Oil!

I'm a 30 year old man who currently works as a gutter installer and one of my co-workers is a former roughneck who worked out in Minot, ND. I've seen openings for entry level stuff in Wyoming. The pay is good and the hours are long. I'm in good shape and am thinking about doing it. Any anons have any experience or advice? Anything appreciated.

Attached: Drilling_Roughnecks.png (1024x768, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America may lose Nuclear war to Russia. Start building bunkers.

Kneepads and creative advert makes you more, if money is what you're after.

No but I haul oil out in texas as a commercial truck driver.
Pay is great if you're an O/O covering your own expenses.
go get your cdl a

>Pay is great
What do you consider great?
Can I just lease a truck and start next week?

Say goodbye to any semblance of a social life unless your idea of a night out is a 20 dollar steak and three bud lights at whatever chain restaurant is nearest the hotel you're staying at

Take a look at the housing situation and cost of living in that area. It might look like "good pay" because everything over there is unaffordable.

Be prepared to work your ass off. Long hours, lots of heavy lifting. On the flip side you won't need to go to the gym. Rigging in and out alone is all the exercise you need.

Haha! This. Especially in Minot and Wyoming.

Not if you make enough

Kek nowadays a 20 dollar steak with no friends and three bud lights is living the high life user.

Ive drilled all over Wyoming.
Usually new hands start on shady rigs like Greywolf or Cyclone.
The canadians have nicer rigs but really you want to apply where a rig is being built like H&P in Oklahoma.
Dont go offshore and try to find a Flex5 rig to work on.
You wont last in Wyoming.

No it’s definitely good pay when you are pulling 15 hours of overtime pay. The only problem is when you leave the rig for a salary job you will end up making less money.

There are a million videos on youtube on how to do side hustles to pay the bills. You are not backed up against a wall like you think. For instance, retail arbitrage.

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4 (Retail Arbitrage 101)
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY (How to Sell 88K Of Used Books on Amazon)
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8 (Dollar Tree Retail Arbitrage)
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY (Scaling Retail Arbitrage To $40k)
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030 (RETAIL ARBITRAGE - Sourcing At Marshalls for Amazon FBA)
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80 (The 20 Year Old Homeless Full Time Amazon Seller)
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg (How I Get Walmart To PAY My BILLS Every Month)
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg (Ebay Speedrun)
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U (Plan for 7 figures using online arbitrage)

It is really not difficult to make 50k/yr just thrifting and selling items on ebay and similar sites. It takes zero risk to start doing that and there are a billion and one videos showing how it's done.

There is no reason to sell your soul just because of a job especially now when there are so many other ways to make money other than a job that demands your internal biology as its possession.

"Daily Refinement"'s youtube channel has interviews with tech n sports are very good for showing how to
focus on a niche and become efficient enough to be much more profitable.

Thrift and sell things on ebay or poshmark or amazon. You can make mid 5 figures and don't have to play clot shot roulette.

Prudhoe Alaska is the best paying work and they feed you and pay travel.. The overtime hours can be as high as 50, and you even get paid for safety meetings. when you can pull in 84-96 hours a week you can make money.
The smart move is to apply as an MWD on a directional crew, Drilling Dynamic crew or coil tubing workover crew.
Rig floors are rough and dangerous and dont make as much money as the easier jobs.
Kansas has the oldest rigs and still use spinning chains, texas is too hot and full of assholes.
Wyoming is a good place to learn drilling but you have to speak the language and have thick skin.
Research which rigs/companies have contracts and drive out to the rig, shake hands and start working.
Most drilling is already done so dont expect to find any good wildcats.

Most rig hands buy a camper and dont pay any rent and some hot shot supplies between wells to make the most money.
Theres a hundred companies but most are not working.
The best jobs are H&P , you can help build the rig then go out drilling on it.
A good rig has an iron roughneck and top drive, but many old kelly table rigs are still turning to the right because they are cheaper to hire.
I broke out on spinning chains and we used to ride the block to the derrick nest.
Its not like that anymore.

I made more in North Dakota and Texas than I ever did on the Slope. And I didn't have to work in -40F or dig my equipment out of 8ft snow drifts every other week.

Its good money, try to get into MWD, Directional Drilling, or even geosteering/mudlogging if you dont want the back breaking labor

Just make a OnlyFans. Fags pay big bucks to watch you play with yourself.

More like blowing $60 at blackjack and becoming beat friends with your blackjack dealer in North Dakota.
The towns there are more fun than their size implies, lots of young guys and even women trying to make something of themselves. Cooler people than normie towns

Run an onlyfans from the command center, you could double dip while an mwd hand

Alaskan rigs are enclosed and toasty warm compared to Wyoming.

I know, but I'm a welltester, not a driller.

This.
Mudlogging is the best job and you get to look at cuttings, do cut samples and will be the only guy that really knows whats going on since you compile all the drill data into the Log.
You dont even need a degree in geology but have to be very computer smart.
Just dont ever mudlogg for Alpha.

How much money per year are we talking here?

No? You have to have experience if you're gonna go directly to work W2 for the company, 1099 and you need your own truck.
Also you need your Hazmat(H) endorsement and tanker(N) endorsement which together are just the X endorsement.
I may roughly 9000-10,000 a week before taxes so I'm fine.
Just as long as you dont mind 14 hour days also.

What's the age range for this job? Is mid-thirties in decent shape (lumber-jack sized) good for working a rig, or is it too old?

Hot shots use one ton trucks and dont need any of that shit.

If you drink, smoke, or whore you're going to spend all day busting your ass to have nothing to show for it at the end.

If you abstain you can make a lot of money in exchange for physical discomfort and remote living.

Attached: Fubar2_1200x600.jpg (1200x600, 295.32K)

Who cares? You're getting drafted anyways

I might have something to seethe about while spending long trench nights.

Welltesting or flowback, its retarded cousin, can make between $100k-$200k/yr

I work 14 hour days. I need to do this. I’m the only one at work that does. Fuck I’m stupid.

I'm talking about oil hauling, sure you can just buy your own diesel pickup truck with a 40 foot BigTex gooseneck trailer, I'm referring to Hazmat tankers.

Canadian rigs are easy money. Just apply to the companies in red deer.
Ive been on Ensign and Xtreme rigs , most hands are in their 30's and its really not hard work or too cold.
Nabors is the big outfit but would not recommend.
Just dont get on a rig with a Chinese Topdrive like Canrig.
The Xtreme rigs from canada are my favorite.

Lol you don’t have to be computer smart to mudlog, it is literally mouthbreather work and no one cares what rocks you see 95% of the days and its compliance work on infill wells. They only care if you hit the shale in the bakken or if salt is sloughing off or something.
It is best to mudlog to try to get a geosteering job, where you make2-4x you would only logging

Rig Moving is the best money. I never had a CDL or any endorsements and moved rigs all over the continent.
My bros in Texas haul oil and water and have a good life but the hotshots and rig movers make the best money.

>I might have something to seethe about
that's no way to go out m8
if anything, just think of nutting on my face

Attached: 1648068823411.jpg (400x387, 35.27K)

Ive mudlogged for 5 different companies and some programs are so old you better be computer smart to extrapolate and manipulate data.
Mudloggers have to accurately describe cuttings, test gas with a chromatograph and build a good E-Log.
And warn the rig in case of a blowout. Mudloggers save the day and they dont hire idiots except for Texas.
Geosteering is good work but only Schlumberger has anything going.
Drilling dynamics is by far the easiest job.