Why do supercars cost so much?

a $30k kit car with a junkyard ls motor and a $1500 carb+cam upgrade is as fast as cars that cost millions of dollars?

Attached: download (1) (2).jpg (275x183, 9.33K)

demand

supply

carbon fiber tub, and aerodynamics and drivetrain that can handle 200mph+ safely

Speed does not equal price. Why are some cars expensive? I dunno why are some clothes? The world is retarded that's why.

Because jews

It's more durable and legal? I dunno

exactly this. the world is retarded.

my porsche 917 replica with a 1200hp twin turbo aluminum 6.2 liter ls and 250mph top speed is legal
carbon fiber is such a meme

>Why do psa cost less than kar when they both shooted the same bullets?
Nigger

Money laundering. Chinks trade Lambos all the time in Vancouver as a way to wash their spy salaries.

yeah lol when you've got a 1000hp+ engine it doesn't matter if you're using carbon fiber or not, the power to weight ratio will still be more than sufficient

illusion.
they're not worth nearly what they retail for- neither the materials, engineering or workmanship. some of them, like a ferrari, are unironically poorly fitted together and drive like garbage

Oh this is a big one in Canada
All these chinese 'students' in supercars, not even trying to hide the laundering

Slide thread

>is as fast
[citation needed]

That would be racist and require a basic understanding of economics.

Exclusivity.

Development costs / Low production numbers = Expensive ass car

fpbp

2wd car with only 500 hp and can be nearly undrivable without r comps even

You're paying for the brand, companies producing supercars are selling a status symbol associated with luxury so why would they want to sell for $30k?

Carbon fiber isn't a meme when it comes to safety

yeah lol when i was in trade school there was a student with a fucking Mercedes C43 AMG. The craziest part is that the parents paid for his rent in a building that was literally across the street of the school.

>carrot on a string
that is why, it keeps you working and wanting, wanting and working.

signalling theory

yeah you need good tires especially if it's RWD, pretty sure on those supercars they've got tires that are worth $20,000 a pair

Then make one like that and sell it for less

most of the money goes toward development

creating a car from the ground up is not cheap, and when you only sell 500 of them you need to make up for the costs in increasing price

that's a HUGE part of it, another big part is that they're highly refined during production and that doesn't come cheap
you need special equipment and skills to refine a lot of little things, mostly which doesn't make a real world difference, but it's still something you expect on a supercar

a car with rough edges can perform the the same, but people are willing to spend a lot for that extra refinement

people touched on the other reasons

why are people here so stupid? Do you have any idea how many man hours of design it takes to engineer the aero dynamics, handling and engine? Never mind the interior which isn't filled with cheap GM plastics. You will NEVER make a shitbox Honda faster around a track than a Koenigsegg. Bunch fucking communists that expect people to work for free

Why did you divide by the low production number?

imagine comparing your junkyard abomination to a porsche

Engineering. Every part is custom.

It's the difference between a Fossil and IWC or a Taurus and H&K.

Only a woman wouldn't know the difference.

the original only had 600, mine is better than the original lmao. engine only cost $6k to start. i got a $400 junk yard engine, a new aluminum block then transferred the parts over and added forged pistons and con rods. i then added a 4 barrel carb, hei ignition, a lightweight flywheel and a hotter cam. that got it up to 600. once my savings had recovered i added dry sump and a twin turbo kit. multimillion dollar hypercar performance for the price of a boomervette
safety is gay

>not understanding basic economics
>flag

Not surprised

brand name is the primary decider of value, not quality. This is consumer economics 101

>anything i don't understand rich people do is money looonderiiiing
>i'll never have nice things but at least i'm not loooonderiiiiing

not many since a superlite slc can keep up and look just as good inside and out doing it

twin turbo V8? insanely fucking based. most of the Koenigsegg engines are supercharged/twin turbo Ford engines anyway. All you need is a good chassis and to be able to get the power down and you're set.

Pretty crazy how they put 1500hp engines in cars, those things are used to lug 50 ton tanks up hills

those are so ridiculous, those specialty tires made for sustaining over 200mph

people start to hesitate keeping foot in it around 160mph because the chassis will definitely lift without air dams/air foil. Christmas day in the am is the perfect time on freeway for people crazy enough to do that shit, it's literally empty at that time

>Laughs in miata

Those koenigsegg will probably just waste on a garage so it doesnt lose "value"