Did the internet kill some parts of social conversation?

Zoomer here, I feel like there was a time People argued for hours on a niche subject at a bar but now it could be solved by a simple google search

is there more?

Attached: download (1).jpg (3024x4032, 1.02M)

There was a time where we actually went outside to play with friends. Or having to memorize the numbers of 50 people

>there was a time People argued for hours on a niche subject at a bar
there wasn't.

Oh my poor zoomer it breaks my heart knowing that you never are going to experience how comfy where those years.

Attached: 1647142932750.jpg (823x1037, 154.28K)

t. born within the last 20 years

The smart phone has to a degree done this for objective facts but people still argue about subjective shit and opinions.

>People argued for hours on a niche subject at a bar
Me and my mates would stay up all night drinking smoking pot and talking politics, world events blah blah. this was in late 1990's. Didn't have a Tv or computer in house. Good times. The generations younger then mine are a huge social experiment and I and fearful of the result.

If the black lodge is real (it is) they definitely are responsible for twitter existing.

They all act autistic. Their social skills fucking suck and they’re all terrified of embarrassment.

you are describing my younger siblings.

Yes, good point zoomer.
There is more: people used to talk on the phone before instant-messaging.

People didnt go to bars to "argue", people werent that political, the two parties had tons of overlap, nothing comparible to the polarization of today.

Attached: U.S.-Strained-by-Increasing-Political-Polarization.jpg (1000x750, 108.26K)

Super Mario 3 poster did it for me user.

People still do all the time. Nobody pulls their phone out mid-convo to google something and fact check banter, you'd look like a total buzzkill faggot.

I was a teenager when Wikipedia came around. I remember sitting at home, realising that everyone is constantly lying and making shit up.

Once upon a time, it wasn't completely unheard to just randomly talk to someone and not be looked at as if you were a psychopath.

I blame this half on technology and half on parenting. My job has me interacting with a lot of parents and they are so fucking off base and in lala land on almost everything in many cases the kids never have a chance.

Bar ethics: you can't look it up immediately. Been there a few times in the close past, even asked the amigão for a pen to write down some stuff for later divings. But only works when people are really into debating and not that much into winning.

>Zoomer here, I feel like there was a time People argued for hours on a niche subject at a bar but now it could be solved by a simple google search

>is there more?

Attached: 1647486651567.jpg (462x527, 49.61K)

the only thing that google searching solves is the goyem question

Why are you googling stuff at a bar?

I think growing up with social media legitimately makes people socially retarded.

>you can't look it up immediately
And then read a snopes article out loud about how wrong you are which just drags you into an entirely different debate that has nothing to do with the original.

Yes, smart phones were a mistake. It took the last remaining critical thinking skills away from the general public. This is completely non-political and applies to both sides.

>Internet killed some parts of social conversation.
Some?
Look, if you want to chat with people in minecraft, you're out of luck. I grew up talking with people face to face all the time. Longest conversation I ever had was a drunk night at a public bathroom, surrounded with people I didn't know. A tit in one hand and my cock in a random mouth with it's pussy getting pounded. I had the internet and games. What were we talking about? Squirrels, ffs. We were there for hours. Want to know why you aren't living that life? You're LARPing through life. Imitating stereotypes and trying to live based on stories you heard about what life is. Social media has it's dick in your ass. Delete that shit. That's the difference between your life and mine. Social media existed for me. I never signed up for it.

> cant read
Nobody said they were there to argue. The arguments were drunk people shooting the shit and encountering an unknown that could be now solved by google.

Attached: Cheers-Cliff-Calvin-Screenshot.png (887x620, 462K)