Finally some decent Russian footage

Ka-52 Pilot POV, forced landing in a field
files.catbox.moe/7a5zku.mp4

Attached: 1637759467799.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/7a5zku.mp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kino

Cool as fuck thx fren

Why did he land there? Can anyone translate

Think their chopper took hits and were forced. Didn't look like they wanted to land.

Hostomel

Wonder what happened to them. No way they get off the field of there's even one guy with a rifle in the woods...

what's being blurred? is that his arm/tats?

There were a few Mi-24s flying around, one of them could have picked em up

Is this the one? Seems to have taken a hit and landed with gears intact. Farmers got to it guess the pilots got away

Attached: ka52.png (764x510, 724.31K)

why didn't other choppers blow that up to prevent it falling to ukrainians? Did they think they win in 1 day so they can retrieve it?

Different one, this one doesn't have rocket pods, and from the video you can see the rockets were firing from both the left and right pylons.

holy shit that's some amazing footage

Is the HUD helpful actually tracking targets? I can't tell because of the angle the camera is recording but it seems to be going a mile a minute changing and switching back and forth?

What you are seeing is not a good representation of what the pilot is seeing because there is a desync between the refresh rate of the HUD and the framerate of the camera.

The "reductor" was damaged. I don't know what reductor is, the pilot says it.

I won't
But I did translate by deepl the description

A group of Ka-52 and Mi-24 attack helicopters destroyed MANPADS operators' firing positions, anti-aircraft systems and AFU armored vehicles along the airfield perimeter.

Combat was carried out by missile and small arms fire of the helicopters from different types of maneuvering, which allowed the safe landing of tactical landing troops at the airfield.

Army aviation crews timely identified camouflaged air defense assets as well as MANPAD positions hidden behind civilian vehicles. Russian Air Force pilots accurately used the available air defenses, completely destroying the airfield's air defense system.

The commander of the lead Ka-52 helicopter, which came under intense fire from man-portable air defense systems, covered a group of Mi-8 helicopters with tactical landing parties with his vehicle, drawing fire upon himself.

The lead helicopter was hit 18 times by man-portable air defense systems from the ground and anti-aircraft gunships. Having sustained damage, the crew forced the helicopter to land and held it in a circular defense position until the arrival of the second attack group of helicopters, despite continuous fire from AFU units.

The crew of the damaged helicopter was not injured and was evacuated to the airfield by the second strike group of helicopters.

Thanks to the courage and heroism of the crews of the Ka-52 and Mi-24 advanced attack helicopter groups, the airborne landing of airborne troops was accomplished without losses.

>the airborne landing of airborne troops was accomplished without losses.

YEAH VDV VDV

The HUD appears to generally show the horizontal position; altimeter and velocity of the heli.

I don't think the HUD will show tracking because there were no lock-on missiles available on the KA-52 from what I remember.

Is it just me or they didnt seem to hit anything? except one APC?

The only worthwhile mention I found was;
"Reductor-PM is a Russian Helicopters company that produces and provides maintenance services for gearboxes and transmissions for Mi-brand and Ansat helicopters."
So possibly something related to either of those?

>files.catbox.moe/7a5zku.mp4
just like my video games

That rack at the end was noice

>The lead helicopter was hit 18 times by man-portable air defense systems from the ground and anti-aircraft gunships.

God damn. Is this real? How durable is that aircraft

Is there a way to ask janies to enable sound in Any Forums WEBMs for the duration of the conflict?
So much of the war footage has sound, but we are missing out.

The reductor appears to be one of the rotating gears used for the propeller; it is likely the gear fractured or jammed due to shrapnel from the MANPADS

Yeah nah they were just getting rid of all their ammo so they can rtb and say mission accomplished

Man I wish I was in ukraine right now. those niggers probably wouldnt let me leave but the loot must be legendary right now.

All I want is some rifles, sniper, boom boom stuff and maybe a west.
In a post apocalyptic setting it would serve me right.

Attached: 1647336477357.jpg (1024x548, 51.19K)

No, reductor is a car part(engine part), I just don't know what it does. They shit and damaged that part, I think it has stationerino to do with fuel injection, but again I don't know

Surprised there's no "detonate all weapons still onboard" remote the pilot can hit once they're away.
That's probably a fuel tank but a self destruct button would prevent tech from falling into enemy hands. Anyone remember the stealth black hawk from the bin laden raid that they had to plant charges on manually and failed? The wreckage got taken away on a flatbed and sold to China iirc.

Did he get him? It's hard to tell as using unguided missiles just kicks up smoke.

Fuck me in the ass, autocorrect on my phone...
Yes, maybe a gear. I definitely know that it's a car engine or transmission part because I heard it a lot from my friends who often discuss their cars.

Really amazing how unsophisticated Russian tech is. Do they think this is ww2?

That's only ugly nigger

It might be. All I can tell from googling and engineering knowledge is that has to do with the gearbox. To which when we analyze the downed Ka-52 early in the war it does appear to be the case.

Reduction gear, basically their gearbox

Is this at NorthWest airfield in chernarus

And they landed in the middle of enemy territory for the lols correct...

Performing better than Western troops who got their shit handed to them by cavemen.

The missiles did seem to miss. But there is some smoke on the tank so who knows.

All this says to me is. If you're in a tank with a Russian helicopter about to get you, you're better off staying in the tank cos he's gonna miss more than he hits lol.

it's ka-52 man

Yeah, that video was reminding about that one time I decided to go ground attacker in IL-2 BoS with my shitty joystick. I frankly expected a more stable/precise platform.
I think you can hear it getting hit at around ~1:24. That sound of a ball hitting the aircraft reminded of what ww2 vets said about their planes getting hit.

its your avg friendly neighbourhood nigger.
next decades they will flood europe so prepare your anus.
kikes seen how easy they have it in usa so they took out gaddafi and since then europe got filled with shitskins. we will get the usa treatment.

Get a job you dumb cunt.

Its a very unique helicopter design; in a sense that it doesn't have a tail rotor. The low-flying and shear amount of flares it pumped out defiantly helped it out. With addition that its the only helicopter in the world so far with an ejection seat system installed.

Based

Attached: 1643245403686.gif (400x185, 2.61M)

Thank you.

>finally
>Hostomel landing prep
>from literally first two days of the war
>finally

russians make their aircraft sturdy and keep the airstrips like shit because in a war the airfield wont be pristine anyway

In the end though Flares can only do so much (its reduces the probability of you getting hit rather than guarantee)