Russia was overrated

First off, I've been heavily invested in world politics and followed wars autistically close for years, despite being so far. Take my stance with some seriousness. My nationality gives me some neutrality after all.

Expectations for Russia were too high. People forget Russia is not a real super power.

It doubled military expenditure and modernized its army and started once more to get good at military research in just a decade, but the US was at this business for a century plus. Russia could have grown tenfold and still wouldnt match the more populous United States.

But thats the thing. US had the better tech, and Ukraine had American tech. Also American training, American officers (as "advisors"), and enough gibs to get the largest fucking army in Europe in decades. Virtually everyone was in reserve.

So Ukraine and Russia are naturally evenly matched soldier by soldier. Russia has been advancing more than retreating even now, which I consider surprising. Impressive, even.

Basically Russia needs two things to prove she is a superpower again
>Wide power projection and ability to maintain it.
>Prove her mettle in war and perhaps annex territory. See: Spanish-American War, arguably the start of America's rise.

Syria mostly settled the first point, or at least a start. If they win this war, the world will have to consider it a legit rival.
Globohomo would lose the Globo and be westhomo or something. Russia maybe will get its own homo idk. But point is they will make this planet once again have true competition.

No, China doesnt count. China is only interested in projecting economic influence. Chinese political aims never go beyond 100 miles off their borders kek.

Attached: 1646521284964.jpg (1080x707, 496.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WSgI5DwL4U
vk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this has to be the longest room in the history of the world I swear to god.

Scratch everything.
This is all about table sizes. Russia BTFO the world with her tables. Sorry gringos.

Russia is obviously never going to be a superpower again. Whats truly surprising is just how much of that modernization money was stolen by corrupt generals.

check the ruskie intercom tech. no wonder they're losing.

Attached: 000333223265.jpg (499x354, 18.49K)

Well I honestly wish they manage it.
Screw Ukraine. Never met a Ukrainian anyway. This world NEEDS competition.

He's just a big Adam West fan

Attached: batman.png (730x547, 772.33K)

What competition? Russia is absolutely no threat to the US or Nato and the lie that they are some kind of hostile "competition" is part of what has led putin to make a retarded decision that has doomed his nation to ruin.

it's shopped you twat

cope
youtube.com/watch?v=2WSgI5DwL4U

I said I hope it becomes one. You dont need to be a threat, just appear to be one. That can be done

"hey, did you check the gps Ivan?"

Attached: rusmain.jpg (782x565, 56.13K)

Why tho? You sound like john bolton.

hey faggot. why are you so eager to test the ruskie resolve when 100s of millions of lives hang in the balance?

Attached: 2154582245qw.jpg (685x687, 46.96K)

If russia wants to nuke the world because it fucked up, thats on them.

Monopoly on anything hurts innovation. Communism or capitalism didnt bring anyone to space, competition did.
This is extremely important.

>Meanwhile back at headquarters

Attached: navigation.gif (480x270, 651.34K)

Russia isn't some competing ideology. You have a strange view of how power works. As if countries need to be at each others throats for reasons.

Another Lt Col dead rofl
vk com/rvvdku1918?w=wall-26673779_81795

Attached: 123409240696.png (529x526, 233.38K)

They do, Fukuyama, your Order is fading

That's why if a country like Poland intervenes and drag NATO into this mess, it will certainly result in nuclear weapons usage by Russia with the escalation of the conflict, they have literally no other choice.
Unlike USA doctrine where nuclear war is separated from conventional war, Russia doesn't disregard the use of nukes in a tactical fashion.

I said why rivalry is important. May be a friendly rivalry even who cares
This is how it always worked you nigger. This is so countries one-up each other again and again. If there is none of that, we are bound to stagnate.
There is always a choice.

how can it be this shit when retarded underage russian kids have better machinery to infest counterstrike with their presence?

Its huntington that the DC think tanks worship at the alter of. Hence the forever war with non threats like russia.

The choice of Russia capitulating then, which I highly doubt will happen.

I meant Poland has more than one choice.
For example not pulling NATO and let the garbage that was Ukraine crumble. It was bound to do so since its founding. It follows no ethnic lines, they started only half Ukrainian and even though they upped it to 3/4 with draconian methods, it is at heart still divided.

It never had a chance. Lenin was shit at drawing, thats all.

>This is how it always worked you nigger.
No not really. Several powers far stronger than russia are allied in nato right now. Your strange notion of all against all is what leads to wars for zog. Russia is not competition or some great threat. Its a pitiful dying country lashing out because its been antagonized and has some very dubious decision makers as of late.

You see, if table grows longer, eventually it will reach Kyieev.

No, rivalries dont necessarily conclude in wars.
NATO should sit back and watch and not meddle on whats not its territory.
>ts a pitiful dying country lashing out
Boomer or illiterate?
Either way I cant go anywhere with you.

Attached: StateLibQld_2_109108_Two_men_reeling_in_a_large_fish.jpg (1000x685, 55.46K)

Sorry if your not getting the putin circle jerk you expected from this thread but russia is weak. Demographically economically and by every measurable standard its a shithole. Its not some great a rising power going to revolutionize the world. You being some tankie or whatever is fine. The fact that actual people in positions of power have for years painted russia as if its 1962 again and russia is some great and powerful threat to civilization is the problem.

agreed
China as a rising power is much more easily argued, and they have some major issues to contend with like an aging population
Russia has the same low birth rates with what else? I don't see how this turns around for them, but I would be happy for them if it somehow did

how is it not a dying country? by what measure is it growing or sustaining? the population is shrinking, the native people aren't having kids, the economy is in the shitter. the military is mediocre at best, a lot of the top talent emigrates, so what is there? natural resources?
>NATO should sit back and watch and not meddle on whats not its territory.
funny, I don't think you would say the same about Russia, that it shouldn't meddle in the territory of others