Redpill me on gaming industry

It seems so degenerate to me...
making fucking video games
for brain-dead NPCs

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 17.51.49.png (1454x720, 2.05M)

If you're playing video games over the age of 16 you deserve death

It's fun though.
Also who isn't gaming here.

AAA gaming is fucking dead. Elden Ring is the only AAA game i've enjoyed in 10 years. The rest are all soulless cashgrabs

It's the worst industry to get into if you know programming. So many other industries pay better, have better job security and crunch is no where near as bad and I can only imagine woke shit is becoming unbearable in gaming companies now

If you work for passion in software, you'll get exploited. Vidya industry is the worst example.

If you want good pay and life balance, find the most boring corporate niche programming job possible.

>find the most boring corporate niche programming job possible.
How would you even get a foot in the door? These niches are very obscure and require certification of random sets of rare frameworks.

If you want to make games:
1. Own the company
2. Make it a passion project

If either of these things isn't the case, don't bother.

Getting the first foot in the door is the hardest part. Find something technical you can get hired for. After that, its more about gravitating towards in-demand skills and marketing yourself.

Try to find something useful, that only established companies need. DevOps and database management are two examples, there are more.

Also, don't put too much weight on certifications. In the states at least, having the experience on your resume is the most important thing.

I work in the games industry as an artist. It is absolutely pozzed beyond belief. I want to move on and make my own projects in the future or just do freelance illustration.

I thought this was my dream growing up. These people are insane.

Working for passion gets you exploited anywhere

If you're passionate about something. Do it yourself. Test that passion and resolve by starting your own business. Otherwise you'll be used for someone else's passion... Passion for money, that is.

There are two distinct game industries:
A) Game makers who love video games, usually small independent studios.
B) Micro transaction scammers.

Do you think it would be viable to do some small game project and use it as experience? (i.e. developing some small game and bringing it to steam)
I've acquired quite a lot of Unity (C#) skills and it would be quite sad to not be able to leverage it.

only losers play video games.

B is moving on to NFT's because of course they are.

What you are describing is called "building a portfolio".
Making small concept games is a great way to do it.
You may also be interested in "game jams" where you compete against other people to make games within very short time frames.

>What you are describing is called "building a portfolio".
Is it different from "experience"? I honestly don't know how the industries work.

>game jams
Good idea.

>1pbtid
Garbage

>artist
You should be happy you have a job at all.

I don't know anything about the industry but /agdg/ on /vg/ might be up your alley if this is your hobby

a good mix of documentaries and video games is best

npcs watch reality tv
videogames help your hand eye coordination, reflexes, critical thinking skills, etc
and documentaries keep you well informed

Experience means you worked for a company or client. You can build a portfolio without ever having worked for anyone.

Yep I have my 200k wfh corporate gig and work on my games in my free time

Attached: A5E7BCBD-7D42-46FD-AAED-78AEF7F5FA06.jpg (1024x933, 102.34K)

Having a job and making money is degenerate?
Some people make drugs instead of video games you know

I have my own company, 15 employees.
Based Game will be launched out next year worldwide for PC, PS 5 & Xbox S.
I hate my co ceo - he is the epitome of a manchild and basedjack.
Never leaves his flat, no private life, only games. Absolut autistic, leftist/woke, completely self absorbed.
Unfortunately you will have to deal with a lot of of those complete talentless manchildish subhumans and anf oxygen wasters in this industry.

There are thousands of factory workers making black rubber dildos for minimum wage and you're upset some people have a job making video games?

can i come and work for you?

I should have gone into some stem field. Don't let your kids go to art school, friends. It's a waste of their life

Just for reference, what makes programming video games for a living so much worse than the guy running the machine that prints decks of cards or the guy producing television shows?