/dig/ - Download the Internet General

The purpose of this thread is to mention / share links to useful digital resources/ebooks/guides/maps/survival tips that everyone should have available offline, to be prepared for a mass internet outage.
We don't have too much time if the Russia-Ukraine situation unfolds in the worst possible way.

I'll start:

>Rare Any Forums compendium
archive.org/details/Any Forums-compendium
>Mein Kek humor compendium
archive.org/details/mein-kek
>Kek meme magic
archive.org/details/meme-magic
>thousands and thousands of PDFs with how-tos from building batteries to home schooling to hunting to electrical work:
indianapolisunderground.com/pdf.htm
>(there's also a "survival stick" version on this that fits on a regular USB thumb drive
getyourstick.com/?smd_process_download=1&download_id=34 )
>download maps of your area (Google maps works with GPS only, allows you to download maps onto your device) Alternatively download openstreetmaps
>100+ Free Survival Ebooks
defiel.com/free-survival-ebooks/
>List of 460 Useful Prepper Books
pastebin.com/3hNTLB8n
>Don't forget about the Internet Archive where you can find free books, movies, software, music, websites
archive.org/index.php

bump the thread and post everything you've got anons

Attached: 1648224607720.jpg (671x1024, 173.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3hNTLB8n
paste.gg/p/anonymous/410b0293853b4cd19f8dc9cf1ee7d318
ohmpie.com/hm555/
dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiktionary/
sam.zeloof.xyz/category/semiconductor/
94chan.org/k/thread/33.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Checked -

This is almost as important as the Kek meme magic link

>List of 460 Useful Prepper Books
pastebin.com/3hNTLB8n

Collected books, links, and resources from /ctw/

paste.gg/p/anonymous/410b0293853b4cd19f8dc9cf1ee7d318

they will never turn the internet off, how else will they feed people the propaganda?

Breh delet.porm den

IIRC you can download the desktop version of Google Earth and download the entire archive for offline use
If you're actually serious about being without functioning internet for 5+ years, an additional step that you should take is:
>buy blu-ray drive and a fuckton of double layer discs
>take all important documents (birth cert, marriage licenses, DL's, tax, etc.) plus anything you want archived (wikipedia offline, etc.) and use 7zip to zip all of them into an archive (7z allows you to split into volumes exactly the size of the disc)
>burn all of these to a blu-ray, preferably in triplicate (three copies of each separate volume)
>stick in a fire-safe with desiccant
>alternatively, get an air-tight case like a Pelican and a canister of helium/nitrogen and fit two one-way valves and purge the container with He/N then cap or epoxy the inlet valve
>you now have archived data that will likely outlive you
HD's are fragile, and a USB/SSD will go corrupt with bitflip on a long enough timeline. Tape and CD are the best archival media, and with optical you don't have to worry about EMF ruining your shit or having to have a faraday cage.

>they will never turn the internet off, how else will they feed people the propaganda?
the entire purpose of this is to save everything of importance before the internet gets filled ENTIRELY with propaganda and Ministry of Truth retcons

so? you will always be able to just torrent the stuff.

Countermeasures and resources from /cpcg/

Doomsday checklist
Non-pozzed CPUs:
>Apple PowerPC
>Pentium III Tualatin (Tualatin is only PIII that does not have PSN-Telemetry to phone-home like modern CPUs)
>Pentium 4
>Pentium M
>CoreDuo/Core2Duo/Core2Quad/etc
>AMD Phenom and FX Series (Athlon of this era as well, but for the money, Phenom and FX are far superior)

Web1.0, 2.0 and alt-net portals, webrings and points-of-interest:

>wiby.me - Portal and search engine to Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 sites. Predominantly personal webpages, almost zero
commercial/corporate presence. Not an archived page crawler either, shit tons of these sites offer useful info
and are regularly updated.

>razorback95.com - A website that not only showcases what is still possible with the old net, but also the main
project page for Windows 95D Lite; a modernized, debloated rebuild of Windows 95. Works on older hardware or VM,
supports modern resolutions, drivers good to go, etc. Def worth a look into.

