Nobody Wants To Work

Starting pay at Target now ranges from $15 to $24 per hour, plus benefits and employee discounts

Serious question for econfags: when the fuck is the rest of the economy going to catch up? Why should someone bother getting a degree or learning a trade when they can literally bag groceries and collect shopping carts from a parking lot for $15 to $24 an hour?

Take a quick look on Indeed and you'll see that most jobs start at $15 or less. Anything $15+ requires a degree or specific trade skills, and is a thousand times more stressful and liability-heavy than working at Target.

Is the entire job market irreversibly fucked at this point? Zero skill jobs are literally paying more than most skilled labor positions now.

Attached: Screenshot_20220323-120218_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1888, 742.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U
youtu.be/_C5eN8PvEOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes. This will lead to wage induced inflation. Only a matter of time before other corpos join in

There are a million videos on youtube on how to do side hustles to pay the bills. You are not backed up against a wall like you think. For instance, retail arbitrage.

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4 (Retail Arbitrage 101)
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY (How to Sell 88K Of Used Books on Amazon)
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8 (Dollar Tree Retail Arbitrage)
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY (Scaling Retail Arbitrage To $40k)
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030 (RETAIL ARBITRAGE - Sourcing At Marshalls for Amazon FBA)
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80 (The 20 Year Old Homeless Full Time Amazon Seller)
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg (How I Get Walmart To PAY My BILLS Every Month)
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg (Ebay Speedrun)
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U (Plan for 7 figures using online arbitrage)

It is really not difficult to make 50k/yr just thrifting and selling items on ebay and similar sites. It takes zero risk to start doing that and there are a billion and one videos showing how it's done.

There is no reason to sell your soul just because of a job especially now when there are so many other ways to make money other than a job that demands your internal biology as its possession.

"Daily Refinement"'s youtube channel has interviews with tech n sports are very good for showing how to
focus on a niche and become efficient enough to be much more profitable.

Thrift and sell things on ebay or poshmark or amazon. You can make mid 5 figures and don't have to play clot shot roulette.

Can someone ban this spamming retard already?

if any of those side hustles were as lucrative as you claim then the people doing them would keep their mouths shut about it instead of broadcasting the info on youtube so that they flood their own market and put themselves out of business

Attached: Screenshot_20220314-140444_Instagram.jpg (1080x1228, 434.33K)

You mean op?

That’s because collecting ad revenue from drooling retards on youtube is their actual side hustle.

Here's my experience
>Go to college part time
>Make 14 an hour at a liquor store full time a year ago
>Have two years experience then and make a dollar less than previous job because "working around my school schedule causes headaches for management"
>They make me close the store, count registers, keep brainless stoner retard in check, frequently I'm the only one in.
>Basically the assistant manager
>Ask for a raise citing this and how I'm loyal, always show up on time, new hires literally walk on with no relevant experience making more and leaving within weeks
>"We don't give raises to people who ask, it's purely based on how we evaluate performance"
>Fine then
>Get new job within two weeks that offers a dollar more, overtime opportunities, no unofficial assistant manager BS
>They don't even try to keep me
>I hear about a month later a store driver and the one in charge of the beer department are furious and leave too when they caught wind of what happened to me.
>Store in shambles and they had to get help from other locations in the chain and reduce operating hours.
If you're an employer, you need to have serious dialogue with your employees about compensation. Got tired of them fucking me so I fucked them pretty good. It's been a year since I left and my boss says that by June 1st I will receive a bump to 20 an hour and will make up to 22 once I graduate in the fall and want to stick around part time.
The job market isn't fucked, companies that don't adapt are.

Try getting a job where you're responsible for taking raw materials and creating something of value, instead of being either a useless paper pushing desk nigger or a ricjkshaw driving coolie nigger, and you'll make more money and have more time to know what to do with. The middle men of society need to die off quickly, and as painfully as possible.

>meanwhile my wage doesn't increase
>effectively making the same as a burger flipper
wow

well yeah inflation doubled prices, double minimum wage would be $17 an hour, so Brandon robbed them all but they're too stupid to change political ideology.

>minimum wage is 15-24
So... it's 15?

famine is coming
civil war is coming

The wage increases won't last either. Same way the very short window of "cheap rent" only lasted a few months during covid.
>desperate for workers
>hire someone for $20 an hour
>worker does good job
>a few years go by
>labor market normalizes
>corporations layoff all those $20 an hour employees and replace them with minimum wage employees

The system is set up in a way that they obviously don't want you to work. I mean, the whole social security and work eligibility thing is super strict, and you'll probably wind up needing photo ID which puts you into a facial recognition database, which is obviously not an acceptable term for any sane person, and then there's income tax, drug testing, etc. You can't just work in the US.

the caveat of all these job listing rates is the little >up to
and then once you're signed on they pull taxes, insurance, union dues (if any), uniforms, etc and before you know it, you're netting $8-10 an hour.

Why would the economy catch up? Office workers are literally less productive than most shop workers and there's a huge over supply of them

22 an hour is not really that impressive faggot, in 2008 it was but you are basically just coping because 22 an hour in 2022 is like 11 an hour in 2009. plus you pay taxes on that shit like a normalfag so really you are making piss and I bet there is no benefits

Except this is no longer a viable option. The IRS now targets you if you make $600 or more per year selling things. You will be punished for making money on the side.

this.

youtu.be/_C5eN8PvEOU
Can't make everyone rich, so they'll make everyone poor