Naples isn't part of Italy

Stop claiming that it is, the nation of italy was always only the northern part, not the southern part of the peninsula
The flag of italy is the flag of the Cisalpine republic (named after cisalpine gaul, aka just the north of italy), the flag was only popular with northern italians, southern terrones actually wanted a monarchy believe it or not, the only people in the history of mankind to vote for a monarchy, yes they are this stupid

I am making this thread because I am annoyed at north italian separatists talking about "Padania" or making up weird stuff, no, they can claim all of italy, the south just never belonged in italy.

Attached: Flag of the Cisalpine Republic.jpg (1280x720, 41.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/image/JQJWhdxYvTNtVHI1_0nRRw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for those who don't know about the "issue" in italy:

Attached: italy.png (408x518, 47.51K)

Italy historically was first used to designate the central and southern part, rather than the north. The north can be called "Lombardy", as our memeflag friend would say, though that name tends to overstate the importance of a small group of germanic people who contributed jackshit so I despise it. Padania aka Po vale is a much better term even if it feels dumber. The south can be called Holy Caliphate of Terronistan and the centre Italy proper as like 75% of historical Italian culture came from a relatively small area between Tuscany and Lazio
More broadly speaking, we can all agree reunification was a mistake.

Wasn't Italy united under a monarch? The King of Sardinia specifically?

Alpi occidentali

Attached: mappa italia distretti idrografici.jpg (1066x1530, 409.9K)

Yes (though the actual state was centered around Piedmont, Sardinia was more of a foothold in the med). The vote OP was talking about happened after ww2 when people had to vote for either monarchy or republic (both choices were pozzed anyway so I don't hold it against terroni voting for poz A instead of poz B)

"southern terrones actually wanted a monarchy believe it or not"
- False, a basic understanding of History disproves this

French people are swarthy and that's ok

You are Jewish

You are Chinese

Sage

>flag
>post

kike or sandnigger?

>Italy historically was first used to designate the central and southern part,
the word italy comes from the italic people who are the bell beaker offshoot who lived in central italy if you want to get technical

so central italy, but the modern country of italy has always been the center and the north, the south being added is a very recent addition, and a disastrous one

Attached: africa.jpg (993x1130, 136.9K)

Why not both?
archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/image/JQJWhdxYvTNtVHI1_0nRRw/

I guess we are talking purely semantics then, cause we agree over reunification being a disaster of utmost proportions. But I do have to state this again, the original term "Italy" was first used by the Greeks to designate the first area of the peninsula that they found, that is, the south. I think at one point Italia was just the name for either the salentine or calabrian peninsula, then the definition slowly expanded to comprehend the centre, then much later the north. On purely technical terms, Terronistan is the OG Italy.

>Italy 0 x North Macedonia 1
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I don't follow apeball

lmao nice map of the jewish population

yeah, savoy, but it was basically politically supported by other powers

the situtation was this:
>bronze age, everything is fine and dandy, high tech, settling europe, the usual stuff
>romans start acting autistic, conquer and enslave the cities next to rome in latium, then consolidate the center, a coalition sends an army to kick their asses from the north, that army gets randomly stuck between two roman armies in a ravine because the roman army was late and gets completely destroyed, the coalition members accept to join rome as vassals
>then rome, the stuff most people know about
>snowniggers ravage, vandals and goths, kingdoms of goths, lombards and franks fight over italy
>then the pope beggs the emperor of the franks to invade northern italy because they're being mean non christian heathens, so he does, and that's how the HRE started, with Otto I becoming the first holy roman emperor after invading italy at the request of the pope
>the HRE is a shitshow and italy becomes ruled by tiny city states and republics, things are very comfy
>then the french revolution happen, a few italian city states see that france is at war with literally the entire planet and think it will be easy to take some land, without saying they get trashed, and client state gets established there
>then the republicans lose, the old city states get put back where they were
>a century later, the duchy of savoy supported by other european states conquers all of the italian peninsula and creates the modern country of italy, and he is forced to adopt the cisalpine republic flag instead of the sardinia piedmont/savoy flag
>then mussolini does a march on rome, the king abdicates
>then after WW2, there is a vote on wether to become a monarchy or a republic, the north overwehlmingly votes for republic, the south votes for monarchy, but fuck the south no one cares what they think so italy becomes a republic
>then it joins the EU and slowly becomes pozzed

that's the short version

Attached: 758242393.png (356x374, 179.12K)

>Still hating the Borbonici for being anti-french
Ngmi bonaparte

Good

Deal, give south italy to us so we can scam tourists together

Cisalpine People's Republic hon hon hon?

>But I do have to state this again, the original term "Italy" was first used by the Greeks to designate the first area of the peninsula that they found, that is, the south.
is it? I thought it was a local name not a name given

what was the name of the roman province, latium or something else? It would be weird if they named a province after a greek term, and it would be even weirder if the greek term was adopted, why would that happen?

I know that obliviously the greek language had influence on the languages of western europe (speaking french, almost all words are compositve of greek or latin words merged together), but that mostly came way way way later with people in europe after the renaissance basically learning greek and making up new words for new concepts and technologies using the simple greek ones

Attached: Roman_harbors_and_fleets_Augustus-Severus.png (2052x1414, 256.3K)

Deal, you can have it and I'm willing to gift you a bottle of grappa alongside it as well. Word of advice: cleanse Napoli with fire.

>>then the pope beggs the emperor of the franks to invade northern italy because they're being mean non christian heathens, so he does, and that's how the HRE started, with Otto I becoming the first holy roman emperor after invading italy at the request of the pope
and I could add, that's also how the papacy started, before that he was the nobody bishop of a ruin town with 0 population, but he made a fake document called the donation of constantine that said constantine had split the roman role of pontifex maximus in two, one for the emperor in constantinople and the other for the bishop of rome

so Otto and charlemagne basically handed over the internal manaagement and secret police duty to the clergy and put it under the influence of the bishop of rome, using the fake donation document to try to claim they were a legitimate successor of rome, so the papacy began at the same moment as the HRE, just a fun fact

don't you have a country to be invading right now? kiev aint gonna take itself come on, hop hop hop

Afaik it allegedly came from the word for "calf" in Italic languages (analog to latin "vitellus") to signify its abundance of cattle, or from the name of a tribe located around modern Calabria/Basilicata
But the first use of the term "Italia" to designate a piece of land was indeed used by the Greeks to refer to the first lands they encountered in the south. So while the word's etimology was likely local its use in geographic terms to refer to a broader land was initially a Greek thing.
Romans and nearby Tribes lived in an area called Latium, which roughly means "wide field", owing to its flat position besides the rugged terrain of the appennine, and it's a self given term in this case. They did however officially call the entire peninsula "Italia" first afaik

The papacy was truly the third or fourth greatest historical scourge of this peninsula, why didn't you keep in Avignon sigh. At least they redecorated some areas of Rome though.