"how is russia so powerful if they only have the GDP of Italy?"

>"how is russia so powerful if they only have the GDP of Italy?"
>"muh gdp"
well, turns out GDP is a pretty good gauge for power after all.

Attached: Global-GDP-by-Country-2021-V15.jpg (3250x2491, 2.4M)

so tired of people not using GDP PPP for comparisons, and in any case countries arent islands, which a german of all people should be able to grasp.

>so tired of people not using GDP PPP for comparisons
that still puts Russia under Germany so it doesn't change my point.

Russia is powerful only in that they still have dead better men's stuff.

Basically white niggers are the only think left after 30 years of brain drain.

but not the EAEU in it's entirety, ofcourse your EU blows their union out of the water, but That is why russia is looking for friends on it's periphery like Iran, China, India.
>"Russia is never as strong as she looks; Russia is never as weak as she looks."

Wat is russia

>US lost to Vietnam
>US lost to argan
>Russia is losing to Ukraine
All of these indicate that your GBP measure is fucking retarded you autistic piece of shit g*rman

I lean more towards Russia than Ukraine but it looks pretty fucking weak right now.
If they can't even steamroll Ukraine how can they be any danger to Europe?

GDP is only a measure of productive power which might as well be buying power. But it does not account for reserves or resources or debt. And ignoring those might just tank your big af GDP when you least expect it.

I will not pretend I can pierce the fog of war, but to play devils advocate this could just be a modern "winter war" Russian generals and soldiers being decimated while still taking ground sounds like old school russian doctrine to purge disloyal or poor aspects of their military before a broader conflict.

Bad comparison. Ukraine is right at Russia's border, the other countries are as far away from the US as they can be.
And I don't know about Vietnam but the US easily took Afghanistan and kept it for 20 years.
That's not the same as never being able to conquer it in the first place.

Correct, but the EU is as tightly knit as it is by design, and in a way that surrenders a great deal of autonomy. I fail to see a good incentive why any relevant player would risk forming a too committed bond with Russia.

No. Those days are over. Purging still hapoens just as a discharge, and rarely a 4 story hike, but you need to be really worth that hike.

>why any relevant player
most states in west asia, and even sout/east asia and africa have a vested interest in a multipolar order that would not allow the west to subvert their state structures as easily, the Russians appeal is essentially for the mafia states to form a new bloc against the gay west, and to build the belt and road, all while harnessing political islam against the west.. time will tell if it is a successful gambit.

Japan is, of course, known for its fearsome and large army and arsenal.

Russia is fighting a country with western weaponry that's far more advanced than Afghanistan and so on ever hard while also having to take over cities without bombing them to hard.
Even in Iraq war where the people didn't flock to defend their regime & country against a enemy that bombed them far harder held out for quite a while, and their weapons sucked in comparison.
This wouldn't be easy for any country desu, Ukrainian fighting spirit amongst the average civilian is way higher.
>inb4 cope

>Those days are over
War in Europe was "a thing of the past" as well and look where we are now. Russians stay Russians, regardless of their flavor of the month ideology.

You're right it's not easy but Russia is not only not winning fast, it might even be losing.
At the very least it will not accomplish what they had planned.
That just goes to my point that Russia is not as powerful as it's made out to be.

Japan's navy is pretty strong

Who said war in Europe is of the past? Putin does not have the popular support or compliance for Commie style purgings, but he does for this war against what the west was trying.

Russia is winning this nice and steady. Why would they hurry?

I'm not saying GDP is the only important metric but it is pretty important.
As for Japan, militarization can be done within a couple of years, so yeah, it's pretty powerful.
However it probably needs a catalyst to gain popular support, say China invading Taiwan.

>Who said war in Europe is of the past?
western propaganda, I am aware of the Balkans etc.
>Putin does not have the popular support or compliance for Commie style purgings, but he does for this war against what the west was trying.
I am confused by your statement, I would say Putin could only ever enact a purge under the cover of war because of a lack of a soviet system.

You leafs need to step it up an bit, JFC that looks sad

>Russia is winning this nice and steady.
I don't know about that. Even giving them the benefit of the doubt it doesn't seem like that to me at least.

Still a retarded comparison. Iraq had a stronger army than ukraine and we raped them twice

Meh, only off the coast. Shit tier for power projection.

GDP doesn't show the real manufacturing or warfighting capacity of a country because of the global supply chain system that was set up. lots of countries with high GDP, are not in industries that are relevant.

Doubt, those retarded sandniggers were just standing around on flat desert plains and got bombed for the lulz

Russia used to have gdp similar to Italy. Now they are more like Belgium. Main difference is that Belgium has actual power over world's affairs

This, a lot of GDP is Jewish magic numerology that doesn’t translate into any sort of hard power during a time of total war. It’s like do people think GDP meant shit for Germany in 1944? You worked until your bones hurt and then some.

You know ruskie army is 90% build around what was left of Soviet Union?

>Putin could only ever enact a purge under the cover of war because of a lack of a soviet system.
The purge is not neccesary in the firat place, they vet and check theor officers like any army does. And threaten them with horrible things if they take yankee money.

What are your sources of information and what side are they on?