/SFPF/ SPENT FUEL POOL FIRES. Death on the doorstep?

With the increased interest once again in nuclear power, the nagging question on our minds is potential long term risks over short term gains.

One of those is Zirconium Fires where spent fuel when cut off from a constant resupply of coolant will ignite its cladding and disperse contents into the air in some (most? All?) Nuclear power plants when disrupted by natural disasters and systemic power failure that lasts longer than the 30 day diesel back up can provide to continuously service the spent fuel pools with fresh coolant.

What do you guys think? Is it true/false? over/underhyped?

Interview with Paul Blanch (50 year veteran in nuclear industry) over concealed nuclear risks.
youtu.be/T7iV5gFCK70

Attached: 63ecaf4b-1c1a-43d1-ab42-b1d8fc0e0f01-2018-07-24_-_Pickering_wet_bay_-_AIFB_CobaltHarvesting_108_2.jpg (2352x1568, 607.03K)

You'd need a really powerful natural disaster to disable a nuclear reactor from being able to generate it's own power

Many are at sea level and so are vulnerable to tsunamis and potentially even rising seas if GW is non-linear and an ice shelf collapses raising levels by metres within a decade. Also net energy collapse due to post peak energy.

Suppose also the hype about solar flares/ coronal mass ejections

Just enforce each sation to store its own fuel under bedrock and allow them only in areas you're ok to have nature reserve for few hundread years.

Most nuclear reactors can be operated analog/manually in case of a emergency

Yes the diesel back up generators? 30 day supply. But in an event that lasts longer than the back up supply of fuel?

nuclear power is the only true green energy
your precious batteries and windmills generate toxic waste which are given to nigger countries to throw into lakes
nuclear waste secured by white countries appear like sesame seeds compared to the mt everest of burning coal each day

Or put another way, we have experienced isolated failures in just a couple of nuclear power plants -- but if they all suffered at once due to a widescale long term impact, that may strain the ability to maintain them

You'd think they'd have priority shipment for diesel?
If need be the military could even be called in to help

Not denying that, you're right. Bright Green Lies

if that happened society as a whole would be shitting and dying so it's kind of a moot point

Pebble bed reactors can't overheat, as far as I know.

Well it's more so about what comes after that society, will it bathe survivors in contamination for generations and retard all their offspring and cause crops to fail or not

Nuclear power is safe....until it isn't.

Maybe that doesn't, I haven't heard of it myself / limited knowledge. I wonder what the breakdown is of existing power plants. Most are in Europe and North America so if they all have SFPs they may be a problem for Americans and Europeans.

Attached: x5ekpT5isGT7tZPF-H4Hv4W5Tg2HuLCNt51EHhfXkGU.jpg (1968x945, 426.16K)

Hopefully they don't all become sources of contaminants

Fake and gay. Kys renewable kike

Are you illiterate. Who's pushing renewables? I sure as shit am not.

18 posts, 10 by you shitting on nuclear. You're a shill and should end your life.
Herbed and kys faggot

I suppose you're one of those people who doesn't wipe their ass or flush the toilet after having a shit. Let someone else deal with it

How fucking retarded are you? You have to be a kike

Reading comprehension of a fucking 5 year old.

Hello fellow UUUU chad