Canning food is IMPOSSIBLE now

For anyone paying attention, it is becoming almost impossible to start canning food. Why? Because Mason Jars are out of stock everywhere you go. Assuming you can find a Ball Mason Jar that is 32oz or greater, you will pay 5-6x the price. What the fuck is going on?

Attached: 8517D842-6E64-4D6A-89DC-F0C7FBD75F3D.jpg (1170x890, 552.14K)

Is canning food the new hipster Etsy trend or are people, consciously or otherwise, realizing shit is about to hit the fan with food supply?

>canning food with a specific type of har is the only way to preserve food

kys amerifat

Gross. How fucking poor are you that you’re canning food?

You dumb stupid bitch you think ball is the only option.

joe biden literally said that food shortages were about to get a lot worse, or course people are attempting to get into the canning game at the 11th hour.
fact is; unless you already have hundreds of jars and lids stored for this occassion; you're shit out of luck, there will be no more restocking of a helpful degree

oh shit nigger

good thing i have 100 of these and a shit load of new tops and rings

>canning your own food in glass nearly for free
vs
>buying globohomo food if you can even find it

Ball is the best quality mason jar out there. I’m not buying some made in China shit. KYS

One schizo theory of mine is they're buying useful prep items off the market before the shit hits the fan
For example, we're told a cyber crisis is coming and raspberry pi's were bought off the market half a year ago and they're not coming back

amazon.com/Ball-Mason-Jar-Regular-Jars/dp/B014V7RSE8

Why wouldn't these work?

>gross
you realize that food existed for thousands of years before modern preservation and refridgeration techniques; right? creating and storing your own foodstuffs is the norm for human civilization; we've only just recently changed that

I just picked up 48 more quart-sized jars yesterday with my groceries. The shelf was stock with every size. I order my lids and rings online.

(((mason))) jars

Canning is for poor Appalachian rednecks only. No one wants your moldy okra or shitty jams that taste like ass.

You will eat these words in the coming months. They will not be filling.

They're going to find many creative ways of fucking with us.
Last year it wasn't the jars it was the flat lids.
I bought a stash but then guess what? shitty veggie season ruined my plans anyway.
There was one year I didn't even get a single potato from 7 plants.

You'd be surprised how many people can food, even before covid shortages started. People definitely horde the lids, and many people have resorted to buying the jars to get them. That's why the jars are all gone.

troll
bait

>in stock at every grocery near me
>even jewmart
>"no iodinesalt" threads again

i think they are doing this for real, yes.
There's always some little component of something that is out of stock.

If they have them near you, stock up. I live in a major metropolitan area and there are none in stock at Walmart, target, Home Depot, etc. Same thing goes for my parents in another state.

Where will I store candied Australian Limes if there's no Jars?

Attached: Desert Lime Whole - Frozen.jpg (225x225, 7.24K)

Hold the fucking phone Abdul, those sound delicious. Are they expensive and how long do they keep?

Then buy some lids and flip them for 5 times their sticker price. I'll wait, since you're full of shit, and ball and kerr haven't packed/sold individual wide mouth lids for over 20 months. They all go on the jars now.

I pickle more than can, so i have a bunch of sauce jars that I reuse

Fun fact OP.
Lots, and I mean lots of stuff comes in glass jars.
In fact, you might have a few right.
Whats that? Youve been throwing them away?
Thats dumb.

How I can tell you’re an incel. If you brought home a female and she found canned shit in your cabinets, she would leave the place screaming. Only poor people and Silence of the Lambs type can food or eat canned food (home canned not grocery store metal can)

I remmeber that last year too. The jews fucked up my garden somehow. My potatos and cucumber never grew