Redpill me on "Learn to Code"

30 Year old wagie here.

Tired of being a wage cuck and I want to know if "Learn to Code" is a meme or a genuinely good idea.

If so, what is a good resource that I can use to learn and how long does it take to earn a livable wage?

Attached: cbd119586763c4bd71783ee3b092b50586004b14_full.jpg (184x184, 12.47K)

What job in programming do you actually want?

Some street shitting Indian will do the job for 10% of your pay, it's a meme and a waste of time.

This

Oh look this thread, again

I mean... yeah, you could work to improve your living situation. But the world is pretty crazy, and there's a cold war taking place against our people that will soon turn very hot. So, you could also work an average wagie job while learning skills useful for a decentralized and asymmetrical sleeper whose only mission in life is defending his homeland from invasion. Skills like coding, hacking, social engineering, leadership, data science, urban and outdoor survival, languages, propaganda and PSYOP. And as you learn these skills you may choose to change careers, but your individual success in this fallen world should be last priority.

I don't really know enough about the business to answer that, desu
Kek'd. That's kinda what I figured

what anyone on the internet will fail to tell you is that starting off learning to code has nothing to do with code. instead it's more about your ability to define a step by step process to solve a problem, which can then be translated into the syntax of a programming language. it will take years to develop these skills to do it for a job and although i can code i would never want to do it for a job.
>look into computer networking if you want a tech job
>network +
>ccna

See If you don't have a specific role in mind, with a specific competency, then you will be competing with a herd of pajeets for the shit-tier. But if you learn what you want to do, possibly by lurking Any Forums, it is possibly to sort out what you can and can't do and begin accumulating skills.

Websites like Udemy, IBM and Code Academy can provide basic to intermediate programming, but merely "knowing some Cobol" or other obscure language doesn't really help unless you know specifically what you're doing. For example, cryptocurrency usually uses the Solidity language. Python is an easy language used by pajeets and code bootcamps. Rust is used by trannies and Taiwanese cat girls.

Attached: cyan nyan linux.png (1638x919, 2.36M)

Truth... it would be like someone saying that if you just learn to paint, you can be like Picasso.

Yes, you can learn the mechanics, most people can. But to move to the top, you have to have a talent for it; just like most other jobs in this world.

If you don't mind cold, go into HVAC. By year 3 you'll be earning more than coders; and probably by year 20 you'll be sitting on a large stack.

> used to be wagie
> say fuck it and change course
> 1 year later sitting with junior dev job

feels good man, fuck the previous job I had it was literally shameful. Now I sit on computer and program and it does not even feel like work, also mini breaks to shitpost on Any Forums feels good man.

It's difficult but if you can focus and find the patience it will make you a lot of money
Personally I just can't be arsed doing that tedious shit
I

bullshit

> you cant into front/back end web development within a year

he might be able to get away with it in a country like Norge but no way that works in 2022 in the US

Happy to hear about your success brother

Thanks user :-)

I have no idea how the market is in the US.

Learn to survive a nuclear explosion at this point

Don't learn to code, we don't need another baseddev webshitter shitting out React code and WordPress shit on demand. You people are making the world a worse place.

I miss it when programmers were all nerds who were genuinely interested in programming, and they actually understood what the fuck they were doing.

t. programmer

I only ever freelanced. Never got in the industry proper because of what you describe. I can't work with those people or abide bureaucracy. I just write open source code anonymously these days and work in a different industry entirely.

If you're not retarded you can easily learn enough React in 6 months to be competent enough to get a jr webdev job. You'll be hyper specialized and essentially incompetent but the standards are very low in general. Copy pasta stack overflow component shit. That's the whole point of stuff like React. Highly replaceable self-trained code monkeys.

i learned BASIC in 1982 and it got me sweet fuck all

> implying you don't need front end monkies
also most people I have interacted with that are developers usually are either people that have a great interest for programming in itself or just an interest in creating a product. The latter seem to be more successful.

I started learning to code at 28, did a bootcamp. 2 years later im earning six figures and managing my own juniors

If youve got the brains for it you can do well. No one wants to hire ESL's for anything except monkey work so dont worry too much about indians

I'm a "software engineer".
Not gonna lie, once you master the (fairly difficult) skills it's an easy, well-paid job.

But if I had to do it again I would probably be a tradie instead.
Learn to become an electrician or a plumber. You can make good money if you're not a retard, and it's a job that will still be required even if there is (cyber) world war III. And it can't be offshored, outsourced, etc.

i'm using my gi bill to get paid while i get my bachelors in computer science
It's so comfy bros