Ghetto Greenhouse for Poorfags

I’m dropping this again, the “AHHH FOOD SHORTAGES” thread got archived after reaching post limits, I enjoyed the conversations in the thread and nobody baked a new one.

I present to you my poorfag greenhouse that has been extremely efficient, I have a small house and limited space. I am sure I will get a shit load of criticism, but I wanted to share with anons thinking about starting their own garden. This is a cost effective GH to get started.

>$40 portable greenhouse
>$23 two pack of grow lights from menards
>$2.99 Mylar blanket from Walmart
>cheap clip fan
>tape
>zip ties

With rising food prices, I would appreciate anons tips and tricks to help me, and I will reply as much as possible to help you.
>inb4 you need acres
Parsley is $1+ a small ass bundle and I can grow it easily - herbs are extremely easy to grow with little lighting.
Please contribute to a wholesome thread.

Attached: ED9F1F71-886B-447E-98FE-D5CBD985931F.jpg (719x959, 205.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

westsidegardener.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous archived thread.

great job user have a bump

Appreciate you.

herbs are a luxury item in a world facing food shortages. you need calorie dense foods like potatoes, beets, squash, etc.

Uhhh okay. Sure i did herb last year. Need to think smaller

Wholesome post of utility to our survival.

Attached: 1624188116058.jpg (500x417, 47.13K)

So instead of bitching, share knowledge. Potatoes can be grown very easily, I’ve done 5gal bucket tek, you just need to add a sulfur supplement to make the soil pH more acidic, potatoes thrive in slightly acidic soil. So instead of shitting up my thread with your bullshit post, how about you contribute something? Nobody asked your opinion faggot, the catalog link is at the top of the page. Go to a BBC or “YT PPL MAD” thread, this isn’t a demoralization thread cockboi.

Attached: 20220321_205649.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

nothing to contribute but have a bump and godspeed in the coming nothing ever happens

Attached: joker.png (447x447, 512.16K)

>luxury item
Less than 20 dollars worth of pre-mixed garden soil and like 3-6 square feet of space and you have your spices, user.
Some of you citipartment niggers I pity you, you really are trying and I respect it but ffs, some of these microgrows are kek worthy. Do like 20 of these bucket-tater set ups and you're getting somewhere.
Nonetheless bump, good thread hope it goes somewhere.

How are the smart pots? I don’t grow cannabis, but I have heard great things.

I grow food in a 400sq/ft garden and it doesn't even come close to meeting my caloric needs. It's a hobby and for the most part allows some independence and access to food not made with poison.

Good for you, I'm impressed! I was thinking of doing something similar in my own home. Since the electricity and gas prices have rocketed recently I was thinking about growing inside next winter so that I benefit from the heat of the lamps as well as the food. I have lettuce, rocket and peppers starting in the house just now.

seethe more, newfag.

westsidegardener.com/

here's your extra bump and all you need to know about gardening. now keep your faggot threads off this board.

Attached: 1616624307625.jpg (901x1280, 386.78K)

You’re correct, but every penny counts user. Please contribute knowledge you have to the thread.

Attached: 20220202_205843.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

Nice tomatoes and nice dog. Unironically growing weed in this greenhouse is probably going to make so much money that you can buy expensive black market food when rationing comes into force. But really if you want to grow food for your own consumption, cabbage is a good idea. It may not be calorie dense but we live in a world where calories are cheap and in my opinion you should focus on cultivating nutritious food, especially if space is a big concern (just look at how much land is used globally for cultivating high-calorie foods vs fruit/vegetables if you don't believe me).
Cabbages can be grown in a good range of climates, planted at various times of the year and harvested at any time of year which is probably why they have been such an important staple since the dawn of agriculture. They're so easy to grow that I'm not giving any more help. Just buy some seeds and follow the instructions.

You need to study the art of butchering and preparing "long pork"

Attached: 1642560179854m.jpg (1024x683, 120.47K)

KNF Farming
Google Dr. Cho natural farming

Stay butt hurt goy and fuck off.

Checked.
It’s good for the soul and it’s cheap to do. I also love to cook so it’s beneficial, and I have connected with several of my neighbors doing this, so it’s a community thing as well. Just get started and do what you can.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread thus far. God Bless you.

not bad

Attached: 0787895654712.jpg (1139x847, 235.87K)

I thought your dog was a bigfoot arm.

That's a great looking project, seriously. If it suits your needs, more power to you. Only tips I have are about seed starting mix. Lots of people lose seedlings to "damping off" caused by fungus that doesn't bother mature plants. Microwaving your starer mix and bottom-wattering are two ways to help prevent this.

FYI, you can get a 2x4x6tall tent made from heavy mylar with a zipper for under 100 bucks shipped. The 2x2 ones are more expensive. A lot of online hydro stores sell them at cost because they expect you to buy a light and carbon filter.

I don’t grow cannabis, I only have a variety of tomatoes, sweet and lemon basil, autumn burst sunflowers, jalapeños, bell peppers, Shasta daisies (for the fiancée), some pepperonchinis (spelling?) for my grandpa, and some other succulents and shit for the time being. I live in Nebraska so it’s still too cold to plant outside, but I am very happy with how the shit GH has turned out. Even with the cold temps in the garage where it’s at, the GH stays warm and humid. Like I said, I don’t have much space so it works well for me. Thanks for your post user.

Impressive, unfortunately e en though I live in a legal state I live in a condo without a backyard to do an operation of that size.

Side question sorry, but what kind of dog is that it looks beutiful

I came to post this lmao

You can grow potatoes in garbage bags full of soil. It's an easy way to harvest as well.

Attached: potato.jpg (640x640, 84.98K)

Gotta have airflow over the top soil especially as you go into warmer months. Gnats love to lay eggs in constantly moist soil. If it's drying out in between they won't be able to reliably. Plus this provides more air to the roots. I usually oscillate a fan not directly on them but against a wall that provides a breeze.

Same

Naw, he’s just a Belgian Tervuren and a good boy. He is fuzzy though.

Fabric pots are great if you're willing to water slightly more often. Its a good tradeoff if you have varieties that like dry soils or have root rot tendencies. A well designed soil usually solves those problems too, but the fabric pots are an option.