/PHPG/ Plant Health Pyramid General

Nutrient deficiencies are the leading cause of wrong political opinions. That's why onions faggots have the opinions they do. A healthy mind needs a healthy body and today we are going to discuss the proper way to grow food. Yes this is goddamn political.

youtube.com/watch?v=D1wJefaFrVI

Attached: edgy brav.jpg (750x1000, 65.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0308814614006955#:~:text=Fucus spiralis, Porphyra sp.,edible Azorean macroalgae (EAM).&text=EAM are rich source of,acids and essential amino acids.&text=Intake of EAM allied with,pollution will improve human health.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1360138513002598
amazon.com/Quickun-Silicone-Brewing-Kegerator-Aquaponics/dp/B08BQZMW8D/
amazon.com/Stainless-CellarBrew-Diffusion-Oxygenation-Carbonating/dp/B07TDH2FNY
amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-2-Gallon-Heritage-Hill/dp/B000KKI7GY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LETS GET GARDENING BOYS

grow weed too big barter item and hemp has endless uses

Attached: 1643499903739.jpg (528x618, 78.65K)

bump

Attached: 12560295923.jpg (868x1059, 204.54K)

I'm going to try my hand at some tobacco to grow as a small cash crop and for smoking.
>virginia gold
>virginia red
>Black samsun turkish
>perique
Are what I have started in seed trays ATM.

If you want to grow a useful amount of food in an apartment, macro algae is pretty good. Use stainless steel brewing bubblers and silicone tubes for the air. It is an aquired taste, but can definitely provide some fresh stuff to go along with the stonkpile of rice & beans

Attached: chaeto1.jpg (1000x1000, 533.75K)

interesting
sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0308814614006955#:~:text=Fucus spiralis, Porphyra sp.,edible Azorean macroalgae (EAM).&text=EAM are rich source of,acids and essential amino acids.&text=Intake of EAM allied with,pollution will improve human health.

chad self roller, shoutout buglers

Lmao I used to smoke those when I was like 14. I am not gonna give anymore money to phillip-morris if I can help it.

i learned to roll on them bad boys back when i was like 19, ill always have special spot in my heart for em even though i quit the cigjew

The word of the day is EXUDATES. Learn this and you can grow anything.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1360138513002598

Chaeto grows exponentially and in a small fish tank, if you keep the temperature, and lighting just right you can harvest several pounds per week. Some people use coils of LEDs to wrap s chaeto cylinder. Its totally symbiotic with the fishies providing food and oxygen in exchange for their literal shit. The biggest issue if you want daily seaweed salad is keeping a food grade tank.

Aquaponics is the best bang for buck. You can literally build them with shit you find in Walmart.

I can't quit the cigjew so I will be the cigjew.

For algae, I bought glass jars and brewing grade aerators. The tubes and stones at Walmart/PetSmart are toxic and they taste awful. I am using a standard aquarium pump with Glass/stainless/silicone system.

I meant as a small test setup. You are right about toxicity being a concern when it comes to materials for a system producing food you are going to eat.

I did that, and I actually spent more on the test system and now I have a bunch of useless shit.

The proper starting material for growing chaeto costs about $100

Do it right and you can start eating your own home grown seaweed in 2 weeks

Bumping for knowledge.

My test was:
£10 = 3 plastic totes
£4 = 1 reel of garden hose
£5 = 1 bag of pebbles
£4 = A tiny pump off Ebay

The pump ran off an old mobile charger and I got some fish out the canal and grew celery, onions, basil and thyme. Had it running for 6 months and the fish survived on bugs I caught in a trap above the tank. Well worth the outlay.

These are the basic items below. Obviously buy from someone other than Amazon when possible

amazon.com/Quickun-Silicone-Brewing-Kegerator-Aquaponics/dp/B08BQZMW8D/

amazon.com/Stainless-CellarBrew-Diffusion-Oxygenation-Carbonating/dp/B07TDH2FNY

amazon.com/Anchor-Hocking-2-Gallon-Heritage-Hill/dp/B000KKI7GY

And then you apply heating to the outside of the container. Chaeto likes 70F to 90F

Your setup sounds decent, I'm actually talking about a very different system from you, my system is to grow algae for myself and or animals to directly consume. I'm actually very concerned about the plastic in common garden systems, it degrades alot and ends up in the food and environment. Glass and stainless lasts forever without pollution.

Yeah I was talking about aquaponics in general. Specific crops require specific setups, but you have to learn the basics. My system looked like picrel. 3 tanks. The one on the right had the pump and no fish. This fed up to the top tank which was filled with pebbles and had the plants. There was also a length of garden hose with one end inside the tank and the other going through a hole to the bottom tank. So as the top tank filled up the hose became a syphon. The bottom left tank had the fish and another piece of hose which was primed as a constant syphon to the right bottom tank. This piece of hose was shielded on both sides by more pebbles to stop the fish swimming up it. The trick was to pump slower than the top tank would drain, I cut a hole in the pump hose for that and accidently created a swirling current in the pump tank that kept the water fresh and aerated.

Attached: aqua.png (883x710, 70.21K)