Grow/pol/ general /GPG/: Soon it will be too late to plan and start your garden AGAIN edition

President Biden peeped out of his hole and saw his shadow and forecasts food scarcity. How are you protecting yourself from this? Anybody can start gardening just to practice at least. Even if you live in an apartment. But if you have a yard it’s time to make or expand the garden.

Attached: 343FF736-36B4-4CE2-9F81-53FA9AD8C738.jpg (1280x960, 548.28K)

Here’s what it looked like last august.

Attached: 0283D6F3-CFBB-4C20-AEBE-9E26B6372EF8.jpg (1280x960, 707.07K)

And here’s how I am going to make it even better this year.

Attached: 1E07FA79-B0CF-48DD-8A64-DE421F9863CC.jpg (1280x960, 572.16K)

Here is my prediction for the year: seed shortage.

I want to set up some cheap trellising this year, what would you use or look for?
Start saving your own!

Kek mature fruit/nut trees are so superior to gardens. Dont get me wrong I love hobby gardening but that isnt going to feed shit if you had a major problem.

Someone who likes leek.

I'd tease about impregnating your mom with my seed, but have a wholesome bumb instead.

just hurricane fencing, you can get scraps cheap

it's all kinds of onions, shallots, leeks yes and garlic and all their allies

i still have 20+ pounds from last year in perfect shape

food scarcity, user, if you don't experience it the africans who come to stay will have

Thanks

Attached: 1641874297242.jpg (1024x574, 103.03K)

what are you growing user? this thread should help people, for years i have made grow/pol/ threads to try to get people to grow food or just learn how it works at least

the president is saying get ready to tighten your belt, are you going to? i'm not

I'm just throwing beans while it's raining.

Attached: IMG_20220328_134322.jpg (3952x1872, 2.67M)

did you activate those beans user?

Rainwater is my secret ingredient.

Attached: IMG_20220323_110430.jpg (1872x3952, 3.67M)

Nice one!
How do you store all of it;
dark, cool and dry?

based, those little buggers are even more efficient than rabbits or chickens if you raise them for meat

The trellis will be for cucumbers and maybe watermelon. I'm also starting an orchard this year. I tried to take softwood cuttings last year and fucked it up. I want to try again this year with mulberries.

Doing mostly peppers this year, have to wait until temp gets into 70s

I have a produce rack in my basement.

Attached: 55-120__1_642x642.jpg (642x642, 24.27K)

You can start them indoors a little bit before growing season is official and give them a head start

Make an a frame from 4x 6 foot sticks and one 8-12 footer with twine. Sticks should br essy to scroung unless youre sn apartment dweller

checked, if you look in the pic I posted of my back yard in OP in the cobalt planter is a mulberry that I grew from a twig, a white one, i just put it into a much bigger planter (24" diameter, the lens makes everything look very small, the greenhouse is 6'4" at the peak)

Plan on getting fat off the land this year

Is there anything I can just plant in clay
I looked into buying soil compost fertilizer etc and it seemed insanely expensive compared to expected output

It's the best way, supermarket veg is shit quality and food service is even worse. I can eat some of my kale and feel this rush of vitamins and energy, try the same thing with kale from the store and it's nothing, and if you get a prepared meal? You can feel the chi being sucked out of your body.

you mean your soil is clay? mix some straw and bull manure in equal parts and till the crap out of it a few times

the russia shit is a half world away, this is much more serious and even if people are allocated food, the market will shift a lot away as will current liberal policies, you should have stuff to eat

a healthy diet is a healthy mind and this is political

Sweet! If I get any good at it, everyone I know is getting fruit trees as gifts.

With just an apartment, I once used paracord and made decent trellising by tying it back and forth in a corner on my deck