Political implications of .json files

>what are .json files?
it's a file format for data structures.
>why should I care?
because it's an easy way to process and distribute information.
>yeah but why should I care?
because currently, you only have your own personal meme folder, your browser bookmarks list and maybe even some .txt files with copy pasta's/links and that's probably about it.
>sure but why should I REALLY care?
because if you start using .json files to build your personal archive, it makes it much easier to share it with other people who can then process this data and distribute it.
>I still don't get it
it's a way to decentralise the flow of information; a way to reclaim sovereignty on the internet.
>a practical example?
Glad you asked. Go here: workable-death.surge.sh or fuzzy-umberella.surge.sh. What you see here is a static website (no server back-end) that is displaying a dynamic (searchable) data table of some useful links.
>ok user, I think I'm starting to get it
But wait! There's more. If (you) start to use .json files to archive your shit and send it to places that put these data tables online, they can integrate it without much effort into an existing data table.
The only thing you need to know is the structure of the data set. A .json file consists of 2 things:
>1. a name
>2. a value
That's literally it. Simple as. This can be viewed and written in any text formatting app. No funny shtuff.
>Ok so what now?
well... I want you to assemble all your linkies and assemble them in an excel sheet. You should have 3 columns at least: name, link and an RSS link, if the source has an RSS feed.
when you're done, copy the entire table and paste it into a text editor and save it as a .csv file. Then you can send it over. I'll convert it to .json, add custom ID's to every entry and upload them to the schizo ring.

Attached: 1554610681221.jpg (225x225, 7.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuzzy-umbrella.surge.sh/
convertcsv.com/csv-to-json.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=ah2BS4I7Zq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>uzzy-umberella.surge.sh
fuzzy-umbrella.surge.sh/
typo
go to this address because the other one got throttled.

JSON files are cold boogers on a paper plate. XML data is a far better format for self-describing data.

yeah ok but the point is.. data tables. Everyone must learn how to create them and share.

THANK YOU DUDE

I have my own localhost website written in js/php for tagging and sorting memes with loooots of features. All the data is stored in json. Not sharing the source code since a real memetic magician should be able to build their own.

Attached: 1648139122631.jpg (1024x595, 149.83K)

>yeah ok but the point is.. data tables. Everyone must learn how to create them and share.
No, there's all kinds of schema-less document stores out there (JSON and XML). What's the benefit of putting information in a table?

>What's the benefit of putting information in a table?
to create a schizo ring. Essentially, anyone who wants can create data file with linkies, send it over and I can easily put it in the datatable. I'm creating an archive for schizos. I thought that was pretty obvious

>What's the benefit of putting information in a table?
>schizo ring
it's like an alternative of the google search engine where the results only return SEO marketing faggotry and monetisation as well as globohomo propaganda. I basically want to create a sort of search engine that require manual labour and only returns schizo information.

Clearly you know nothing about how data is stored and handled in real I.T. situations. Sage.

For me, it's YAML.

ok then what would you do? It's easy to shit on someone else's work. But to help improve it, even only a little bit, that requires heart. Show me your heart nigger.

YAML is just JSON with indentation. Sage.

And infinitely easier to parse with your own eyes. JSON syntax is unnecessarily verbose.

>how data is stored and handled in real I.T. situations
but this isn't a real IT situation. The purpose is to create site, anonymously and for free without a server back end.
I'm not a coder. It's not my job and I never went to school for it. But I made this, and I'm pretty happy about it.
Now tell me how I can improve it. It's a static site generated with a python script. Pic rel.

Attached: file.png (1342x1270, 200.68K)

>JSON syntax is unnecessarily verbose.
I do agree. But I create my data in a sheet and then copy paste into this app: convertcsv.com/csv-to-json.htm

Where did you learn?

>Where did you learn?
copy paste shit from youtube and stackexchange and tweak it until I figure out how it werks.

I knew everything resides in willpower. I need a fucking computer man, my motherboard is no more. Do this kind of thing in smartphones is very tiresome. But thanks.

>Do this kind of thing in smartphones is very tiresome
yeah well. You don't need a beefy machine to play around with these things. Unless you have shitloads of data to deal with.

youtube.com/watch?v=ah2BS4I7Zq8