Are these good for water storage? if so how long can you store water for...

are these good for water storage? if so how long can you store water for? theoretically could i keep water in one for years as long has i dont put in into the sun and keep it in a roomtemp dark place?
what is the best way to store water

Attached: 85d64aa2-3132-4546-9aa6-1228fee9e986_1.2a502f58b4b5674969ba034772908228.jpg (768x768, 43.66K)

>Storing water in plastic

Attached: 48484737.jpg (527x503, 58.85K)

I see some prepper stashes and they sometimes have these big blue barrels. Not sure how good they are.
I'll be monitoring this thread if anyone has any good info.

This really is the concern. I think glass would be ideal, but if there's a tremor, stray bullet, or you look at it wrong, your water is gone and there's glass everywhere.

Attached: blue_barrels.jpg (508x339, 87.58K)

if your an expert on water storage then please tell me your secrets

there are different types of plastic.

>I think glass would be ideal
no

they are polycarbonate, loaded with xenoestrogen bisphenol A, which would eventually leeach into water - time and concentration would depend on storage temperature.
stainless steel and glass are better options or you can look for commercial milk barrels of plasic origin.

You learned that by collecting buttplugs, didn´t you?

Glass lined stainless tank would be ideal. You can buy take outs fairly cheap. Be careful with your rigging

Get one of picrel. They are German Army Surplus and only 15€. They hold 20 liters and are made out of steel.
You should get something similar in the Jewnited States.

Attached: bundeswehr-wasserkanister-gebraucht-20-l.jpg (1200x1200, 63.78K)

Yeah. They're huge 5 gallon jugs,they hold gallons of water. That's literally the whole point

The water still fucking comes in plastic or you have to buy a reverse osmosis filter for tap water that needs to be replaced often. You can't get and store clean water for anything under a thousand dollars...

If anyone reads this. Your most cost effective move is to get organic milk kefir grains and make and consume that shit daily. It gives your gut a fighting chance to sort out all the unavoidable fucked up shit in our food/water. Unless you want to spend thousands on eliminating negligible chemicals that are less toxic than, for example, glyphosate. Plastic is unavoidable at this point.

thanks for the advice frens

Nigga, that bottle will only last you a week tops.

only a week? doubt it. we are talking about storage user i know 5 gallons wouldnt last long when drinking from it everyday but theoretically how long could you store water in one of the jugs in the op

Months likely, as long as it's well sealed and stored in a clean place.

>time and concentration would depend on storage temperature.
any thought on what that timeand temperature that might be?
also thanks for your post user

You can always boil the water and after cooling use it.

only place i have that i can figure would be my empty closet its dark,out of the sun and stays cool (except in the summer when its hotoutside and i dont have a/c) would that be fine or should i think of other places of where to store?

>Yo just put water in things that rust
this advice will make you stronger