Celtic Nations

The destruction of the last celtic languages could be seen in this century.

What do you about it? In my opinion it is a great loss, it was one of the main branches of the indoeuropean languages, but now they are not even the shadow of what they were.

With its disappearance we will be losing a part of our identity as Europeans, since at least in Western Europe we all have Celtic ancestry.

If there is any celtic user I would like to know his opinion about this topic, and how does he see the current state of the language in its region

SCOTLAND
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv6f3lplUf8
youtube.com/watch?v=V2BhOsBl_K8

Wales
youtube.com/watch?v=fkBQAvAFjus
youtube.com/watch?v=cilThfDX66A

IRELAND
youtube.com/watch?v=NieKfRjgy5U
youtube.com/watch?v=J_KEcfmHeN0
youtube.com/watch?v=kUz4iYwCqxI
youtube.com/watch?v=LwaZRMfb5UE

BRITTANY

youtube.com/watch?v=ulUCwzRbww4
youtube.com/watch?v=Oot8ZJQlmrs

CORNWALL

youtube.com/watch?v=PW0mhOqnUrI

ISLE OF MAN

youtube.com/watch?v=DI_kiHPUmeI

Attached: celtic languages.png (3145x3266, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5AzJPi_J-uI
youtube.com/watch?v=QjpcTiL6vnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=a2TVpq8lj6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

autobumperino

Attached: rain.gif (387x600, 2.31M)

It won't disappear, Welsh are standing strong and Bretons are doing their best to keep their language alive. Celts have an history of standing strong even against all odds, so I'm not really worried tbqh.

There's enough literature on all the languages that even if they drop out of use, not much is being. I fully support an Anglophone future.

irish and scotish are near extinction, and bretton can be in danger too. Welsh is the only in more or less good health, but that doesnt change that we may see the end of a chunk of the last celtic languages, every one of them is treassure

>Leaf

I swear yout kind should be stinguish, each language is like a gem, they should be protected. Every lost language only creates a grayer world, in favor of the globohomo

Celtbros... I don't feel so good...

>literally Galatia in Anatolia was a celtic kingdom back then

I'm living in Cornwall, half Cornish. Good riddance. There's only so many languages a man can learn anyway, I'm intermediate in Russian, learning French and Spanish. No time for Cornish pff

Pretty much this. The Welsh will start talking Welsh when a Brit enters a village pub. It can honestly be quite amusing.

I speak english and more or less french. Im currently learning german, and I would like to learn Irish or welsh, though they are difficult.

the same happens here in regions like catalonia, or the basque country

In a year or two I'm gonna try to live on Christmas island in nova scotia for a few months and try to learn Canadian Gaelic(my great-grandma could speak it but its since been lost in my family. In the meantime, I've been using Duolingo with Scottish Gealic since Canada Gaelic is just a subset of it(I know duolingo is shit but its better than nothing right?).

youtube.com/watch?v=5AzJPi_J-uI

Attached: Gaul.png (787x799, 351.92K)

Celtbros...

Attached: Celtic_languages_over_time.gif (1200x797, 2.15M)

youtube.com/watch?v=QjpcTiL6vnQ

You should learn Italian instead, much nicer country with better literature and films. You could probably learn it in a few months being Spanish.

>I know duolingo is shit but its better than nothing right?

I guess, at least you can learn some words, and you get used to study the language,

I dindt know there was a branch of gaelic in canada

To be fair Rome btfo too hard continental celtics beyonf any reparation of their language. Here in Spain the last celts were the galicians and Astures (they were conquered decades after the conquest of Gallia) and neither of them speak a celtic language, they speak a romance one

Lol, the celts haven't existed in a thousand years. Bunch of larping faggots rewriting history

Yeah, I think there are only a few hundred max a couple thousand left though. Although at one time it was a few hundred thousand, real shame its probably gonna be dead in the next 100 years.

Also Scots =/= Scottish Gaelic

youtube.com/watch?v=a2TVpq8lj6w