When did it become "Kyiv" and not ""Kiev"?

What psyop is this?

Attached: kyiv.jpg (818x368, 79.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev
youtube.com/watch?v=q4FRQJPN_gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's Kiew

It's 100% about easily searching and sorting analytics, media outlets want to check how far their little buzzword lingo is received by their consumers.

Westerners are afraid spelling it Kiev would be appeasing Putin, who is considered world public enemy number one right now.

I was still Kiev when I went shopping last week. If they change it I'm legit going to start making my own.

Lmao i hate niggers and kikes

And it's no psyop, just easy virtue signaling. Any normie will jump on the chance to virtue signal by changing a single word he almost never used.

i looked in my old early 1990's world atlas an it was labeled:
Kiev
(Kiyev)
(Kiyyev)

nothing but training their NPCs like pets really. serves no actual purpose, it's just about conditioning to do as they are told, even for dumb shit like spelling a word differently.

Its Putingrad in 2 weeks.

kek

honestly always been retarded. it's like arguing if it's tokyo or toukyou.
it's 東京. and kiev is Київ. either write it correctly (which they can't because they can't read and write those letters), or use the agreed upon version in your own alphabet rather than constantly making up new shit because
>uhh ackschually this version would be more accurate
and it's still wrong, so might as well use the version everyone already knows.

Kinda like a radioactive tracer. Definitely glows. :D

Attached: I_taste_metal.jpg (1650x1552, 144.69K)

Who first proposed it? If indeed planted by government, then you're right. Otherwise it's just cheap virtue signaling by people for people.
Normies eat that shit up like freshly baked cookies.

They use cyrillic letters. It actually looks like kneb or something. Kinda like how they changed the name of Bombay to Mumbai. Or Peking to Beijing. They all still have the same name as always, we just have to make up a way to spell it with normal letters because the locals use completely different letters. All the retards pronouncing Kyiv as keeve are just stupid, it is still Kiev they just decided to use different letters to write the same thing.

I CAN'T KEEV

kinda like using latin script to write injun placenames

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KyivNotKiev

the switch happened last month. Google trends show kiev always until exactly when the Ukraine conflict started and then they swapped. Kyiv was essentially invented a month ago as a spelling despite what glowniggers say

fpbp

My world map that I bought in 2020 says Kiev, then in much smaller letters it says (Kyiv) next to it.

This country has no control over its own affairs and the people who run it have totally different concerns and interests than the people who live in it.
Woolies are price goughing bastards but appartently the thing that really enrages the average Australian isn't that they're paying twice as much as they should but that our chicken with garlic or ham and cheese in it might be spelled incorrectly.

globohomo started a campaign to push the new spelling a few years ago but as far as the public goes nobody used kyiv until last month. google trends prove it

Kyiv is naled. Kiev is a pastrie

Its actually Kiwi

Attached: CqGB9fXXYAEhuDZ.jpg (520x370, 26.08K)

Coles still has Kiev. Woolworths is kike central
youtube.com/watch?v=q4FRQJPN_gk

It was always Kyiv, the west was just ignorant of the correct spelling.

>It was always Kyiv, the west was just ignorant of the correct spelling.

Attached: 1626953219971.png (680x685, 95.57K)

> Kyiv was essentially invented a month ago as a spelling
Imagine being this fucking ignorant.
Retard.

>Goldstein
kek

>Hello Mr. Goldstein
Every fucking time

Kislev

Attached: 32a1029282d0cc627212bc3af3e7013f (1).png (256x256, 73.83K)

What's this Kyiv rubbish? Not how me nan spelled it.

Attached: 1cc.png (579x536, 14.04K)

lol chuds lose again

When did it become "Australia" and not "New Holland"? What psyop is this?

Attached: 1647599049599.jpg (597x480, 108.16K)

it became Kyiv when it stopped begin Kijów :(

It's a psyop to make it impossible to be neutral (accepting the new spelling is obviously pro-ukraine, but using the old spelling - from an NPC standpoint - is pro-russian, or at the very least a sign of free-thinking) and ensures that NPCs don't accidentally look at unbiased sources (since unbiased sources will likely use the old spelling, and NPCs will only be typing in "Kyiv" instead of "Kiev", and in fact, will probably only watch the 'correct' sources that use the new spelling irrelevant of search difficultly).