Reducing parking — particularly free parking — is key to changing travel behavior, said Jennifer Dill...

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-21/utah-dreams-up-a-different-kind-of-15-minute-city

>Reducing parking — particularly free parking — is key to changing travel behavior, said Jennifer Dill, an urban planning professor and director of the Transportation Research and Education Center at Portland State University. “The evidence is really clear on this,”

>“The goal of all involved is to see if we can reduce those parking stalls, not only to discourage single-occupancy vehicle use but also to save money,”

Attached: SmartSelect_20220323-120259_Chrome.jpg (1060x1128, 667.69K)

Just a jew trick.
The intention is to easily control entire populations by putting them all on their own grid. Just flip a switch and they're screwed. EZPZ.

>Walking is so much better than driving we need punitive measures to dissuade people from driving

Attached: 234344444.jpg (327x280, 29.82K)

>look goys, we invented a small town
kek.

based

They are already counting on every major US city being leveled in the next couple of years.

They'll nuke our cities and blame the Russians because they realize how much of a drain of natural resources cities are.

Nah, They will just keep provoking Putin until he is forced to hit the button himself. But watch, Our anti missile defense system will "Be down for maintenance" that day and the ICBM will slip through.

Attached: clown world.jpg (720x664, 34.84K)

Mutts are as familiar with walkable neighborhoods as they are an intact penis

Where will the prisoners live then?

Attached: prison city.jpg (1481x1109, 648.16K)

I love that meme and I'm immediately stealing it

Attached: f8382fe8214e6b602946532c3e0030fe3b656ef10028ddbdea8c89684352c2b9.jpg (311x311, 9.65K)

If I lived and worked in a place like that, I still wouldn't walk. I'd def get like a Mitsubishi Mirage or other really cheap small city car for daily use. In a state that stays warm or tolerable all year might even go for a small cc motorbike like that 125cc Honda trail bike they released in the US recently for like $3k.

>to make public transport good you don't need to actually make it good
>just make car owners life as miserable as possible so even the shitty alternative seems better
every fucking time

Attached: pepper.jpg (126x125, 2.82K)

Small towns don't work if you have to commute outside of them to find work. I lived in a small town in Japan a while back. I could easily walk or ride a bicycle (very short ride) to get groceries, to get to work, to go to dozens of restaurants, or to get to the train, which would take me anywhere else in the country or to an airport. It only worked because all of the lot sizes were so small. Even car dealerships only had inventory sizes of maybe 5 cars on the lot--the rest were 1:10 scale models they kept on shelves.

I've also lived in Salt Lake City, and you need a car there. It's a big, spread-out, American city. You will need a car to commute to work or go anywhere else, especially a grocery store. They do have a light rail system, and it goes to the airport, but if you are trying to get from your house to the light rail station with luggage, you'll be walking 25 minutes hauling a bag.

howr they going to keep nogs out?

It's Utah. The bigger problem is the spics and the homeless.

>punitive measures

As if roads and cars maintained by tax dollars are the natural state of the environment.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 22.24.13.png (968x1000, 337.26K)

That’s a campus not a city

60%+ of your population is overweight so even more drastic measures are needed. Any sane country would have banned fast food by now. Fatsos weight more (kek) on your healthcare system than smokers.

It seems like an okay idea in theory, but the coolest part about living in Utah is the nature outside of the cities. How are you going to ride dirt bikes in Moab, or go snowboarding at Park City, or go hiking at Zion NP?

This could be a good idea but instead it's founded on If we were building walkable cities with the intention of using the automobile as our long and medium distance logistics network solution this would be a solid plan.

Short distance, city based, movement would be mostly on foot or by trolly car. With lots of outdoor gathering spaces and greenery, carefully and orderly tended.

Large parking garages could be built on the outskirts. To allow persons to trolly/train into the city and walk.

But still take their personal vehicles to whatever destination they choose.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH URBAN PLANNING NIGGERS? FUCKING MICRO TYRANTS.

Just stop driving everywhere you fat brown retard

I may be a retard, but I am not fat and brown.

>not only to discourage single-occupancy vehicle

These leftist need the fucking rope.

It'll be shit to walk in winter

I would only consider living there is infant genital mutilation was banned, Synagogues were banned, and Jews were banned.