>winworldpc.com - tons of OS and software resources, mainly for Windows/DOS-based systems, but some Macintosh
resources on here as well.

>macintoshrepository.org - Amazing resource for Macintosh software for mainly 68k-PowerPC eras, but also has
some early Intel Mac resources too

>archive.org - pretty obvious one here, but there are thousands of solid as fuck resources in their software
section if you know what you're looking for. Operating systems resources are top-tier on here as well.

>neocities.org - Brush up on coding and make your own webpage with basically anything you want. Can also browse
different neocities sites via neocities.org/browse

>iwarg.ddns.net/phoenix/index.php - Project site for AIM Phoenix, an AOL Instant Messenger remake. P2P chat from
What I understand, I havent actually used this yet, however.

>Gopher is still around! Server directory:
gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/world

>Gemini is a modern privacy-oriented Gopher. Portal:
gemini://gemini.circumlunar.space/

>you will always be able to just torrent the stuff
private trackers won't save you, especially if the ISP's get on board with crippling your connection because there's 300gb of encrypted I/O coming out of your IP

Good stuff to know:

>Brush up on legacy protocols such as Telnet, FTP, etc

>Migrate to IRCs and learn how to use them. Independence from establishment messaging applications such as Telegram,
Discord, etc is essential. IRC is still widely used by hundreds of thousands of people. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

>Get some legacy media storage. Floppy, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM ZIP, FireWire, MiniDisc, whatever. There's a reason these
Silicon Valley glow fuckers dont want people to have physical media anymore.

If your bunker doesn't have the capability to make new 555 ic timers then you are better off living above ground as a caveman.

ohmpie.com/hm555/

Checked. They're gonna kill the internet, aren't they?

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 12.40.16 PM.png (1670x1003, 583.94K)

We need laserlanes or like line-of-sight laser communication channels that form like a grid that anyone can insert a mirror into to connect to the network, I guess it would need like a special arrangement to let the laser pass through the "mirror" 99.999% and just use a small amount of the laser light to reflect onto a sensor.

Then one could have like a drone that could "mobile" connect to it, when outdoors somewhere, fly up to the laserlane and establish an optical connection back to a base tower.

This kind of communication network would be vastly superior to microwaves, once the alignment and calibration issues where well-engineered with mirrors and stabilizer mechanics. Some birds may get clipped by the laser but most would learn to avoid them especially if they were visible wavelength which they should be so their presence is clear.

It would require high power lasers pumping constantly, but at least all that energy would be focused in one beam and not bathing everyone in the communication network and giving them covid19 and cancer.

Laserlanes™, an original idea by Motomotes, glowies send me letter of inquiry to get this world saving project started.

Wikipedia is kiked and corrupt on things from science to politics, but wiktionary still seems OK for the most part, they aren't just deleting words and pretending like they never existed, but it does take some intelligence to read the etymological history and infer the real meaning of the word instead of believing only their definitions.

Anyway here's a dictionary one can download:
dumps.wikimedia.org/enwiktionary/

I do 300-500 gb daily and my ISP is OK with it so far, but we need more ISPs and more infrastructure alternatives like Laserlanes.

Close but no cigar. We need to figure out transposition. If a master quantum device could exist in many states, each user could fundamentally access the same device through quantum entanglement. Thus completely eliminating any high energy ions

Yeah, I like want to have spooky distant communication too, but the lasers are a technology that is ready to be developed with some practical reality.

Too cheaty.

Less cheaty:
sam.zeloof.xyz/category/semiconductor/

Yeah, that's better. I follow his work. I'm actually trying to contribute on the storage side. Trying to make a 3D printable floppy disk. Though I don't know fusion360 so the process is slow.

Dump on here BCS fuck you
I suggest you move your posts onto here because it won't 404 and I won't be copying them myself because you fags probably are interested in gay autistic shit like ugoslavic corn yeilds in the 1930's
94chan.org/k/thread/33.html