Is working at McDonalds good for a first job? I'm looking to get a job during the summer, I'm 18 and never had a job...

Is working at McDonalds good for a first job? I'm looking to get a job during the summer, I'm 18 and never had a job. Any anons who have worked at McDonalds here? Any advice for somebody like me? I wanna work during the summer for some extra money..

Attached: 30119430b1c408407efe64b96274d7ff.jpg (736x736, 71.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's as good as anything else. Use your time to think. Don't get involved in petty drama between wagies. This is braindead tier work, once you do it for a few months, it requires absolutely no thought at all. You might have a dick for a manager. That's good, because most managers are dicks, and you should get used to that now. Save your money or if you think the dollar will collapse put your money into something that you think will hold value. Think ahead, plan ahead. And remember, never be a paypig.

Attached: 1617320124527.jpg (680x659, 51.91K)

for a summer, depending on the people working there... its good. you'll be put on front counter or drive thru so u want to be friendly and work fast, reliably, and handle being put under pressure.

learn the menu items, deals and prices. is all I can really say to prepare it helps big time. there will be something daily to "upsell" like asking if they want a dessert or something. so look at current promotional items too, know what is in them.

If you have a problem ask a colleague, dont go straight to manager unless it's important.

Cashier or night fill at a grocery store is better imo

Attached: B1B35B16-C047-4553-8052-665AA99FC09E.jpg (343x500, 30.47K)

Any job is a good first job at your age

>I wanna work during the summer for some extra money..
There are a million videos on youtube on how to do side hustles to pay the bills. You are not backed up against a wall like you think. For instance, retail arbitrage.

youtube.com/watch?v=BR7qIgn_V-4 (Retail Arbitrage 101)
youtube.com/watch?v=MkePYpDkNzY (How to Sell 88K Of Used Books on Amazon)
youtube.com/watch?v=EbjgXpU2YG8 (Dollar Tree Retail Arbitrage)
youtube.com/watch?v=TvMeR3P-FvY (Scaling Retail Arbitrage To $40k)
youtube.com/watch?v=99jiNx75030 (RETAIL ARBITRAGE - Sourcing At Marshalls for Amazon FBA)
youtube.com/watch?v=-Cho7bg5j80 (The 20 Year Old Homeless Full Time Amazon Seller)
youtube.com/watch?v=Zfz9L-8Y7Rg (How I Get Walmart To PAY My BILLS Every Month)
youtube.com/watch?v=AbQrKD9WhIg (Ebay Speedrun)
youtube.com/watch?v=7DCZt9C840U (Plan for 7 figures using online arbitrage)

It is really not difficult to make 50k/yr just thrifting and selling items on ebay and similar sites. It takes zero risk to start doing that and there are a billion and one videos showing how it's done.

There is no reason to sell your soul just because of a job especially now when there are so many other ways to make money other than a job that demands your internal biology as its possession.

"Daily Refinement"'s youtube channel has interviews with tech n sports are very good for showing how to
focus on a niche and become efficient enough to be much more profitable.

Thrift and sell things on ebay or poshmark or amazon. You can make mid 5 figures and don't have to play clot shot roulette.

yes it is, what else did you expect to do for first job? high management?

I went my whole life without ever working in food service. It seems miserable.

Look for backroom jobs at retail or other warehouse type deals. After you have something to list as work experience go into unionized skilled labor.

Not worked there but done similar work at your age. This is unambiguously excellent experience and you will both improve your CV (i.e. have one) and learn fantastic life skills about the reality of the world of work you could never get elsewhere. Do it.

Good if the other employees are also teenagers, not so much if they're intellectually stunted adults.

kneepads would be better

Attached: 1647557332892.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>I'm 18 and never had a job
same but im 31

Attached: 1460909508449.png (327x316, 164.56K)

thank u user for this advice

Fuck McDonalds get a job as a laborer for a construction company or some other blue collar line of work. You will build muscle and get a tan, while if you work at mcdonalds you will become weak and get fat.

Are you cute?

Also you could get a factory job paying more, giving you better hours, and you also wouldn't have to deal with niggers. Avoid McD's.

It's horrific. You'll constantly be badgered about not being fast enough. You'll never get a break etc.

Don't do fast food, get something cushy like retail.

don't work at fucking mcdonalds. at least work at BK or Wendy's

McDonald's is a 24/7 sweatshop. Idk about you fat Americans, but everywhere chain closes by like 11pm, that way you're not working overnights and becomming a vampire. This is Any Forums though so that might be your thing

>You will build muscle and get a tan
general labourers and their sore backs and joints will get the rope

just like 99% of jobs if you're a good looking, social and neurotypical its good
if you're ugly, asocial or unable to fit in then it sucks and you will wanna kys every day

Electrical apprentice, fuck McDonalds everyone’s hiring right now.

It might be menial/boring, but it's invaluable life experience even the shit parts of it. You'll have extra income, your resume will demonstrate work ethic, in some respects you'll learn how the world "really works", and you'll have the satisfaction of actually contributing something to society. I'd also advise looking into a savings account like an IRA.

In the long term, you'll want to pursue training that will advance your career, but anything that gets your foot in the door is great. I worked on an assembly line for my first job. It sucked, but at least it taught me I never want to work on an assembly line again. Now I'm a programmer.

This, never work with customers best case you get yelled at and scammed all day probably you will just get shot

its fine, just dont fall for the loyalty meme

nigger why did you open the same thread on Any Forums?

Attached: 686358368658.gif (446x469, 1.17M)

I wanted to post it here just to see the responses