Ruble / solution?

Economy expert anons, help me.

I am trying to think how to handle this russian demand of paying in rubles.

If gas is important for those countries, which are consuming it and the contracts are in EUR/USD:

Why this can’t be solved simply by paying as it is in the contract, but russia then buys rubles from the free market?

The effect is the same. Euros are converted into rubles.

Am I missing something?

Attached: 5428DEA8-B728-4362-8DEB-FC276A7C2AB8.png (1360x765, 1.43M)

>Any Forums
>economy experts
lmao.

Russia doesnt want Euros or Dollars anymore as these currencies cant be trusted anymore thanks to their retarded governments.

Sorry, but I ment economy experts

Honestly this is the best place on Any Forums to ask this question since /biz is nothing but shitcoin speculators.

Bump for someone expert to appear

Bump

The jewro and the jewsd are literally worthless. If they stop being circulated they will plummet and cause a chain reaction.

>Trusting (((experts)))
Ngmi

My wild guess is that they expect EU to put more sanctions so they countered it with payments in rubles OR that EU would drop imports if they find some new source so they want to make a profit while they can since India and China will want long term contracts
Basicaly go big or go home on the market
I dont think Putin has something personal about it

You are correct, but exchanging euro's for rubles is difficult because of sanctions.
If gas is paid in euro's it's a problem for Gazprom.
If gas is paid in rubles it's a problem for customers of Gazprom.

It's just a trick to get the sanctions lifted.

Europe has long term contracts.
It's actually a problem if Europe wants to end Russian gas imports in, say, 10 years time.

That's why they are claiming Russia is breaking the contracts by demanding payment in rubles.
If that's the case they are free to end Russian gas imports whenever they want.

The point is to make Europe bend over and get fucked. Sooner or later our greedy governments will give in, if Russia doesn’t collapse first.

If they rip up the contracts, they will have to pay spot price, which is substantially higher.

Because there is no real value for ruble?

It is a imaginary currency and the value is defined by the central bank of russia and those 33 russian state companies which are trading it atm?

Same can be said for USD and EUR they are fake fiat currencies that russia has trouble using so they should demand gold.

Well...Gas6 gorillion Euros/USD-> Gazprom -> liquid foreign assets -> 3gorillion Euros nice yacht for Putin bros bought in euros because in Monaco-> 5 gorillion euros--"Hey we gotta pay these slaves to buy food and not die"-->Currency exchange--> I want to buy 1 gorillion euros of worth of rubbles - ok we sell you 1 rubble for 10^(-1000,000) euro if you give us only 1 gorillion euros....

Now...Gas6 gorillion Euros/USD->Currency exchange--> I want to buy 6 gorillion euros of worth of rubbles - 6 gorillion shit ok we sell you 1 rubble for 10 euros if want rubbles so fucking much...rubble value up

In less retarded terms, the demand for rubbles will increase if EU countries are forced to pay for it in rubbles because if they pay in euros...these euros are not all necessarily converted to rubbles as companies acquiring them may simply hoard a large amount from them in foreign cash reserves especially if they themselves are making/purchasing a lot of things from Europe or in euros.

It's more of a power contest between EU economic institutions/politicians and their Russian counterparts though...see who can hold it for longer. I believe the EU politicians might fail because they're more accountable (I hope) to the people than Putin is to Russians....do you, as a EU citizen want to lose your heating next winter?

Should probably add a disclaimer that I'm not an expert

OK, you go ahead and transport tons of gold back and forth.

They will then also pay less when energy prices are low again.
And Russia will no longer be able to sell long term contracts because nobody will trust those contracts if they get ripped up any time they feel like it.
Which in turn makes it incredibly risky to invest in pipelines.

USD and EUR have value because taxpayers have to pay their governments in those currencies.
Russian don't pay taxes.

No problem actually. What is a problem is getting paid in jEuwros and not being able to use them.

Only reason USD has value is because of oil