"Learn to code" is NOT a meme, at all

I always sort of wanted to seek development as a career, but was a lazy fuck and when I'd see you fags saying shit like 'learn to code is a meme, I can't find a job and am still poor' I'd convince myself not to. Well, I said fuck it one day like a year ago and started learning and have essentially been obsessed with web development since then, easily working/learning for like 12 hours a day.
Within my 3rd month of learning modern JS frameworks, I realized I could support myself fulltime off shitty little freelance jobs from upwork. Keep in mind I had roommates and a generally garbage living situation, I could probably live off of $16,000/yr if I had to (my rent was like $400). But atleast I could make money while I was learning something I enjoyed, and it seemed like the path to a better life was extremely clear to me.
Well, I quickly became more and more valuable and started charging more. I am on track to make +$60,000 from freelance work alone in 2022, have +$20,000 in savings from last year, just signed a lease on a pretty decent apartment in my city I'll get to live in alone. This is fucking awesome, I feel very good about myself and my situation. 60k/yr and 20k in savings is NOT much at all, but you have to keep in mind that I've literally lived in squalor with no purpose or any idea what I wanted to do for fucking years. It feels insanely good working every day, knowing I make so much more than I used to, knowing that the path to even more success is extremely clear. It's not even up for debate, I feel like I'll easily surpass six figures within a decade if I keep it up. That just feels great to think about, considering a year ago I made like $24k/yr, never had +$2000 in the bank and was poor as shit living with losers.
But yeah, that's basically it. You guys saying 'learn to code is a meme' are probably fucking retarded. If any of you are considering it but holding back because of the shit you see retards say on here, just do it

Attached: npc-learn-to-code.png (1920x1080, 487.79K)

How do you get or find jobs for this stuff though?

You don't this is a meme thread. Upwork is crowded by pajeets paid $2/hr

anything that isnt a blackpill is a meme or else you risk becoming a contradiction

learn to Cope

>60k/y with US rent
>JS instead of TS
ngmi

>Upwork is crowded by pajeets paid $2/hr
I've applied to a grand total of like 19 jobs on Upwork and landed 5 of them. 2 of them essentially become part time jobs with decent pay and I work 40-50 hrs a week now. If anyone is coping, it's you. I think you're retarded. Who the fuck wants to hire a pajeet? Seriously, would you? No one who isn't retarded wants to hire one of them at $2/hr, especially for work that actually requires some intelligence and good communication between the client and worker.
I think you make the pajeet problem out to be much bigger than it actually is and I guarantee the average person hiring on there would prefer to hire someone from their own country for obvious reasons, they want quality work done of course

>>JS instead of TS
I use typescript, are you fucking retarded? The term isn't "TS framework" it's "JS framework" you fucking retard. Just shut the fuck up

user how did you learn

Teach us

It's not a meme but if you are not a good student then your only choice are local companies that will prefer local (white) people. And they won't pay you FAANG wages.

t. ask me anything im a pajeet who codes for a living

- Put what you've done on a resume

- create a webpage demonstrating what you know. Host on cloud platform (aws, gcp)

- use the above and apply to any IT job. Find openings on indeed or any equivalent job posting site.

- if interviewed, expect some coding puzzles. Solve some on hackerrank or leetcode to get an idea of what to expect.

- set your race as nigger on applications.

- you may be asked to vax even if the position is remote.

I don't give a fuck. You are all monkeys to me and I'd rather work retail than code.

lol setting your race and trying to play that wont work with a lcoal comapny. local companies want white people
just get a comfy devops job if you are white and live in the US or western/northern EU , you dont even need to code for that , you basically just have to know and be willing to google linux commands

Started programming at 14 but never had the drive or motivation to take it anywhere. Most I did was private rotation bots for world of Warcraft which brought in some money through donations. You have to have a special niche that sets you apart from the next guy, if you're like me and struggle to code for 12hrs a day let alone a few you're doomed from the get go. My best work was flying my ass off on adderall and lunesta. I'd code 3 days straight with no sleep, finally crashing and nodding off mid dungeon Ken. The most depressing thing getting older is nothing is fun anymore, the little kid in me died long ago and I'm envious of those of you that still have your drive for life, cheerish that shit

I started with an asian lady's course on Udemy but never finished, as I got near the end I just quit it and started learning React and building things in it.
I'd just watch and do 'build along' videos on YouTube. I.e. I watched one regarding how to build a photo sharing app with mongodb, node and react, then I got a freelance gig for a small fullstack website and reused those same principles. After that I just sort of continued learning as I worked for pay. I don't really think you ever stop learning in this industry so my course of action probably wasn't at all abnormal

Care to give more info on the process of applying to a job and being accepted?
What is the average expectation of the clients?
How is the dynamic in order to set the deadlines for the products?
How you ensured to land the projects?
Did you offer to do the job for a minimum price? Or how you make sure to win over your comepetence?

good for you user
Hello World

it's a fucking meme, I already gave up. We have 800 people per junior offers, what the fuck? there is just no way

Learn to code is not for people who have no interest in coding.

move to the US/western Northern EU, they will take you if you pass the coding interview

you'll also get 100000x more money

Very nice user. I'm glad you found a way to comfortably sustain yourself doing something you enjoy. I hope more good fortune comes your way.

