Did the US lose the Vietnam War?

Buddy of mine says the United States lost the war on many accounts in Vietnam but I’m not sure whether to agree with him or not. What do you y’all think?

Attached: CF1D80B4-65B0-48DB-AB37-71C60F872350.jpg (2000x1308, 528.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CNSGscCeMUw?t=61
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNebYfhUJME
youtube.com/watch?v=2eHOwwdfyDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

we lost everything in the 60s

In a nutshell, yes
The war was run by politicians, not military. Our military always fucks up by listening to the politicians.

Two more weeks to flatten the Hanoi
5D chess
The US was just holding back
Marines are supposed to get horribly mutilated by stone age traps
The US is not using its really modern technology
Communist propaganda making up US losses
We never wanted Vietnam anyway

Watch this short segment of this and you'll know who won.
youtu.be/CNSGscCeMUw?t=61

Attached: 124325321432.jpg (1748x3648, 1.43M)

Not really, they had something like 1:10 K/D ratio.

Yeah, and the Germans had a great K/D during WW2. Talk about winning. Now their country is full of Turkroaches and niggers.

How did they win?

overall loss, communists still took over vietnam in the end

yes
>on purpose?
more or less
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNebYfhUJME

Similar situation with Russia/Ukraine happened in Vietnam. US was losing aircrafts and equipments at an unsustainable rate. We lost over 10000 aircrafts to Russian AA in Vietnam. Human casualty isn't the only factor.

>didn't achieve their primary objective
>enemy achieved their primary objective
I am intrigued at what cope dialectics an american will use to make this seem like a win.

>b-b-b-b-but we could have glassed them with nukes if we wanted to!
Riddle me this: if I lose a game of chess and cope afterwards that I could have stabbed my opponent in the throat, would you consider me an actual winner of the chess game, or a giant nigger?

>US lost
>not taking into account all of the drugs new weapons and kill/torture programs and techniques that were tested with success there

sometimes I feel sorry for goy

our generals stopped being soldiers and became politicians a long time ago

>Riddle me this: if I lose a game of chess and cope afterwards that I could have stabbed my opponent in the throat, would you consider me an actual winner of the chess game, or a giant nigger?
Not a good comparison, and we could’ve been on if we went full scorched earth in north Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, basically all the places they were hiding out. The smart thing though would be to never get involved in the first place or to have helped Ho Chi Minh when we begged us for help getting rid of the goddamn french.

>the United States lost the war on many accounts in Vietnam
He's right.
>military objectives were very vague
>majority of S. Vietnamese population didn't want it
>eventually most Americans didn't want it
>it was expensive
The bottom line was our unwillingness to use whatever force necessary to win. We firebombed Dresden and Tokyo as well as nuked Japan. But we weren't willing to do that in Vietnam.

We should have done strategic bombing of North Vietnam (like we did in the Christmas Bombings, aka Operation Linebacker II) from day one, as well as a naval blockade. We would have defeated North Vietnam in a month and it would have ended/prevented international arms smuggling that was killing us in the South.

Watch this short vid on the Christmas Bombings: youtube.com/watch?v=2eHOwwdfyDc

------------------------------------------
A guerrilla's life under the B-52 bombers
------------------------------------------

In the jungle, life's conspicuous features were the same for everyone. We lived like hunted animals, an existence that demanded constant physical and mental alertness.

Of all the privations and hardships, nothing the guerrillas had to endure compared with the stark terror of the B-52 bombardments. Bombs of all sizes and types were disgorged by these high-altitude predators, which were invisible to us on the ground. The statistics convey some sense of the concentrated firepower that was unleashed on both North and South--more than three times the tonnage dropped by the U.S. in World War II. From our perspective, these figures translated into an experience of undiluted psychological terror day after day over years.

From half a mile away, the roar of the explosions tore eardrums, leaving many of the jungle dwellers permanently deaf. The shock waves knocked their victims senseless. Any hit within a quarter of a mile would collapse the walls of an unreinforced bunker, burying alive the people cowering inside.

The bomb craters were gigantic, 30 feet across and nearly as deep.

It was something of a miracle that from 1968 through 1970 the attacks, though they caused significant casualties generally, did not kill a single military or civilian leader in the headquarters complexes. This luck, though, had a lot to do, too, with accurate advance warning of the raids, which allowed us to move out of the way, or to take refuge in our bunkers, before the bombs began to rain down.

B-52's from Okinawa and Guam would be picked up by Soviet intelligence trawlers in the South China Sea.

Often the warnings would give us time to grab some rice and escape on foot or bike down an emergency route. Hours later we would return to find, as happened on several occasions, that there was nothing left.

Continued.

It was as if an enormous scythe had swept the jungle, felling giant trees like grass, shredding them into billions of scattered splinters. On these occasions the complex would be utterly destroyed: food, clothes, supplies, documents, everything.

It was not just that things were destroyed; in some awesome way they had ceased to exist. You would come back to where your lean-to and bunker had been, your home, and there would simply be nothing there, just an unrecognizable landscape gouged by immense craters.

Equally as often, though, we were not so fortunate, and had time only to take cover as best we could. The first few times I experienced a B-52 attack it seemed, as I strained to press myself into the bunker floor, that I had been caught in the Apocalypse. The terror was complete. One lost control of bodily functions as the mind screamed futile orders to get out.

On one occasion a Soviet delegation was visiting our ministry when an attack began with especially short notice. No one was hurt, but the entire delegation sustained considerable damage to its amour--uncontrollable trembling and wet pants the all-too-obvious outward signs of inner convulsions.

The visitors could have spared themselves their embarrassment; each of their hosts was a veteran of the same symptoms.

Continued.

Eventually, though, the shock of the bombardments wore off, giving way to a sense of abject fatalism. The veterans would no longer scrabble at the bunker floors convulsed with fear. Instead, people just resigned themselves— fully prepared to "go and sit in the ancestors' corner."

The B-52's somehow put life in order. Many of those who survived the attacks found that afterward they were capable of viewing life from a more serene and philosophical perspective. It was a lesson that remained with me, as it did with many others, and helped me compose myself for death on more than one future occasion.

Linebacker II began for the B-52s at Andersen AFB, Guam, at 1451 hours local time, December 18, 1972. The first bomber began its takeoff run down the two-mile runway, black smoke plumes streaming from it nacelles. It gained speed, lifted free and headed for Hanoi. Behind it, bomber after bomber moved to the runway, ran up to full power and began its cumbersome acceleration to gain flying speed.

The "Buff" force was a mixed group of B-52D and G models; the former had been modified in the "Big Belly" program to carry 108 x 500-lb bombs. The G models generally were armed with 27 x 750-lb bombs.

Linebacker II was the last mighty strike of a terrible war.

to average US people lost, by looking how the corrupt goverments threw billions of dollars out of the window.

except from that, well.... dead commies is something good...

>pic semi-related
(another waste of billions, to spend on the military-industrial complex)

Attached: 1470572547803.jpg (540x485, 34.9K)

Cool intense shit