Amerimutt who moved to leafland here. How hard is it to learn French to move to Quebec? Is this a bad idea...

Amerimutt who moved to leafland here. How hard is it to learn French to move to Quebec? Is this a bad idea? Anglophones tell me Quebec is bunch of stuck up frogs. Is it true?

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_Quebec.svg.png (1200x800, 9.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/hlt-fst/imm/Table.cfm?Lang=E&T=41&Geo=00&SP=1&vismin=2&age=1&sex=1&SO=9D
statista.com/statistics/444906/number-of-immigrants-in-canada/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada#Ethnic_origin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

This is Arab country. If you are not Arab or Berber, you are not welcome.

But Any Forums told me Quebec was based and white? I'm mostly interested because property is cheap there

>How hard is it to learn French to move to Quebec

I don't know, how good are you at learning languages?

>Is this a bad idea?

I don't know, why do you want to move to Quebec?

>Anglophones tell me Quebec is bunch of stuck up frogs

Really depends where you go and who you meet, but the average French-Canadian is closer to a French speaking appalachian redneck than a Parisian. But just as with everywhere else, ppl will sociologically differ based on their education level, location, etc...

how hard is it to learn french?
pretty hard. if you dont genuinely enjoy the language you probably wont make it user. the fastest way is to get a quebecois gf.

There is brain parasite in Canadá, good luck with that

French isn't that difficult to learn for a native English speaker, and "Québec French" use a lot of literally-translated English expressions, so I wouldn't worry too much about the language factor here. Québécois are a nice people, but speaking French is a huge advantage I'd say. Regarding Québec political situation, the ruling party (which will most likely win the next elections) adopted a really hardcore stance on Covid (massive lockdowns and curfews, vaxpass...) so I don't know if moving there is any better than staying in the ROC.

leave

I'm not sure. I don't know anything other than English. I can put in effort to learn

I'm married

Thanks. I know about Covid BS but I'm vaxed so should not affect me

I want to colonize a French-Canadian redneck girl

Lived here for over 15 years.
You have to understand french canadien society was a closed society until very recently. You can learn french to a high level but will never be one of them. The only good place in QC for outsiders is Montreal otherwise you will never fit in.

No

>You have to understand french canadien society was a closed society until very recently
Tell me more

They all speak English but they do it begrudgingly. Some are ok but the province is run by a smug stuck up frog.

Quebec is shit even tho Any Forums circle jerks over them for some reason. They are the most left province, and the most Authoritarian. They just get a based status because they defend their culture through law. They also tried to implement a tax on people who aren't vaxxed.

I lived in very french Northern Ontario for a lot of my life and the frogs were annoying as fuck. Moved to Quebec later and hated it. Moved away since.

Until recently french canadians only married and interacted with other french canadians. It is still the case outside of montreal. They were always the minority in canada so they developed us vs them mentality. Basically they don't like outsiders and have strong fear of being assimilated by the anglo

That's interesting to know. Thanks

Interesting

Most left? No, not really. You have a big state with lots of social services, but French-Canadian nationalism means a lot of rw ideas here are more acceptable than in many other places in Canada. You have a lot of ppl voting conservative in the western provinces, but the Canadian conservative party is a true cuckservative party. It's also the whitest province out of the 4 provinces with a high population.

www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/dp-pd/hlt-fst/imm/Table.cfm?Lang=E&T=41&Geo=00&SP=1&vismin=2&age=1&sex=1&SO=9D

This is going to become more and more true as Quebec receives less immigrants relative to its total pop. compared to the 3 other big provinces. Unfortunately we get more blacks and Arabs over high IQ Asians.

statista.com/statistics/444906/number-of-immigrants-in-canada/

Saguenay might be the whitest city in North America with a population above 100k.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada#Ethnic_origin

(look at cities over 100k)

and to answer the other guy, ppl in Montréal and Guatineau are bilingual at rates of 60ish% and 80ish%, but in smaller cities and rural regions it can be as low as 10%

Try entering a shop mate

there is a reason for it being cheap, Quebec are a bunch of racist white fucks who hate everyone unless they are white and speak french, they have tried to get independence but got slapped down

My mom is from Montreal but decided to have her children in the us. I used to know French as a kid but since no one where I grew up spoke it and I rarely got to see my family I don’t remember much. Haven’t visited in ten years but I don’t even know if I want to travel to Canada right now. Sucks that I’m probably going to lose contact with them eventually, can’t even talk to them. Lots of cute french girls there tho

>Quebec are a bunch of racist white fucks who hate everyone
Unfathomably based

Tell me user. I've never been to Quebec

I like the fact that they have laws that enforce state sponsored secularism