Declining Living Standards

Let's be honest guys, the standards of living enjoyed by the working class in the 19th and 20th centuries are historically anomalous. They were a product of levee en masse being necessary to maintain the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the nation. The rights of citizenship and welfare states to provide high standards of living were the carrot to justify conscription to the peasants.

However, warfare is increasingly professionalized and specialized. The situation now is closer to that of the middle ages or renaissance, where you have a nobility, a professional fighting class, a small middle class concentrated in a handful of relevant cities, and a bunch of proles in the countryside. The proles are no longer necessary, so the ruling class sees no need to cater to them like they did in the last century. Unfortunately, I think the last few decades have been the high water mark and we're returning to a more natural state of affairs - which unfortunately involves the relative immiseration of hundreds of millions in wealthy countries, and the outright immiseration of the third world.

Is there any realistic way to halt or reverse the proletarianization of most of the developed world?

Attached: smith-ruin-quote.jpg (474x474, 32.81K)

This is doomer nonsense that shows a complete unawareness of the meaning of the quote from Adam Smith. He was rejecting the doomer view espoused by a friend at the time, who though England was "ruined" due to the cost of the wars with Napoleon. This was sensible because British debt in 1815 makes US debt in 2022 seem like couch change. But the explosion of productivity of the industrial revolution, which Britain was the epicenter of, solved the problem entirely and the UK enjoyed it's golden century.

The same will happen again.

So, where is that untapped potential in the modern US like coal was for the British Empire?

I dunno, maybe the golden age of robotics we're currently entering, or the mass proliferation of AI, both of which might combine to create a new age of self-operating machines that revolutionize productivity the same as electrification.

But here is a thing
Human will be irrelrvant by it

Your Nation has fallen.

90% of the population was employed in agriculture circa 1800. Now it's less than 2%. Does this mean 88% of the population is irrelevant and unemployed?

Yes, it was an anomaly because Juju Bongos calmed down and it can continue to be a trend if they get killed or have other types of “special treatments”.

Well, time to kill the rich and take their stuff again . . .

Attached: ss-160906-laos-bombs-mn-09.jpg (2500x1667, 3.52M)

Probably 50% are working irrelevant jobs. The top 10% of the country only really need a small class of gig servants and luxury good makers to support their lifestyles.

How many people do you need to support your lifestyle? Is everyone else a pointless eater?

Tell that to the fed

And since you are a bunch of negroids, it has to be done in a very systematic way (attacking your gibs, mafias, war crimes, crimes against humanity, scams, …) to avoid controlled opposition, dindu nuffins and victimism.
Of course everything is carefully rigged so stupid normies will never allow it to happen.

If the rich had it their way, it would be them (the top quintile) and then their needs taken care of by the bottom quintile of helots. And then maybe another 10% as overseers for the underclass.

If the rich had their way, they'd probably cut the population in half and so they don't have to deal with the uppity middle-class chuds anymore. You already see the elimationist rhetoric - "Meat is a treat, you (the proletarianized white middle class) will eat the lentils and sell your pickup." The only reason I think they haven't is because the current economic system is contingent on infinitely growing markets.

So? What does what I was saying have to do with the desires of the rich?

My point is that, as far as the ruling class is concerned, roughly half the population ARE pointless eaters.

peace comes through war, unfortunately, and the standard of living is only attainable with a new pax americana

As far as I'm concerned, more than half are. So? Just because I think X is pointless means...what?

You're part of the class that the ruling class wants to exterminate or proletarianize. Don't you think that's a problem?

Try 80 percent

>the same will happen again
hear that fellas? two more weeks until the first industrial revolution. I may just buy myself a printing press.

Okay...but what does that have to do with the % of people working in agriculture now vs. 200 years ago?

the printing press was invented in the Renaissance tard

No it won't you faggot. We're not just going magically start manufacturing things all over the US again, our elite much prefer having child slaves in third world shitholes make our stuff instead and there's no reason for them to change that.