Just buy a home, it is so easy… in communist Murrica

Emerson Claus has been building houses for 45 years. But he has never faced delays like he is now trying to get basic building materials. "I had a client ask me to add a door," he says at a job site outside Boston. "We just waited six months to get it."

"That's a door in a frame," Claus says, exasperated. "That's kind of crazy." He says appliances can be even worse. "A dishwasher, if you can find the model you want right now, you might wait two years for it."

By one estimate, the U.S. is more than 13 million homes short of the demand from would-be homebuyers. Pandemic-related supply chain problems aren't helping. They're adding tens of thousands of dollars in cost to the typical house. But the roots of the problem go back much further — to the housing bubble collapse in 2008.

Attached: 5CBC29E7-4E6B-4D18-9247-81A0C24FA729.jpg (1279x1551, 598.22K)

So. Why aren't they making it easier and cheaper to build homes?
Why not remove the hundreds of pages of zoning and construction requirements?
Why not allow multiple families to live in one house in California?

There is a single reason for this shit… mass immigration. If America had cut off mass immigration 15yrs ago, then there wouldn’t be any housing crisis now. Same here in Germany.

Attached: B198FA60-CA7F-47CB-8BDD-C9DAA3DF5173.jpg (273x400, 43.27K)

nice image for ANTS

If we cut zoning rules and the city laws then some local government employees lose their jobs and no city director is going make it far running on the platform of firing city workers, those workers know everyone in the city and will sabotage their campaign to save their careers
Current homeowners are also against it because those laws keep their property value rising
Basically it would fuck over boomers and boomers won't let that happen, they would rather let us be homeless and have houses sit empty than not have their house accumulate value

This is also a factor

faggot could have built a fucking door himself.

>Only willing to pay 30 dollars for a cheap door
>Has to be shipped from china

You get the speed you pay for house building nigger. Want a door sooner pay the fuck up

This is America user, we don't build things
All we do is consoooom

The picture says it all, a white boomer and his illegal mexican employee wondering why millenials aren't buying his overpriced shithouse

How does immigration has anything to do with shortage of supplies you moron? The reason is globalization. When you build all your shit in China and there's a problem in their country, they you don't get supplied. The solution is simple, quite globalization and start building shit locally like it used to be 50 years ago.

Stop asking uncomfortable questions goy. Just rent your home to help fight Current Thing.

> How does immigration has anything to do with shortage of supplies you moron?

You stupid or something? 40 million more people need housing in Murrica because of mass mugration, demand massively outpaces supply - including land supply.

its one of those fags "ive been building houses for 45 years" which really means "i've been paying people to run to lowes and grab shit to bring back and assemble at my direction, for fucksake i don't even know how to operate a nailgun".

>How does immigration has anything to do with shortage of supplies you moron

There is increased demand, according to the article. Increased demand does not cause shortage of supplies, nor is it caused by shortage of supplies. It does cause rising prices, however

>we have a housing shortage
>it’s because of the supply chain
you’re a fucking retard. there’s no need to expand a housing market exponentially with a normal birth rate. mass immigration means rapidly increasing population which in turn leads to an inorganic demand for housing. if you want to talk about birth rates being below replacement level, that’s because of boomers and their unwarranted trust in jewish bankers and politicians making life unreasonably bureaucratic and expensive for following generations. nigger

>immigration
>shortage of supplies
>globalization
I'm just kind of baffled how you use these keywords and get it all so wrong, willfully, dare I say trollfully.

So, this is where you wrong. My country (Anondetopia) has 100 houses. Anondetopia has 1000 migrants coming this year--economic, refugee, etc. There' s a shortage of houses. See? Very simple.

>oh but the supply chain
>outsourcing
>odd no mention of COVID from a NPC

Put simply, more people means less shit. There is like a finite amount of lithium, oil, and patience people have for aliens who deserve to be crucified and burned.

I doubt the frech immigrants are buying houses. The article says that it takes months to receive a dooror a dishwasher they have ordered to finish the house. So there is the problem, supply from China has stalled because of COVID and now even more with the war in Ukraine. Enjoy gobalization

Attached: 1638955946009.jpg (1080x839, 237.71K)

But i literally just remodeled my rental to sell it last winter and had zero issues getting anything like doors or kitchen appliances. Home depot had like 30 of every appliance.

That’s like asking Arabs to pump more oil and sell it cheaper. Why?

Don't they build houses out of cardboard and spit already? How much cheaper can you get?

>Governments of all white nations bring in 400000 brown people per year for 7 years
Oh gee I wonder why demand for housing and appliances is up?