to date.

Well arent you fucking special

An important thing to mention is that GamerGate is what made myself, as well as many other self described gamers, go from being apolitical left leaning libertarian sheep to actively political and right wing. They were content to let the elites ruin the world… until their playthings were fucked with.

It almost certainly had a noticeable effect on the 2016 election.

>What was #GG
Unbearable faggotry.
Pro-Tip: Don't go down that rabbit hole. You'll either find lame memes or get into Microsoft and gamification.

Who wants to bet there are still discord/chat with those autists plotting their next move?

yeah man like who cares about the fact that the world is run by corrupt globalists. Weed lmao.

Attached: oppai2.jpg (917x889, 498.16K)

jewmedia that already control newspaper radio television and cable was doing their pushing into videogames vie their shitty naggy feminist agenda. thats it, the evidence is clear and is real and true. the goal was imposing moral revision on publishers and shit.