>- you may be asked to vax even if the position is remote.
Yeah dude. I've applied to a few real jobs on indeed and saw them saying this in the job descriptions. 100% remote but forced vaccination. I have a friend who makes +120k/yr a year and exclusively does freelance work. I might just do freelance forever, I don't even want to get that fucking vaccine. Maybe if a client of mine I'm close and friendly with offers me a job they won't force that shit and it'll be a different situation.

I would rather be "poor" than earn "money".

you dont have to code to do a job like sysadmin/devops. there are other roles as well where you basically don't have to think (that much) but you just have to be there and "communicate" and do easy shit
basically modern technician work that gets paid obscene amounts of money because you work with a computer
there are many local jobs that will let you live one of the most comfy life ever but people don't like to apply to them mb because they dont even know that these jobs exist, however you wont be getting that 150k + salary tho

Well that's what happens when you skim through a worthless post from a poorfag

It's so fucking hard to be dumb. Tried to learn web multiple times and every fucking time I got filtered by an easy task.
>lol just relocate to another country
dude if migrating was THAT easy for us, nobody under 25yo would live here

Attached: 1626082203563-fourchan-g-85960491.jpg (1213x1079, 95.5K)

it's not that easy, but if you went to uni, know data structures and algorithms and graph shit, just spam leetcodes and then apply and practise the interview

countries like switzerland have almost 0 CS graduates because the people here are pretty lazy academically
if you are white you will also have a better chance with local companies who dont even require that much experience/knowledge (but don't understand their own requirements that well)
if you are on Any Forums you can't be that retarded , working in russia as a coder is a waste of time idk

I thought tons of IT guys left Russia?

It both is and isn’t a meme, in that yes, if you get some degree of competence at it, you are guaranteed employment, and at middle-class/upper-middle-class wages, too, assuming you have the qualifications for it. It’s a meme, however, in that you have to be a certain type of person to be cut out for this type of work which most will find soul-crushing. There’s a clear hierarchy in it, in that if you’re just some mediocre coder, you’re going to be competing with the other mediocres for the lower-end jobs — but if you get competent enough at it, secure employment is indeed guaranteed.

I got two semesters into a computer science degree before realizing I was in fact screwing myself over by getting into something I hated and was bored by and never had any interest in beforehand, simply for the idea of getting a career that would make money.

Attached: EBEFD8F6-FC8D-44B7-A80F-C5D1E23DD842.jpg (720x732, 75.22K)

>Care to give more info on the process of applying to a job and being accepted?
Every job has different questions, you just fill them out and apply.
>What is the average expectation of the clients?
>How is the dynamic in order to set the deadlines for the products?
It varies widely on the job itself. The two jobs I have now and make the most money off of both have like a 30hr/week limit and I just get paid hourly. They just tell me what features to add to the app or what to work on, I say how long I think it'll take, and then we reconvene later. Sometimes we don't even converse and they just add me to cards/tasks on task/issue tracking applications. There aren't really deadlines, it's like having a job basically. They just tell me what to work on and I'm compensated for however long it takes. I'll fill the hourly limits constantly each week because they give me tons of stuff to work on.
>How you ensured to land the projects?
I don't know, I didn't ensure anything. I just applied and landed them.
>Did you offer to do the job for a minimum price? Or how you make sure to win over your comepetence?
The first few jobs I did weren't paid well at all, one of them was on Upwork but the other few were for like small businesses I found through family/friends who were probably just expecting shitty Wordpress sites or something and generally don't have the budget for custom apps. But I wanted fullstack projects, especially React apps, on my portfolio, so I just built them using those technologies and went above and beyond for shit pay.

I'm a dev but I'm wagecucking. I'd really love to freelance to have more freedom but I don't know how to get clients.

Have any advice for doing well in freelance?
I currently work as a developer in some salaried corporate job, but my dream is to buy a cheap condo somewhere and just work part-time on freelance/temporary gigs.

Learning to code is a meme. I have a degree, 5 years of experience, including 1 year at FAGMAN, and can't get a job after having to move on due to vax. Now that they're no longer asking for vax and I have to actually look for a job and interview in 2022 without already being in a job, I find that it's literally impossible to get anything at all. Remote, local, willing to move -- doesn't matter. Keep in mind I was making low 6figs at my best due to FAGMAN salary, but the normal average salary around here is 75k for my level at a large company, 40k at a small company, and everyone expects 70 hours+ work weeks even though the contract says 37.5.

I have thought about freelance, but everytime I looked at upwork or fiverr, it seems my competition is indians willing to work for $10/hour with thousands of 5* reviews, so I don't see how I could be competitive when I need $25/hour absolute minimum just to survive (keeping in mind mandatory costs like health insurance, rent, food, and other assorted bills -- I thankfully don't have a car, that would make my costs jump up a ton -- and taxes, which are actually higher for self-employed over here unless you make mid-six figs and higher).

Although there are some differences since I don't do webfaggotry and absolutely refuse to do it under any circumstances, I have highly in-demand specialized and proven skills for added value that I can leverage. Therefore, there are three points to my post:
>correcting your portrayal, which is biased from survivor bias and your uniquely shitty starting situation
>pointing out that regardless of your personal success, it is still provably a meme given you can only freelance and make tradie-tier wages on it
>asking for more details.
The latter point is the major reason I'm making this post: can you describe in more details how you did it? How do you compete with pajeets, how do you advertise yourself, do you go to jobs or vice-versa, etc.? Hoping to moonlight into it to try s. new.