Why are companies pushing for 4-day workweeks, 39 hour workweeks, wfh, etc.?

Is there an agenda here? Wouldn't it make more sense to fire half of the workforce, then let all of them work half the time? WFH could be outsourced. Why is capitalism so inneficient?

Attached: method_acting_edward_norton_fight_club.jpg (540x209, 93.24K)

>wfh could be outsourced
which is exactly why they ran a test run and will implement it asap. All of these white collar douchebags that loved the pandemic so much because of their cushy wfh job are in for a surprise.

They have basically discovered that young men, no matter how smart, are unwilling to work 5 days a week to afford a wife who will no doubt be fucking other men while you're gone from the home 5 days a week. They tried to fix this with remote work and covid restrictions but even more men are NEETs than ever.
>women get easier work
>women get more free time
>somehow...women get paid the same?
yeah not gonna fly. and no i wont work 4 days 39hrs either. lmao.

I expected to see a workaholic german flag for this shit thread.
The purpose of life is not to work.

>to afford a wife who will no doubt be fucking other men
kill yourself you sad little jewish cuck

shut the fuck up dude I'm a drug dealer and I can fuck any of my client's wives while they're at work. it's a no brainer. some people get free time some have to work. i prefer free time.

>companies
do you actually have a job? what fucking companies except for the three big tech giants are pushing for WFH?
boomers want you in the office
I'm so glad I work in a smaller IT company that still lets me WFH every day for the next months at least

This. I work in ag sales and I work a ten hour day and don't get to work outside the office because I'm new

Increasing the amount of hours doesn’t correlate with more productivity depending on the job.

Productivity means jack shit. More productive social manager, what's that good for? More productive HR? More productive copy writer? They keep making those jobs up and now people don't even need to pretend to work while wfh, it baffles my mind, are those companies just burning money on purpose for some stock game only banksters get?

I don't know if you've realized but there are 83 million people in Germany and 38 million in your country (that's a lot). So they have to pay people to sit inside so they don't cause more climate change like in north Africa by destroying the environment. You're a human cattle if you work. Make your own money.

Because 5 days of work is actually fucking insane. If you ask me, it should reallly be like 3 days of work 4 days off

He said kill yourself. Do it faggot.

>streamline workflow to fit 25% more productivity per day, reduce work week by one day
>sell idea to wagie cattle as a great liberation
>decade passes and the longer work week reemerges driven by the cattle begging to work more hours
>everyone's more wagie than ever
great

If you work under 40 hours a week your employer can consider you a part-time employee and they don't have to provide you with medical insurance or retirement benefits like matching 401k contributions.

Trying to entice NEETs like me back into the wagie fields.

99% of "work" can be done in a about 2-3 hours after that its looking busy to feed your bosses ego/ play along with corpo culture. Honestly i'd be happy if the entire thing became like how we processed to work by the our shitty education system, just make it contract/grade based. You give me task to do I complete it well regardless of how short it took, you pay me the entire worth.

Sneed sells feed and seed, which is completely normal. Chuck, on the other hand, sells fuck and suck.

Pretty much the only ones being fooled by this are wagies who'll delude themselves into thinking they are working less

>wahhh im a dripping vagina
the standard work week used to be 6 days. ford started offering 5 day weeks to his best employees as an incentive, and eventually his entire workforce and later industry were able to make it the standard, and it grew from there. during the war years people worked 6 day weeks. the amish work 6 day weeks. stop being such a little bitch

In the US if you're not a full time employee - 40 hours / 5 days - then your employer does not have to pay you any benefits. It's a common and old scam here.

t. not an engineer