/mjcg/ - Mason Jars and Canning General

What are the political implications of canned pickled eggs becoming more valuable than their weight in silver in the not too distant future?

Politically speaking, what are the implications that THERE WILL NOT BE ENOUGH mason jars for everyone?

Mason jars and canning general.

Attached: 5354e0910ce51bee457539a1724f7570[1].jpg (696x1024, 185.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm actually doing okay keeping jars in stock, bur I can't for the fuck of me get lids or rings.
I have a conspiracy they have done something with the glass and want you to switch to the newer ones...

I'm new to this... are lids and rings not as easy to re-use?

Nothing ever happens

I love pickled eggs.
Ill buy that big jar of pickles.
Once ive eaten them all, ill boil some eggs and drop em in. Delicious.

Salsa, pickles, olives, queso, etc etc all come in glass jars. You...You havent been throwing them away have you?

is it really that easy? do you even need to do anything with the pickle juice? how long will they last?

That easy.
Idk. I usually eat them all after a few months.
They get the flavor and firmness and color in just a few days. But, three months and its all soaked in.

I sell them, I can keep the jars stocked but I can't get any lids or seals for the shelf. That's what I meant, I've got my own stash

You don't understand.
You don't need "special" glass jars or lids.
You buy them all the time if you buy jelly salsa etc.
Quit being wastefull

No, you don't understand.
I'm saying that I sell jars at the store I own, and I am able to keep jars in stock to sell. But I cannot get lids or seals.
Inventory, not home use issues

Ragu and a lot of spaghetti sauces did change a bunch to plastic containers in the last few years

Death to israel

Are you being deliberately retarded? No shit that most of your salsa, jelly, pickle jars etc... have the same screw top threading as you get on a canning jar. The issue is that most of the store bought items have metal or plastic lids where the lid and screw top are a single monolithic piece. These are unsuitable for canning with a home setup. You absolutely need a separate flat lid and screw ring or you are rolling the dice on botulism big time.

Attached: Look pal I dont set the fares ok.jpg (526x567, 73.73K)

how exactly does the home process work? I've not actually done it ever. does the heat cause a lot of the air inside the jar to escape from the finger-tight ring seal, then when cool, the flat lid gets vacuum sealed to the jar?

>You absolutely need a separate flat lid and screw ring or you are rolling the dice on botulism big time.
Why does it matter?
They've all got the pop up lids now indicating if the seal's been broken, which means they were sealed with hot product inside just like canning.
And bacterial colonies are pretty easy to spot.

>their weight in silver
Was hoping to hijack this into a silver thread. anyone?

Not owning atleast 1 5QT fermentation crock…ngmi.

>canning eggs
>not canning meat using a pressure cooker
You aren’t going to make it brother.

any good recipes? I have a good amount of meat in the freezer. can it be canned and stored at room temp?

Mason Jars worship Moloch and have gay sex with animals.

Not all glass is the same user, Canning jars are thicker and made of tempered glass (Think Pyrex) that deals with the pressure, and temperatures in canning across multiple cycles more so than the commercial glass that these one time use containers are meant for.

Sure they'll work, once, twice, maybe even three times, but that one time you lose a pound of meat because your pickle gar shattered in the canner, you'll be kicking yourself.

checked. Yes you can home meat. Hamburger doesn't taste good to me after being home canned so I just do beef roasts and chicken.

Pic related is some home made spaghetti sauce I canned a while back.

Attached: 20200811_111530.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

You can re-use the rings to your hearts content, you're not supposed to re-use the lids though as the wax ring might not seal as well.

I'm making beef jerky out of ground beef.

Deer jerky, pickled eggs and nerf-darts will be the new currency. If society collapses woman will reluctantly have to choose between fulfilling their role as trad wife/mother or starvation. The homo's won't fair to well.

Things have changed.

Attached: 749391FD-DA2A-4662-8836-61E308657E74.jpg (640x1136, 222.55K)

How long do chicken and quail eggs last pickled?

The rings rust out too.

user, commercial glass is meant for one time usage for that one heat cycle to seal once. They are not tempered like canning jars and do not often survive the canning process, especially for those of us at higher elevations with higher pressure requirements. While they may work, there is a reason that there is a purpose built product like canning jars that will stand up to multiple heat and pressure cycles over many years of use.

just dry the shit out, wetbrains

thanks... what kind of things can you store at room temp after a good (real) canning? usually I am just making stuff, putting it in the jars while it's hot, letting it cool, then pulling the air out with my vacuum sealer, then putting them in the freezer.

should I be proper canning everything, even if I am going to freeze it?

There are vacuum pumps that will reseal them. You even get the button pop again.
Plus you will still sanitize them prior to use...unless you're an idiot. And by me having to explain this....

Then why not use kidney fat as to seal the top off instead?

Hmmm...Well then that changes nothing.
Just don't buy them dingus.

This is true, until then though they're g2g. Which can easily be a few dozen cycles.

I CANNOT READ FROM THE FUCKING CAMERA ICON YOU NIGGER FUCKER

Attached: 1623841487579.gif (162x162, 100.1K)

Yes you can retard just zoom in faggot

A lot of things can be made shelf stable this way, the USDA has a free recipe book (Link below). or search for "USDA Canning guide" with your engine of choice

nchfp.uga.edu/publications/publications_usda.html

There are many things you can home can. You just want to keep it in a cool dry place, in the dark. Light, heat, and humidity are the enemies of your food storage, it's a general rule.

I have pears, apple pie filling, roast beef, chicken, tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, peas, beans, hot peppers and onions in olive oil, several types of jellies/jams all home canned and in my basement pantry. It is all stored at ambient temperature, so the fall/winter it's in the 50's but in the summer it's in the low 60's in my basement.

Whatever you do, be sure you're following a trusted processing time for home pressure canning, don't take shortcuts.

Attached: Ball-Canning-Book.jpg (800x800, 124.46K)