Ghetto Greenhouse cont’d

We had a lot of great discussions in the last thread, I’m just baking to continue after we hit post limits, let’s keep this going Anons.

I’m dropping this again, the “AHHH FOOD SHORTAGES” thread got archived after reaching post limits, I enjoyed the conversations in the thread and nobody baked a new one.

I present to you my poorfag greenhouse that has been extremely efficient, I have a small house and limited space. I am sure I will get a shit load of criticism, but I wanted to share with anons thinking about starting their own garden. This is a cost effective GH to get started.

>$40 portable greenhouse
>$23 two pack of grow lights from menards
>$2.99 Mylar blanket from Walmart
>cheap clip fan
>tape
>zip ties

With rising food prices, I would appreciate anons tips and tricks to help me, and I will reply as much as possible to help you.
>inb4 you need acres
Parsley is $1+ a small ass bundle and I can grow it easily - herbs are extremely easy to grow with little lighting.
Please contribute to a wholesome thread.

I’m dropping this again, the “AHHH FOOD SHORTAGES” thread got archived after reaching post limits, I enjoyed the conversations in the thread and nobody baked a new one.

I present to you my poorfag greenhouse that has been extremely efficient, I have a small house and limited space. I am sure I will get a shit load of criticism, but I wanted to share with anons thinking about starting their own garden. This is a cost effective GH to get started.

>$40 portable greenhouse
>$23 two pack of grow lights from menards
>$2.99 Mylar blanket from Walmart
>cheap clip fan
>tape
>zip ties

With rising food prices, I would appreciate anons tips and tricks to help me, and I will reply as much as possible to help you.
>inb4 you need acres
Parsley is $1+ a small ass bundle and I can grow it easily - herbs are extremely easy to grow with little lighting.
Please contribute to a wholesome thread.

Old bread:

Attached: 933F0B6C-C268-4327-8B4A-851C432C36C5.jpg (719x959, 205.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/co6iW_ji6sU
youtube.com/watch?v=v88gbtKBTv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOO
-Jeb gardener
-Sprouting pulses
Look it up.

Attached: 1640287959397.png (184x207, 74.57K)

Bumping. going to start some spouts that i had forgotten about.

Since I got a ton of posts about this last bread - This is for starting a garden to transplant outdoors. I don’t plan to live off of this, but with rising food prices due to inflation, it’s an easy cheap start to a healthy garden.
>inb4 Sasquatch posts
My dog isn’t a Sasquatch. He’s a good boy and dindunuffin.

Thanks fellers let’s get this rollin

To add to this for Zoomers who never go outside, the big plants at the bottom are tomatoes, not dude weed.

Iz gud fren, congrats

Link to food shortages thread.

Thanks for bumping user I appreciate you.

Watch for tomato worms, they will kill plants in single night, they are camouflage and hide umder leaves, must kill them, learn how to defeat, this is most important, if defeat the worm jew garden will survive, if not it'll be red October

yup, started some seeds the other day.

anyone know a place online for getting cheaper sprouts?

You too fren, I have lots of seeds, I will grow stuff this year, chilis maybe cantaloupe and peas, tomato, whatever I can, tried potatoes can't seem to get them past little ones

I buy seeds and start from there, I’m not sure of sprouts, but I’m curious too if anyone can help a nigga out.

I had bigass tomatoes like that and they got too big for indoors too soon in the season.
Do you plan on putting them outside?

Best place i find is local nursery, early in year like this best plants nice leafy green plants, later thry are dry and 2 out of five usually die

We have great tips in the last bread, you need to make your soil more acidic more than likely, and have a loose or more loamy soil.
Here is a video for container potatoes that worked really well for me, best of luck to you.
youtu.be/co6iW_ji6sU

Thanks fren

My bad I thought I posted it in that, yes I have raised beds they’re going into. I live in Nebraska so I’m still a few weeks out from last frost date.

spinosad takes care of tomato worms.

Ahem anons again just buy a hydroponic tower or DIY one from home depot. It’s easy-everyone here who doesn’t have a food growing system needs to buy one of these TODAY from Amazon. Horticulture and fertilizers will skyrocket very soon

Attached: 7C756F57-FFC0-4112-B7B7-48E0D8A7B6D8.jpg (859x1280, 184.18K)

Spinosad? Need to look that up, thanks

Is that a common thing? I’ve never had issues, I use diluted neem oil as a preventative for a lot of things so that might be why.

Good post user.

Here worms are very bad, kills all plants especially tomatoes eat whole plant one night will even attack chilis cabbage, even hanging tomato plants, huge fuckers, they grow triple in size overnight as they eat, scary monsters like dune worms for spice, American southwest problem i guess

love me some pea shoots

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-28 10.15.10 PM.png (435x367, 330.61K)

secret weapon of gardening: mycorrhizal fungi

>qrd
youtube.com/watch?v=v88gbtKBTv4

Attached: 6376325.jpg (1140x480, 62.31K)

I have pea seeds, will try this year, beans easy to grow, hope is same

Get some seed sprouts.
>mung bean
>organzo bean
>pea
and sprout them in large gallon jars. unlimited bean sprouts.

Based mycofag. That’s how I got into gardening desu - mycelium is doing Gods work everyday.

Can clip and eat sprouts and then again?

Elaborate sir.

Not unlimited, sorry. But something like 1 cup of beans turn into 7+ cups of sprouts.

Grow lights and foil makes plants from seed grow, then transplant to yard outside

Thats good, is better than full beans? I would figure beans would be better for the seeds you can gather

No shit. His comment was vague af.

See shelf is wire so naturally draining, it's good idea, cheap grow light but mylar blanket so works gud